Hotel Il Castello
TripAdvisor Reviews Hotel Il Castello Rome
Travel Blogs from Rome
... sculptures. When we arrived it was encircled in scaffolding as it was being restored.
After dinner at an al fresco restaurant close by we caught the courtesy bus back to the hotel.
18th of June - Vatican
We had breakfast at the hotel, checked out and caught a train to the Roma Termini where we left our bags. We then caught a crowded ...
... were rested well, had ate some of the hotel food, and had the excitement of a young child as we prepared to visit this Circus Maximus that the cab driver had talked about earlier. We walked on foot since it was close to the hotel and in the heart of Rome. Once we arrived to Circus Maximus, we were amazed at how large it was. The cab driver had told us that it was built during the Renaissance Era, but he did not inform us that it was in incredible shape, still ...
... it's really a ramp) where each column is different. It was really interesting to see and had a fantastic view of Rome at the top. There was just so much! I really can't get it all out in this tiny little blog but hopefully I've said enough for you to get the picture haha. So then, what about the rest of my day? It was spent chilling on my bed and letting my feet recover from all the walking we've been doing. Not kidding. We walked back to our hotel from ...
The rain threatened all day but in the end it really only affected us for a couple of minutes getting to the metro and when it did really pour down we were in the museum area of the Colosseum. All in all, the ominous clouds just gave us a good backdrop for some really good photos. As well as the Colosseum we got to walk through the Roman Forum and the history of the buildings, monuments and the role of the various Roman Emperors was ...
... 8217;t able to snap a happy snap. There were a number of people kneeling at the altar and asking a very bored guard for the ok I joined them, just a quick one mind you after all one has to keep in the good book when your up to my age. From there it was down a few more corridors ending in a huge souvenir shop, not the slightest bit interested in more souvenirs I made my way to the Vatican post office where I purchased a number of post cards, had them stamped with a ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82