TripAdvisor Reviews Hotel Groenendael Amsterdam
Travel Blogs from Amsterdam
... is his trip to Europe where he was able to do anything touristy. He was much more impressed with the churches and palace than I was. To understand, go back through my photos of England and compare them to the church and palace photos from today. The Dutch churches are very plain on the inside (perhaps it has to with the pact they are Calvinist). If you compare them to the Catholic churches in Italy and France or the ornate cathedrals in England, the ...
... wore a star, If she did, the soldiers were going to take her away and kill her. She was to tell that her home had been bombed. They called the people that she stayed with aunt and uncle. Maud took care if her sister for 3 years at this family's house. They could not go outside because someone may know that they were Jews.
Maud was taken to the barn, moved some wood and there was a trap door. Under the trap door ...
... and I went home to meet up with our roommates before we went out for the game. It was a disappointing loss, but a fun night!
My class went to the UN this morning to hear a presentation from UN Women and how they are combating gender inequality, violence against women, and human trafficking. The building was super cool, it was just built last year and has a moat around it as a sustainable measure of security. Also, the stairs ...
... s the only time I’ve
been caught in the rain for this whole journey! That called for a pause for tea and apple cake
at the museum café, and by then, it was 4pm and my late afternoon museum strategy
worked perfectly. There was no lineup, and the museum was relatively quiet. The best part of the Rijksmuseum is the Grand Gallery, filled with paintings by the Dutch Old Masters - Rembrandt, ...
... and trams zooming all around kept us on our toes. After the stress of attempting to cross one street after another I saw a Herring stand. In my book I had read how this is a specialty and famous in the area naturally I had to try some. Well I was imagining some dried little fish almost chip like, boy was I surprised to receive this basically raw slab of fish bigger than my hand with some onions and pickles on top! I was so in shock Linda and I were speaking a mix ...
Other places to stay in Amsterdam
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $211
- Stay Away
- Great value and truly very comfortable!
- Club Rooms do the job
Burgwallen-Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $196
- Seemed fine to me
- Underrated and can be good value
- Stay elsewhere
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Zeeburg, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $208
- Still has teething problems
- Very Pleasant
- Not a bad choice..
Buitenveldert-Oost, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- A great choice for my family
- Comfortable and clean - no surprises
- Good Hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $226
- Excellent Hotel, Room, service and Value!
- Stayed 4 times
- Really a 4 star.
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $247
- Good comfort but boring
- Chain Charming
- Request an Apartment Unit
Amsterdam South, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $119
De Pijp, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $225
- Disappointing hotel - not worth 5 stars
- A Very Nice Stay
- Its much better than portrayed
ZuidOost (Business District), Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $155
- A good Business Hotel
- Great service, clean hotel, reasonably priced
- Friendly service
Apollobuurt, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- All the Hilton Perks
- Peace and Quiet
- Everything we expect from Hilton - and more
Amstel, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $105
Amstel, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $106
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $268
- Especially liked the health club!
- Great rate, nice hotel, good location
- The most comfortable bed ever.
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- Our first hotel stay in Amsterdam, it was brilliant!
- Nice hotel but...
- Excellent Location
Sloten en Riekerpolder, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $107
- Not Enough focus on the customers needs
- Nice hotel
- Pleasant room, but all the problems of a new hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $236
- Beautiful, Wonderful Amrath
- Schönes, wundervolles Amrath
- What an experience!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $333
- They treated me like a relative
- Perfect Location - aweful service!
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $235
- We would stay again without a doubt
- Nothing special
- Great Hotel in Good Location!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $172
- Above Average European Hotel
- Not what we expected
- OK, but some problem at the check in time
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $154
- Overrated and Overpriced
- Loved the Eden Hotel
- Ordinary and overpriced
Distelkade 21, (formerly Golden Tulip City North), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $100
Westlandgracht, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $120
Centre, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- Would stay again
- A great stay!
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $177
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City therefore Great Time!
- LOVED IT!!!
- Great hotel
Apollolaan 2, (formerly Le Meridien Apollo), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $220
- Basement Dungeon to Junior Suite
- Good average hotel
- Nice room, mediocre restaurant