TripAdvisor Reviews Hotel Groenendael Amsterdam
Travel Blogs from Amsterdam
... also had an open bar so when we were having a ball at the end of the night. We then went to a typical Amsterdam show and then hung out at a bar. We got into the bar and it was only 6 of us but in another hr the bar was packed ! We danced until 2 am. It was lots of fun! However the next morning wasn't as ...
... we went for dinner and a couple of drinks at an Irish pub, saw a show with the group and then enjoyed a few more drinkies with them all. Gaz and I left at 11am so we could make the last ferry and get a good nights sleep. Tomorrow we have a day exploring Amsterdam - with a cycling tour in the afternoon with the group. Should be some fun! Catch you later Andrea and ...
... chapel that had been established in the attic of an old 17th century house.
We then caught a train to Harlem where we had the immense privilege of participating in a tour of the Ten Boom House. It was incredibly powerful to walk through the house that had only decades earlier, housed Jewish fugitives, orphans and anyone else needing advice, comfort, food or protection both before and during the second world war. The ...
... and only spent half an hour or so here, wasn't really our thing but we did follow Van Goghs life and development as an artist which was interesting. Just next to the Van Gogh museum is the contemporary art museum, Stedelijk museum. At first we weren't too moved by what we saw until we ventured into the Marcel Wanders exhibition which was really interesting and gave a great impression of what design is all about. The weather was still drizzling so we ...
... there would be 2mts to the end of the room and the en-suite is lucky to be 2x1.5mts. The one good thing is the beds feel wonderful. We didn't even get tea/coffee making facilities until we asked, and now have a kettle, 2 cups and a spoon. Lucky we have a few goodies stock piled from previous places and also bought a small jar of coffee and some tea bags in Paris on Friday. Just need to attach the photos and then off for a life changing ...
Other places to stay in Amsterdam
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $211
- Stay Away
- Great value and truly very comfortable!
- Club Rooms do the job
Burgwallen-Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $196
- Seemed fine to me
- Underrated and can be good value
- Stay elsewhere
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Zeeburg, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $208
- Still has teething problems
- Very Pleasant
- Not a bad choice..
Buitenveldert-Oost, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- A great choice for my family
- Comfortable and clean - no surprises
- Good Hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $226
- Excellent Hotel, Room, service and Value!
- Stayed 4 times
- Really a 4 star.
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $247
- Good comfort but boring
- Chain Charming
- Request an Apartment Unit
Amsterdam South, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $119
De Pijp, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $225
- Disappointing hotel - not worth 5 stars
- A Very Nice Stay
- Its much better than portrayed
ZuidOost (Business District), Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $155
- A good Business Hotel
- Great service, clean hotel, reasonably priced
- Friendly service
Apollobuurt, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- All the Hilton Perks
- Peace and Quiet
- Everything we expect from Hilton - and more
Amstel, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $105
Amstel, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $106
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $268
- Especially liked the health club!
- Great rate, nice hotel, good location
- The most comfortable bed ever.
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- Our first hotel stay in Amsterdam, it was brilliant!
- Nice hotel but...
- Excellent Location
Sloten en Riekerpolder, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $107
- Not Enough focus on the customers needs
- Nice hotel
- Pleasant room, but all the problems of a new hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $236
- Beautiful, Wonderful Amrath
- Schönes, wundervolles Amrath
- What an experience!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $333
- They treated me like a relative
- Perfect Location - aweful service!
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $235
- We would stay again without a doubt
- Nothing special
- Great Hotel in Good Location!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $172
- Above Average European Hotel
- Not what we expected
- OK, but some problem at the check in time
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $154
- Overrated and Overpriced
- Loved the Eden Hotel
- Ordinary and overpriced
Distelkade 21, (formerly Golden Tulip City North), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $100
Westlandgracht, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $120
Centre, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- Would stay again
- A great stay!
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $177
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City therefore Great Time!
- LOVED IT!!!
- Great hotel
Apollolaan 2, (formerly Le Meridien Apollo), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $220
- Basement Dungeon to Junior Suite
- Good average hotel
- Nice room, mediocre restaurant