Travel Blogs from Berlin
... it has a glass dome at the very top, which sparkles in the night sky. Our guide explained the history of the building, and told us that you can visit Parliament and walk up through the dome. She said that although entrance is free you must register days in advance, put forth your passport number and go through several security checkpoints to get access.
Feeling rather glum that none of us would be granted this opportunity, I wondered if this was ...
... normal;">Finally made it to my hostel, absolutely ravished with hunger, mind you. Ordered myself a snack and pulled out my laptop to play a bit of catch up. And of course, as fate would have it, I got a response from the one job I was really keen on in Munich wanting to meet with me. Screw you universe. After I wrote a quick reply explaining the situation and requesting (ever so apologetically and politely) that she forward the application to the Berlin ...
... Look at those pics...IKEA, right? After orienting myself to my new neighborhood, I went out for a few groceries.
... some of which have included a couple of baskets, a gas stove cooker, a tent for the bikes (hmmm perhaps a little unnecessary), a tarp, some zip ties ( of course) and a few other bits and pieces. At the moment he is riding to a second hand book shop in kreutzberg which has some cool cycling maps of Europe he wants to buy. He has also been amazingly lovely, taking care of poor sick, feeling sorry for herself Nonni, by making tea, cooking dinner, ...
Well that was quite the party! I am in Berlin tonight, but my thoughts are drifting back to the last night with the Contiki crew. We went for an included dinner at a very adorable local restaurant in Warsaw. They actually included two drinks and I had red wine, which tasted slightly watered down and I wouldn't have been surprised if it was the cheapest around, still it was nice to have a couple of free drinks! Dinner was a delicious duck with cherry sauce ...
Other places to stay in Berlin
Charlottenburg, Berlin | 5 star hotelfrom $137
- Stunning modern hotel fabulous room every area superb design.
- A touch of the old DDR
- Great rooms but falling short in other areas
Tiergarten, Berlin | 5 star hotelfrom $198
- Best hotel ever seen; every year again!!!
- Great experience
- Spacious rooms, quiet, and centrally located
Mitte, Berlin | 5 star hotelfrom $156
- We'll go back to Berlin.... just for this hotel!
- Utterly lovely
Charlottenburg, Berlin | 5 star hotelfrom $138
- Great Location, Beautiful Hotel, Excellent Staff
- Best location, great return on money, sparkling clean and beautiful
Mitte, Berlin | 5 star hotelfrom $115
- An excellent all round experience
- Good and convenient hotel
- Very good but not amazing
Tempelhof-Schöneberg, Berlin | 4 star hotelfrom $106
- Excellent Hotel
- Very good hotel
- Great location
Mitte, Berlin | 5 star hotelfrom $150
- Bestin Westin.
- What an Awesome Hotel!
- Perfect First Class all the Way!
Mitte, Berlin | 4 star hotelfrom $99
- Pleasantly surprised
- Where have these people being staying?
- Amazing Views of East Meets West
Tiergarten, Berlin | 5 star hotelfrom $178
- 5 Star excellence
- Great situation, great hotel !
- Good for trios/families
Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf, Berlin | 5 star hotelfrom $124
- Great stay
- I am ver hard to please but........
Spandau, Berlin | 4 star hotelfrom $54
Alt-Hohenschönhausen, Berlin | 4 star hotelfrom $66
Tiergarten, Berlin | 4 star hotelfrom $138
- A Short Summer Break In Berlin
- Very mixed
- Good Standard
Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf, Berlin | 5 star hotelfrom $108
- Not a 5-Star Hotel
- Elegance without stuffiness
- Tranquil oasis
Mitte, Berlin | 4 star hotelfrom $127
Mitte, Berlin | 5 star hotelfrom $148
- Excellent service and lovely location
- Fantastic Berlin Hilton
- Ist Class Hotel
Tempelhof-Schöneberg, Berlin | 4 star hotelfrom $97
Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg, Berlin | 4 star hotelfrom $92
Mitte, Berlin | 4 star hotelfrom $89
- Great hotel
- Excellent location and comfort
- Lovely Hotel But ..
Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg, Berlin | 3 star hotelfrom $102
- Good value all round
- Best choice in Berlin for good value
Mitte, Berlin | 5 star hotelfrom $161
- Nice hotel, prime location, friendly staff
- Great Hotel!
- Great Location and a Great Hotel
Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf, Berlin | 4 star hotelfrom $44
- Ok for the money
- Stay away from this thing
- Small Rooms, bad AC
Mitte, Berlin | 4 star hotelfrom $96
- Best buy in town
- Great hotel
- Love it!
Neukölln, Berlin | 4 star hotelfrom $126
Mitte, Berlin | 4 star hotelfrom $90
- Pleasant surprise!
- Check out the 8th floor
Mitte, Berlin | 4 star hotelfrom $134
- Good With A Few Exceptions
- New Hotel, Great Location