TripAdvisor Reviews Hotel Groenendael Amsterdam
Travel Blogs from Amsterdam
... and lemurs roaming free on an island that you could walk on and have them come right up to you - and the fattest meerkats I have ever seen! Caught a tram back into the centre of town and went to the Tulip Museum. We visited this last time we were in Amsterdam (August 2005) and it had been upgraded and improved quite a bit. Still interesting to see the history, but also interesting to see what the industry does these days. Lunch in a bar/cafe where they were visited by a couple ...
... taste testing. Chelsea was chosen as an assistant and given extra cheese to taste. Great demo and then we looked around the store for a while. By this time it was about 5.00pm and we were given an hour of free time at Volendam. We spent about half of this time looking through the shops and the rest getting some fish and chips for dinner at a little restaurant there. Really nice food! We went back on the bus about 5.30 and returned to Amsterdam Central at ...
First time in the medical facility on the airport and I have to say- very impressed with the service. Reason for this visit- nothing massive- during landing my sinus decided to protest against the pressure in the cabin and flying all together. Result- huge headache, bit swollen forehead etc. And since we have two more flights ahead of us- I decided to quickly check if I'm ok to fly. Armed with allergy pills and spray- I'm ...
... back to my hostel and called it a day since it was already about 9pm by that point and I hadn't gotten much sleep because of the pub crawl before!
The next day I got up kind of late and wandered to the public library, which I was told had a pretty decent view of Amsterdam (and it did!). I also managed to play a piano there for a bit in the main lobby which was nice and relaxing. After that I wandered a bit and ...
We are off on our travels again, after a busy but happy few weeks at home, in Bury. As you will see, we are not in Africa, as planned, but have taken the easier option of inter-railing around Europe. So, without further ado, let me tell you about our first stop, Amsterdam.
Unlike most of the Brits here, we did not come to Amsterdam to sample the delights of the special cafes around the city (or the delights of the Red Light District) but we hope you will find ...
Other places to stay in Amsterdam
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $211
- Stay Away
- Great value and truly very comfortable!
- Club Rooms do the job
Burgwallen-Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $196
- Seemed fine to me
- Underrated and can be good value
- Stay elsewhere
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Zeeburg, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $208
- Still has teething problems
- Very Pleasant
- Not a bad choice..
Buitenveldert-Oost, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- A great choice for my family
- Comfortable and clean - no surprises
- Good Hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $226
- Excellent Hotel, Room, service and Value!
- Stayed 4 times
- Really a 4 star.
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $247
- Good comfort but boring
- Chain Charming
- Request an Apartment Unit
Amsterdam South, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $119
De Pijp, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $225
- Disappointing hotel - not worth 5 stars
- A Very Nice Stay
- Its much better than portrayed
ZuidOost (Business District), Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $155
- A good Business Hotel
- Great service, clean hotel, reasonably priced
- Friendly service
Apollobuurt, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- All the Hilton Perks
- Peace and Quiet
- Everything we expect from Hilton - and more
Amstel, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $105
Amstel, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $106
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $268
- Especially liked the health club!
- Great rate, nice hotel, good location
- The most comfortable bed ever.
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- Our first hotel stay in Amsterdam, it was brilliant!
- Nice hotel but...
- Excellent Location
Sloten en Riekerpolder, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $107
- Not Enough focus on the customers needs
- Nice hotel
- Pleasant room, but all the problems of a new hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $236
- Beautiful, Wonderful Amrath
- Schönes, wundervolles Amrath
- What an experience!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $333
- They treated me like a relative
- Perfect Location - aweful service!
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $235
- We would stay again without a doubt
- Nothing special
- Great Hotel in Good Location!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $172
- Above Average European Hotel
- Not what we expected
- OK, but some problem at the check in time
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $154
- Overrated and Overpriced
- Loved the Eden Hotel
- Ordinary and overpriced
Distelkade 21, (formerly Golden Tulip City North), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $100
Westlandgracht, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $120
Centre, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- Would stay again
- A great stay!
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $177
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City therefore Great Time!
- LOVED IT!!!
- Great hotel
Apollolaan 2, (formerly Le Meridien Apollo), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $220
- Basement Dungeon to Junior Suite
- Good average hotel
- Nice room, mediocre restaurant