Hotel Il Castello
TripAdvisor Reviews Hotel Il Castello Rome
Travel Blogs from Rome
... during the service. It was a crazy experience to say the least.
http://www.vatican.com/news/frame.aspx? url=http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/zeni t/english/~3/OYbRRXhV9CU/pope-s-general -audience-fathers-are-called-to-be-exam ples-of-love-and-integrity
... and there were people crammed in everywhere so we decided to just hoof it home! Well, I don't know how the boys rain jackets were, but my and mark's old navy ones from our last Europe trip 2000, that do fine in the spitting rain of San Francisco, were no match for the downpours of Rome! We were soaked!! It was pretty funny though. Mark took the boys home and I went to pick up subway for them since they were just about crying for American food. I would get that then go back ...
... cities it doesn't try too hard to impress, indeed like many Italians we met in general (like the owner of the campsite in the Cinque Terre, who stank suspiciously of hops) you either love them or you hate them, but they sure as hell aren't going to change themselves to change your mind. The towns and cities are all so steeped in history, flaunting the height of ancient and renaissance art and architecture at every turn that they require no positive critique because ...
... you speak better" which was a nice compliment. Dessert of Tiramisu and Coccio de Nocciola (like a lamington-flavoured cheesecake style of wedge with hazelnut through it - great!!!) finished nicely, and here's hoping the flipping neighbours can shoosh during night-time hours...there're already having a very loud disagreement about something as I type this, a delightful repeat of what we experienced at 2 this morning.
Ahh Italy, we hope for a slightly better show ...
First week done- Check! I have officially survived my first week in Rome even though everyone thought I was going to die! I didn't get mugged, I didn't get robbed, I didn't get hit (though I almost did!) Looking back, It has seemed like a month already. I can't believe I still have four months here, I will never get used to it.
So my classes, lets get that boring stuff out of the way. Mondays and wednesday I have classic mythology from 10-11:15pm. I was excited for ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82