Hotel Il Castello
TripAdvisor Reviews Hotel Il Castello Rome
Travel Blogs from Rome
... shopping and the pavements were full of shoppers. We all met up back at the hotel late afternoon. For a glass of wine and to pack our suitcases. I managed to get hold of someone at Emirates and was advised the flight is OK. We went for a pre- dinner stroll along to Piazza Popolo and then found ourselves some where to eat. Tonight we had ...
... think that he may have been carrying the family tradition and throwing one his sisters way occasionally. Luckily non of his DNA was on our dinner. Most of the talk after dinner was reflecting about the trip, how much we loved it and how much of the world we still need to see. Tomorrow is sleep in day and then off for some last minute shopping before packing the bags for home. I cannot give my beautiful wife Tina a big enough wrap for how well she has organised this ...
... the ticket machines to pretend to buy tickets just so we could see which seats were empty. The train filled again at Naples and people joined us on our table. At the next stop we moved seats across the aisle to let a lady have her seat. We've not seen anyone checking tickets as yet or any barriers as we seem to have in the UK to prevent you getting on a train without a ticket. Typically today a guard came round. He wasn't happy with the ticket until he read the information ...
... From the view I could admire the magnificent views of the Roman Forum and Nero's Circus Maximus where chariot races were held. Our last stop on my private walking tour was a stroll along the Via Sacra or 'Sacred Way', the main path through the Roman Forum that was used for triumphal processions. After the tour was completed I parted ways with the tour guide and headed back to my hotel. Wow what an experience I can't believe I walked in the Colosseum! ...
... much left of this area now, it was built in the early 2nd century AD and once held 150 shops and offices. Crossing the road we were greeted by the enormous Vittoriano which we wandered in for a better look. Found a terrace with some great views overlooking town, but unfortunately noticed the famous Colosseum which was only streets away was hidden behind a shield of scaffolding. (half our luck). Next we walk through the ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82