Travel Blogs from Prague
... countless church spires to remain. We arrived at the city quite late in the afternoon on our first day and only managed to do a quick orientation walk through the city, however the following day was beautiful sunshine and we got to explore the jewish neighbourhood (josefov), prague castle, the lennon wall and the charles bridge connecting the 'old town' with the 'lesser town'. We also saw the memorial for Jan Palich, the university student whom set ...
... Unfortunately, the central hostels are pretty tightly booked/packed so we didn't find any available beds in the hostels we were interested in. But it worked out in the end. Apparently breakfast is included in the price of this place!
Dinner was at a nearby pub (most things were closed since it's Sunday) that served "traditional Czech" food. I got Czech beef with gravy ...
Arrived on thursday night tired from munich , got to hostel 1 the most chilled and fun , liberal and friendly place I have ever stayed. All the people treated me amazingly and we cultured it up and partied hard. Extremely sad to leave this tremendous city xxx
... and a few street performers including a pretty unique one-man-band.
My first stop was the Tyn Church. The architecture of the church is one of my favorite of any gothic structure I've ever seen, but the interior is rather boring. The white walls and high ceilings make for a very cold and bland interior. The alter was unimpressive and the few paintings are uninspired. My next stop was the Municipal Building. ...
... somehow always comforting. Now, after being exposed to hundreds of pages about the different flavours and effects, and when and how it should be drank, the world of tea has never seemed so vast and important.
2. My advice – have a picnic in Prague. Following our Czech dining experience, we took matters into our own hands and raided the supermarkets for our favourite foods. Choose your spot - maybe a park, a bench; for us it was ...
Other places to stay in Prague
Praha 1, Prague | 5 star hotelfrom $121
Praha 9, Prague | 4 star hotelfrom $56
- Great hotel, great price
- Great hotel
- Hotel OK, shame about the location
Praha 4, Prague | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great hotel
- A Huge Dissapointment
- Well worth the extra journey
Praha 1, Prague | 5 star hotelfrom $168
- Solid 4 star
- A Good Choice
- A Very Pleasant Surprise
Praha 9, Prague | 3 star hotelfrom $76
Praha 4, Prague | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Lovely Hotel
- Great location out of city centre
- Fantastic, good value, great standard hotel
Praha 6, Prague | 4 star hotelfrom $66
- Pleased with our choice.
- Nice but not near the city center
- Great hotel
Praha 1, Prague | 5 star hotelfrom $158
- Excellent Staff
- Great staff, great location.
- Fantastic hotel, Great Location
Praha 8, Prague | 4 star hotelfrom $66
Praha 8, Prague | 5 star hotelfrom $114
- A 5 Nights' family holiday - smashing!!
- Lovely hotel
- Breathtaking Atrium, Irritating Corridor Music (sorry so wordy, summary at end!)
Praha 5, Prague | 4 star hotelfrom $75
- Pleasantly Surprised.. :)
- 1st class
Praha 3, Prague | 4 star hotelfrom $73
- Not All That
- Super! An outstanding hotel in a sublime area.
- Standard, edge of town Novotel
Praha 1, Prague | 4 star hotelfrom $66
- Had a great stay...
- Pleased with the pyramida
- A Great hotel with easy access
Praha 4, Prague | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Praha 6, Prague | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Not your typical Holiday Inn
- Royal treatment at sensible prices
- Superb Hotel!!
Praha 5, Prague | 4 star hotelfrom $48
Tlalpan Sur/South, Prague | 4 star hotelfrom $50
Praha 1, Prague | 3 star hotelfrom $97
- Great price & location
- Had problems..Very good location
- Great hotel
Praha 5, Prague | 4 star hotelfrom $89
- What a pleasant surprise
- Most hip hotel so far...
Praha 2, Prague | 4 star hotelfrom $81
Praha 1, Prague | 5 star hotelfrom $438
- Outstanding Hotel
- Perfect in Every Way
- Ultimate luxury
Praha 1, Prague | 5 star hotelfrom $133
- Great Hotel!
- Perfect for a short break
- Wow! What a fantastic hotel!!!
Praha 10, Prague | 3 star hotelfrom $44
- Nice clean Hotel
- No Bedbugs
- A pleasant surprise in Prague
Praha 7, Prague | 4 star hotelfrom $53
Praha 8, Prague | 3 star hotelfrom $85
Praha 11, Prague | 3 star hotelfrom $49
- Great, but be careful
- Great trip, but hotels a bit far from city
- Cheap and Clean for student travelling in Prague!