Hotel Il Castello
No prices found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
TripAdvisor Reviews Hotel Il Castello Rome
Travel Blogs from Rome
... wanted to come back, but I finally made it back to my original hostel. They had no beds for the night, but they’re really nice and let me use their wifi and power outlets and make tea until I found a hostel for the night about 20 minutes away by foot where I stayed there for the night.
I ended up spending 2 more nights at the first hostel after this endeavor and you'll see more about that in the next post
... like a massive roundabout now which ruins the whole ancient Roman feel.
I can't see any of the others, I assume they've long since been and gone so I reluctantly line up in the massive line by myself. The Colosseum is cool enough but this audio guide tour could have been done better, I get bored quickly, skipping forward to the few things I find interesting and then leave, I'm starving, it's about thirty five degrees, it's time to go. As I wait at the bus stop ...
... t figure out how or where to get a ticket from, so we followed the crowd onto the bus hoping for the best; that was until the bus stopped and we were the last ones on board and had no idea where we were! We got off and I used every ounce of my Italian knowledge to get directions and in no time at all we were outside the walls of the Vatican. Only, we were more than an hour early! So to pass time we did what we do best... Go shopping and eat GELATO!!! I think it was ...
... spot of planning was required to get Rach on board as well...
Mum’s comments stuck with me as we headed south and boarded a last minute boat to Antarctica. Visiting this continent was perhaps the most fascinating location in our adventures to date. It was my 7th continent but only Rachael’s 5th. I could ...
... I felt guilty that I had paid for it and suffered through all of it. I think this must be why some people hate rome, I would have been off to a bad start if this was my first impression. Luckily I was leaving afterwards and at this point I felt ready to leave. After a couple of glasses of wine and some delicious pasta I hopped on a train for ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82