Hotel Il Castello
TripAdvisor Reviews Hotel Il Castello Rome
Travel Blogs from Rome
We decided we would be seeing a plethora of things. We began walking towards the Circus Maximus. This was the place where chariot races and gladiatorial fights would take place. All that was left when we arrived was a big green field. It had mostly been demolished for other buildings to fit in. It's a bit of a sad thing. We couldn't even enter the field because a market was being set up.
With our sojourn in the Eternal City rapidly coming to an end, this morning we finally made it inside St. Peter's Basilica! We arrived at St. Peter's Square at around 9:30, joined the queue, and after a short 15-minute wait, crossed the threshold into what is perhaps Christendom's most glorious and revered site.
The enormous size of this church is overwhelming, with Michelangelo's dome towering almost 450-feet-high, and enough space inside ...
... Waited for recommended restaurant to open near Pantheon - Armando al Pantheon - and then found it was fully booked So went back to Macharino; J had carbonara and I had gnocchi with Gorgonzola and pear sauce, and a mixed salad Home for snooze Out to check city sights at night, walked down and around to colosseum Back to Angelina's for wine and ...
... I might be missing home a little bit tonight. Something about sitting alone in a foreign country on your birthday really makes for an ideal environment to feel homesick.
The main reason I wanted to write was to think about how great of a year I had, the ups and the downs have dramatically changed my life and If you had told me a year ago that I would be living in Italy right now I would have laughed at you! In the Spring I had my busiest semester yet, starting a ...
... it because it had started to rain. We weren't disappointed with our decision. It was massive, intimidating and at the same time sorrowful. Scaffolding covers 1/3 of the outside walls from top to the bottom for cleaning. The inside ruins still reflect where the slaves, gladiators, and lions were held as well as the many levels of bleachers to accommodate 50,000 spectators. Hard to imagine this was a sport. Gladiators, criminals, slaves, and wild animals ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82