Hotel Gasthof zur Post
Travel Blogs from Munich
... gracefully - sober or inebriated. Meanwhile, hundreds in the crowd cheer for you as you prepare for your doomed ascent while under their breaths they're already laughing at you before you even set foot on the conveyor belt. Have a laugh for yourself by watching this clip:
Adam and I have always stayed true to our thoughts and impressions in this blog. ...
... dirndls hopped out, and so began to follow them and the rest of the crowd. After only a few minutes, I also began to follow my nose – the smell of roasting chickens began wafting forth, and I figured I was on the right track. After only a few minutes, I was there, surrounded by gingerbread hearts, men in lederhosen and ridiculous fairground rides. I wandered around in a bit of a daze (remember, I’d only had about 4 hours sleep and ...
... Don said.. seriously he said this, "Circus rides?" Laughter abounded...But over the course of the past 10 days or so, he has also said the people in this part of Germany are called "Barvarians" and the temperature over here is not in Fahrenheit, it is in "Chelsius". Got to love the man!!! Keeps us laughing!
We arrived in Munich quite late, traffic jams outside the city on the autobahn. We regrouped and headed for a city walk and dinner with the group. Wow, ...
... next stop we realized we could've just walked back. Time to check into our hostel! Our room was a 6 bed room and so far already 1 other person in there. We were all so buggered that we all had naps before dinner time. We decided to go to Hofbrauhaus for dinner as several people have told me to go there. It was only a 15 minute walk from our hostel back down the main shopping strip. Got there and it seemed pretty cool. There was a band playing Bavarian ...
... cracking a whip in time to the music. All very entertaining. I had sauerbraten and Jim tried yet another bratwurst. And BEER!!! We walked a bit in the rain, a refreshing change of weather, then took the S train to the hotel. Great night sleep with a/c, and up and out this morning.
After a lovely breakfast at the hotel, we walked to the train station. We had reserved seats by the window. Our ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Hotel Gasthof zur Post Munich
Other places to stay in Munich
Altstadt - Lehel, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $456
- Great hotel in downtown Munich
- Bad, Bad, Bad, Bad !
- Hot spot!
Neuhausen - Nymphenburg, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $141
Ludwigsvorstadt - Isarvorstadt, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $195
- Great Location and Big Comfortable Rooms
- Great Location and beautiful hotel
- Can't wait to go back
Au - Haidhausen, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $109
- Stay away!
- A central hotel
- Wait six months and then go
Terminalstrasse / Mitte 20, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $161
- Excellent in every way!
- Americans- wonderful hotel for a vacation to Bavaria!!!
- Beautiful, convenient, and down comforters to boot
Schwabing - Freimann, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $149
- Perfectly nice
- Look at the view!
- Awful location, nice hotel
Schwabing - Freimann, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $130
Ludwigsvorstadt - Isarvorstadt, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $126
Obersendling, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $88
Ludwigsvorstadt - Isarvorstadt, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $233
- Ultra-contemporary design temple with service flaws
- Too Much Tech, Not Enough Service
- Very nice...
Bogenhausen, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $153
- Modern, Great Hotel
- First Class
- A must to avoid
Bogenhausen, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $128
- Well, they lied, but they apologized
- Good value, positive overall.
- Nice but with some problems.
Au - Haidhausen, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $88
Westend, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $128
- Nice Business Hotel convenient for the U-Bahn
- Not bad - (Business Hotel)
- Expensive... Not Worth It!
Schwabing - Freimann, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $156
- Ideal for city break. Perfect location
- Good for a business hotel
- No surprises...exactly what you'd expect...
Schwabing-Ost, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $109
- Good for the price, but bad location
- Stay somewhere else...
- Very nice hotel, unbelievable breakfast
Au - Haidhausen, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $147
- A class act
- Wonderful location, first class hotel, terrific and helpful staff
- An average business class hotel
Graggenau, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $335
- A Grand Old Hotel
- Very nice, but be careful what room they put you in
- Age shows
Messestadt Riem, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Neuhausen - Nymphenburg, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $100
Ludwigsvorstadt - Isarvorstadt, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $165
- VEry comfortable hotel, close to munich city center
- Un fantastico soggiorno
- Un piacevole soggiorno al Marriott Courtyard
Alte Heide - Hirschau, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $89
Maxvorstadt, Munich | 2 star hotelfrom $80
Neuperlach, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $96
Bogenhausen, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $75
Bogenhausen, Munich | 2 star hotelfrom $87