Travel Blogs from Athens
... yachts. I especially like this photo.
At the risk of sounding greedy....I so want to come back and visit Poros and Sirene Blue some day. It's been sensational and refreshingly relaxing! Feel like I could have happily stayed another day or two but David feels happy and ready to move on to our next travel adventure.
At 11am we took a taxi into town and boarded the Hellenic 'Flying Dolphin' Cat. Boy it really does fly. We were back in Athens by ...
Athens (School Project, Not a real trip)
Athens was quite a spectacular place to visit in Europe. The economy of Greece has been extremely poor in the past few months due to debt. The Euro will either stay its own currency or switch back to the Greek Drachma. With its exchange ...
... that turned the tide of the war in Sicily and was a pre-cursor the later amphibious landings at Normandy. Big names were involved in this decisive battle and on the Yank side was General Patton (famous for his round tin hats) and Monty aka General Montgomery (famous for his berets) – both Time Magazine cover men.
Lots of 'isomorphic learning' occurred from the invasion (reacting to your mistakes) as the battle allowed 50,000 ...
... down the boundaries between Kathak and contemporary dance.
The roots of their techniques go back centuries, their traditions open up a vast fan of cultures, and yet they fall into step with astonishing ease. For there is an invisible thread, a shared lineage, which connects these two traditions with their foot stamps and circular hand movements, their abrupt rhythmic changes ...
Friday today and I am out dining with a close friend at one of my favorite restaurants in Athens. I come here as a Food Critic to taste and comment on the Cuisine.
Have in mind that because I like to nibble mostly and I never finish a whole portion no matter how heavenly the dish might be, I asked my portions tonight to be half.
See how I comment on everything.
Simple, Authentic and Tasty Flavors!
Just for ...
Other places to stay in Athens
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $106
- Awful Service, Average Hotel
- Great base for Athens
Neos Kosmos, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $139
- Wonderful Hotel - an oasis of calm compared to the heat and chaos of the city
- Very Nice Place
- The most immaculate hotel ever
1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $163
- Best in Athens
- One word: Superb
????? 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Horrible rooms and breakfast
- Good location, Small clean rooms
- Nice Value
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $81
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $125
- Nice, but......
- AWESOME stay
- Location, location, location
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $385
- Rich Opulence Details
- The Absolute Best!
Παλαιού Φαλήρου, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $103
- A Cruise/Conference Hotel
- Big Hotel
- Good Hotel, Nice breakfast and toiletteries
Circle - IX, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $12
- This hotel is super, and I know what I talk about
- Greco Imperial OK, No local flavor
- Dissapointed-definetely not a 5 star hotel.
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $87
- Convenient location next to the Metro
- Want a rooftop pool in Athens?
- Great place to stay
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $114
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $127
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $92
- Enjoyed the stay
- Great Rooftop Pool
- Una maravilla de piscina
Makriyanni, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $106
- 3 blocks from acropolis--great location
- Best Part of this hotel was the bartender, Fotis
- Close to Acropolis, but average hotel
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $104
Kolonaki, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Would not stay here again
- Oh what a hill...
- Good location in Athens, nice 4/5* hotel
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- Enjoyed my stay....
- Quite Impressed! Really Enjoyed Our Stay
- There is no rooftop pool!!
Αθήνα 6, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $46
Omonia Square, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $68
- Arachnophopbes beware
- Was very pleasantly surprised
- Dorian was good
Omonia Square, Athens | 3 star hotelfrom $52
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $93
- Terrible Hotel
- The Worst Customer Service EVER!
- No es un cinco estrellas
Syntagma Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $134
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $116
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $166
- Excellant hotel
- Great Value and Wonderful Location
- Incredibly Perfect Location - Luxurious & Fun
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $53
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $124
- Loved this Hip Hotel
- Fresh attitude
- Great for the price