How has this hotel rated in the past?
- Room service
- Swimming pool
- Business Services
- Kids activities or Babysitting
Photos of Hotel Hilltop
TripAdvisor Reviews Hotel Hilltop Kandy
Travel Blogs from Kandy
... We were soon bathed in sweat as was everyone around us. I noticed there were local men making a nuisance of themselves with the younger women tourists. 'Escorting' them up the steps with a hand in the small of the back, that didn't stay there for long. The Chinese lass in front of us made it very clear to the perpetrator the attention was unwelcome. Her choice of a short skirt for rock climbing was not a good choice. Our guide steered us down an alternate route when there ...
The temple is called “Temple of the Tooth” because one of Buddha´s teeth is kept inside of this temple. To be more specific, it´s a relic of Buddha´s left wisdom tooth. Let me tell you the story of how Buddha´s tooth appeared on the island of Sri Lanka.
1. Prince Siddhartha, who was born to Queen Mahamaya at the Lumbini Grove in the City of Devdaha, took seven steps to the North on lotus flowers proclaiming his uniqueness.
... children flying this huge red and orange kite which looked amazing against the blue sky and green trees
- hundreds of tiny little homes, lined up along the railway track, with tin roofs, and the odd tuk tuk parked up outside. Because it was dinner time, lots of families were sat outside cooking around stoves
- miniature shrines and temples, whether it was a small plinth with a Buddah ornament on top, or a big statue
- so much jungle and trees and beautiful plants
... and went and got some good medication) I sweated it out in my boiling hot bedroom.. To be honest it was probably just exhaustion - I slept from 9pm till 3pm the following day!
Woke up much better on Thurs and went to Koswatta in the morning - my favourite of my three teaching classes (sangamitta, koswatta and computer class - which isn't about computers, the room just has some computers in it).
Koswatta is a school for ex navy servicemen, so they are all 20 to ...
... everyday living. Its like a drug that takes you by the collar and makes you get addicted to it. The difference is, the high that you get from finishing a hike like this will last forever.
Contact me through this post if you need more info on how to get there. I'm no expert. But I'll tell you what i know and better yet, direct you to people who know better. More pictures can be found on my Flickr account and Travel Blog
Until the next post then, ...