Hotel Gasthof zur Post
TripAdvisor Reviews Hotel Gasthof zur Post Munich
Travel Blogs from Munich
... I tried tipping the attendant, as we didn't do this on Thursday with Benjamin, and a drunken Taff spotted this and told us off at the time. This time however, the attendant refused the tip, so clearly he didn't have a clue what he was talking about at the time. Another attendant came up to us at our table and asked if we wanted something to drink. I had actually been mulling over whether to get something, and spotted the tall pint glasses that two people were drinking ...
... can't wait for summer. More on the historical and interesting points later. After the bike tour I will admit to a "Nanna Nap" and this recharged my batteries enough to again walk Marienplatz in the early evening. I came upon the Weissmeir Pub, built in the 15th Century. What a lovely way to start a blog, have a meal and the odd ale.
So much more to tell and share.......And remember " Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind". Andre Gide
... is a friend at work who earlier in the year went into the public toilets at work and walked in on a man ******** who hadn't locked the door. I gave her, dare I say, so much **** for that at the time! But that came back to bite me on the train, when I went to go to the toilet, saw the green light, tore open the door, and there, mere inches in front of me (train toilets are tiny), was a bloke having a ****. Who does that?! Not just who doesn't lock the train toilet ...
... a few gigantic beers and singing to Oom-pah bands. We knew Renate was watching somewhere, grinning from ear to ear.
We spent the next day nursing a beer headache, but still making it out to a beautiful Munich park before catching our train to the Bavarian Alps.
... cap was not to protect the prisoner from the sun, however was only issued so that the prisoner could remove his cap in the presence of a prison guard. If he did not do this he would be punished. Same goes for his pockets, a prisoner was not permitted to put his hands in his pockets. If he was caught he would be punished. The punishment was 25 lashings with an oxtail whip and during this the prisoner would need to count each lashing. Even if the prisoner was not German he would need ...
Other places to stay in Munich
Altstadt - Lehel, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $439
- Great hotel in downtown Munich
- Bad, Bad, Bad, Bad !
- Hot spot!
Neuhausen - Nymphenburg, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $153
Au - Haidhausen, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $119
- Stay away!
- A central hotel
- Wait six months and then go
Ludwigsvorstadt - Isarvorstadt, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- Great Location and Big Comfortable Rooms
- Great Location and beautiful hotel
- Can't wait to go back
Terminalstrasse Mitte 20, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $174
- Excellent in every way!
- Americans- wonderful hotel for a vacation to Bavaria!!!
- Beautiful, convenient, and down comforters to boot
Schwabing - Freimann, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $157
- Perfectly nice
- Look at the view!
- Awful location, nice hotel
Leopoldstrasse 194, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $449
Ludwigsvorstadt - Isarvorstadt, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $136
Obersendling, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $82
Ludwigsvorstadt - Isarvorstadt, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $244
- Ultra-contemporary design temple with service flaws
- Too Much Tech, Not Enough Service
- Very nice...
Bogenhausen, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $170
- Modern, Great Hotel
- First Class
- A must to avoid
Bogenhausen, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Well, they lied, but they apologized
- Good value, positive overall.
- Nice but with some problems.
Au - Haidhausen, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $95
Westend, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $133
- Nice Business Hotel convenient for the U-Bahn
- Not bad - (Business Hotel)
- Expensive... Not Worth It!
Schwabing - Freimann, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $160
- Ideal for city break. Perfect location
- Good for a business hotel
- No surprises...exactly what you'd expect...
Schwabing-Ost, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $122
- Good for the price, but bad location
- Stay somewhere else...
- Very nice hotel, unbelievable breakfast
Au - Haidhausen, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $148
- A class act
- Wonderful location, first class hotel, terrific and helpful staff
- An average business class hotel
Graggenau, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $383
- A Grand Old Hotel
- Very nice, but be careful what room they put you in
- Age shows
Messestadt Riem, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $90
Neuhausen - Nymphenburg, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $107
Ludwigsvorstadt - Isarvorstadt, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $180
- VEry comfortable hotel, close to munich city center
- Un fantastico soggiorno
- Un piacevole soggiorno al Marriott Courtyard
Alte Heide - Hirschau, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $85
Maxvorstadt, Munich | 2 star hotelfrom $104
Neuperlach, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $87
Bogenhausen, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $72
Bogenhausen, Munich | 2 star hotelfrom $87