Hotel Il Castello
TripAdvisor Reviews Hotel Il Castello Rome
Travel Blogs from Rome
... car, and invite Marco, at the Avis rental agency to take them for his own personal use. We departed the resort about 10:00 expecting a 45 minute drive through the center of the island to the International airport. After reviewing the map, I decided that that route would be the quickest. We had driven on Route 1 (remember even though the roads had numbers the numbers were not displayed). Route 1 had too many different traffic circles and a lack ...
... We explored vast gardens around the property and ended up at piazza de popolo, the beginning of a very ritzi shopping district. From there we strolled to the Spanish steps (the church at the end of steps was under construction). We relaxed for bit (our feet were very sore by this point!) and then toured the great Roman Forum, the political and social centre of roman life from 500 BC to 500 AD. It ...
Up and back on the train. We went to an authentic pizza slice shop, a small kitchen in a back street. The tiny cafe was swamped with locals and visitors. We had to shout our orders over the crowds. The square pizzas were simply incredible.
We walked to the Colosseum. A spectacular sight! We went inside and circled the tiers of this incredible and iconic structure. We spent the the evening at the ...
... wait. Practical Pete took out his mobile and gave the guy a call...Jean Luca said he would there n 5 minutes. Maybe we were early? Turns out it's more of a cross between a hotel and hostel - private bedroom, but shared bathroom and kitchen (brekky provided tho!) and Jean Luca isn't around all the time. After an introduction to a map of rome and an overview of what to see and how much things cost we decided to head out for some takeaway pizza ...
... de Trevi and followed a tradition by tossing a coin over our shoulder into the fountain. We saw the Basilica of St. John, the oldest church in Rome, inaugurated in 318 AD. We saw a 3500 year old Egyptian obelisk, brought to Rome (one of 13 they brought to Rome from Egypt), then they added a cross to the top of each of them.
"Thank you very much" in Italian - Molte grazie
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82