TripAdvisor Reviews Hotel Groenendael Amsterdam
Travel Blogs from Amsterdam
... We then went to Hard Rock Cafe for lunch. We sat inside overlooking the canal. This day happened to be Gay Pride Parade day so we saw a few interesting boats travel by during our lunch. We walked through the city to see sights and got caught in a few rain showers before we arrived at the Anne Frank House in the Old Town. We waited in line for 45 minutes, but this ...
... day of sightseeing. We fueled up with breakfast at a nearby cafe, then bought tickets for an all day, hop-on-hop-off city tour, but from a canal boat. So much fun and an awesome way to cover a lot of ground without a car. We checked out the lively Leidseplein area for some shopping, watching street performers and getting a quick lunch. Next we browsed through a popular flea market at Waterloopein, then spent some time in the city center, Dam Square ...
... I was imagining Liam with this kind of disability and dreading it, especially with the discomfort he was in before touching down.
But no, he's fine and dandy. Meanwhile, if anyone is walking on my left hand side, I can't hear a syllable unless it is yelled. Greeeeeeeeeeat, I'll probably be half-deaf now until London!
It took seconds after landing for all 4 of us to feel calmed and in a decent order. We were off the plane in record time, ...
... but still extremely important!
After the Anne Frank house I decided that I had had enough. Larry was going to meet a friend in Amsterdam for a drink and I needed a nap. So Jess and I shot to the supermarket for a snack and then went back to the hostel for a good afternoon recovery session (Jess snatched up one of the spare beds- so handy!)
Oh I need to add that Claire and Kristy didn't even make it out of the ...
... hid for two years at the back of the building in what they called the secret annex. In the final year of the war the family were betrayed, and the Nazi’s captured them and sent them to concentration camps. Otto Frank was the only survivor of the family, and the name of the betrayer is still unknown. Anne had a dairy, which she received for her 13th birthday. Whilst in hiding she wrote in her diary almost every day, discussing her ...
Other places to stay in Amsterdam
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $211
- Stay Away
- Great value and truly very comfortable!
- Club Rooms do the job
Burgwallen-Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $196
- Seemed fine to me
- Underrated and can be good value
- Stay elsewhere
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Zeeburg, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $208
- Still has teething problems
- Very Pleasant
- Not a bad choice..
Buitenveldert-Oost, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- A great choice for my family
- Comfortable and clean - no surprises
- Good Hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $226
- Excellent Hotel, Room, service and Value!
- Stayed 4 times
- Really a 4 star.
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $247
- Good comfort but boring
- Chain Charming
- Request an Apartment Unit
Amsterdam South, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $119
De Pijp, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $225
- Disappointing hotel - not worth 5 stars
- A Very Nice Stay
- Its much better than portrayed
ZuidOost (Business District), Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $155
- A good Business Hotel
- Great service, clean hotel, reasonably priced
- Friendly service
Apollobuurt, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- All the Hilton Perks
- Peace and Quiet
- Everything we expect from Hilton - and more
Amstel, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $105
Amstel, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $106
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $268
- Especially liked the health club!
- Great rate, nice hotel, good location
- The most comfortable bed ever.
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- Our first hotel stay in Amsterdam, it was brilliant!
- Nice hotel but...
- Excellent Location
Sloten en Riekerpolder, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $107
- Not Enough focus on the customers needs
- Nice hotel
- Pleasant room, but all the problems of a new hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $236
- Beautiful, Wonderful Amrath
- Schönes, wundervolles Amrath
- What an experience!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $333
- They treated me like a relative
- Perfect Location - aweful service!
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $235
- We would stay again without a doubt
- Nothing special
- Great Hotel in Good Location!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $172
- Above Average European Hotel
- Not what we expected
- OK, but some problem at the check in time
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $154
- Overrated and Overpriced
- Loved the Eden Hotel
- Ordinary and overpriced
Distelkade 21, (formerly Golden Tulip City North), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $100
Westlandgracht, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $120
Centre, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- Would stay again
- A great stay!
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $177
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City therefore Great Time!
- LOVED IT!!!
- Great hotel
Apollolaan 2, (formerly Le Meridien Apollo), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $220
- Basement Dungeon to Junior Suite
- Good average hotel
- Nice room, mediocre restaurant