TripAdvisor Reviews Hotel Groenendael Amsterdam
Travel Blogs from Amsterdam
... countryside of North Holland, which is actually similar to what we refer to as states in the US. We met up with the group at around 12:15pm, near Amsterdam Centraal Station, after grabbing a lemon muffin, a coffee and some candy from Jamin to keep us going through the six hour tour.
1st Stop: Zaanse Schans
We arrived in the picturesque windmill village of Zaanse Shans at about 13:00, where we spent about ...
... way back through the city. Clint was rear ended by a cyclist as he didn't hear her bell ringing.
We loved what we saw.
We ate dinner at La Place and got updates on the siege in Sydney.
I had no interest in seeing the red light district, there was enough sadness for today. Clint & Meg passed on it as well.
We made our way back to Central station and we were tucked up in bed in 15 mins.
... for abx and observation; no initial x-ray because of pregnancy; will be interested to hear of progress tomorrow
- after work I nearly barged into a film set in the living room of the B&B; producing an ad for a website
- checked out next week's apartment where I mum and dad will be staying with me - fortunately this one is just outside the red light district!
... whacked me and shouted "NO!" Then proceeded to cry out the window "Duck duck, duck duck" in the most desperate voice you can imagine. A couple of highlights were the narrowest house in Amsterdam (1.5 meters wide!), Anne Franks house, house boats and the maritime museum. That afternoon we strolled through the red light district, famous for its brothels and the women sitting in the windows. It was interesting to me that most of the women we saw were ...
... hundreds of families enjoying the sunshine. It is always great to see the human side of a city with so many children enjoying themselves. We returned by tram and after a rest took the free ferry across to the island over the harbour. We enjoyed a drink at the NewExhibition building and returned for dinner back on this side. We have loved ...
Other places to stay in Amsterdam
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $211
- Stay Away
- Great value and truly very comfortable!
- Club Rooms do the job
Burgwallen-Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $196
- Seemed fine to me
- Underrated and can be good value
- Stay elsewhere
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Zeeburg, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $208
- Still has teething problems
- Very Pleasant
- Not a bad choice..
Buitenveldert-Oost, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- A great choice for my family
- Comfortable and clean - no surprises
- Good Hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $226
- Excellent Hotel, Room, service and Value!
- Stayed 4 times
- Really a 4 star.
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $247
- Good comfort but boring
- Chain Charming
- Request an Apartment Unit
Amsterdam South, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $119
De Pijp, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $225
- Disappointing hotel - not worth 5 stars
- A Very Nice Stay
- Its much better than portrayed
ZuidOost (Business District), Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $155
- A good Business Hotel
- Great service, clean hotel, reasonably priced
- Friendly service
Apollobuurt, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- All the Hilton Perks
- Peace and Quiet
- Everything we expect from Hilton - and more
Amstel, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $105
Amstel, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $106
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $268
- Especially liked the health club!
- Great rate, nice hotel, good location
- The most comfortable bed ever.
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- Our first hotel stay in Amsterdam, it was brilliant!
- Nice hotel but...
- Excellent Location
Sloten en Riekerpolder, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $107
- Not Enough focus on the customers needs
- Nice hotel
- Pleasant room, but all the problems of a new hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $236
- Beautiful, Wonderful Amrath
- Schönes, wundervolles Amrath
- What an experience!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $333
- They treated me like a relative
- Perfect Location - aweful service!
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $235
- We would stay again without a doubt
- Nothing special
- Great Hotel in Good Location!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $172
- Above Average European Hotel
- Not what we expected
- OK, but some problem at the check in time
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $154
- Overrated and Overpriced
- Loved the Eden Hotel
- Ordinary and overpriced
Distelkade 21, (formerly Golden Tulip City North), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $100
Westlandgracht, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $120
Centre, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- Would stay again
- A great stay!
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $177
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City therefore Great Time!
- LOVED IT!!!
- Great hotel
Apollolaan 2, (formerly Le Meridien Apollo), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $220
- Basement Dungeon to Junior Suite
- Good average hotel
- Nice room, mediocre restaurant