Hotel Il Castello
TripAdvisor Reviews Hotel Il Castello Rome
Travel Blogs from Rome
... nah he wouldn't let that happen, hey. He was telling Scott and I about his liquid only diet for 4-6 weeks because he broke his jaw. He was explaining to us that he broke his jaw from too much masturbating into it, What the hell??? Shortly afterwards, his wife told us someone punched him while he was in his sleep, because they were over ...
... we took a taxi to our hotel Adler Roma. It was in a great location and just down the street from where I stayed last year. We dropped off our bags and then went exploring. It was really nice that I had been there before, so I kind of knew where the big tourist areas were. We first visited my favorite Cathedral and then had a delicious lunch in an outdoor cafe. Next, we headed to the Colosseum. I think it cost about 10 euros to get in and we walked ...
... this was an interesting exercise in futility as there are mostly broken pieces of many structures visible today. At this point, we determined we had to proceed around the sealed in area in order to find our way into the lower level where the ancient Roman ruins resided. As we made our way around the perimeter of the ruins we came upon a lady promoting guided tours....it took her less than 5 minutes to convince us to take a guided tour of the Collesseum. So off ...
... that's been around for 45 years. They were efficient but could stand a bit more customer service, although in the end it didn't matter because it was the best pizza!!! (As a side note, our bike tour guide says Naples has better pizza than Rome because of the differences in their water.) With a little time to kill, since we were a block away, we walked by the Notre Dame Global Gateway, a new building in Rome dedicated to serving as ...
... with all modes of transport from on foot to buses sharing the space in the narrowest of streets. Although still early in the tourist season, the tourist hotspots are already jammed packed with people jostling for the best views, making it challenging to get good photos - yay for delete options on cameras to get rid of all those unwanted tourist headshots.
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
125, Via Vittorio Veneto, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $153
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Via Principe Amedeo 3, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $189
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82