Travel Blogs from Healdsburg
- Nice breakfast at Hotel Healdsburg
- Morning walk around Healdsburg, plaza, farmer's market, etc.
- Beautiful drive to Lancaster Estate Vineyards - watching the Vineman Ironman Race
- Private vineyard tour
- Private wine tasting in the Library of the wine cave
- Taking wine tasting notes of each wine tasted …
- Waking up at 5AM to go hot air ballooning
- Drive through Starbucks
- Hot air ballooning - drifting effortlessly high above the beautiful California landscape
- Lauren soaking in the heat from the hot air balloon while David tries to shield her from burning
- VERY inappropriate remarks from our pilot (Did he really …
... know that we like. Today was all about new places and for the most part was very successful.
The first spot on the trail was the Gustafson Winery which sits high up on a hill overlooking Lake Sonoma. The amazing views from the picnic area were well matched by the wines that they make. The experience was also improved by having the wine maker doing the tastings and telling us all about how he comes to make all the great wines. Of course I ad no idea ...
... said he can now test solely on taste of the grapes. Once the grapes are ripe they get put in the Stemer and crusher to create must. He then Adds yeast (some use natural yeast) and lets fermentation take place for 1-2 weeks. The co2 makes buffer between must and air. He Punches down the juice 2-3 times a day to get color of skins into juice. Once sugar is eaten by the yeast it's ready to be pressed. He Presses the skins away in a wine press and puts ...
... out our first tasting from the bar. The lawn overlooked the vineyards and was littered with lounge chairs and to our surprise hula hoops. Although I am not a fan of sharing a winery with obnoxious drunk people, the addition of hula hoops could definitely improve a lush’s entertainment level. As it was early afternoon, I think we were a bit early to witness anyone’s talent or lack thereof. Besides Mike still found something to laugh ...