TripAdvisor Reviews Hotel Galim Tel Aviv
Travel Blogs from Tel Aviv
... of the most notable sites of the Holocaust, including Auschwitz-Birkenau and the Warsaw Ghetto. What an incredible journey for them to make and to be able to understand their own history by walking through it; it brings me peace to know so many people are doing many things to continue the education and remembrance of this tragic period. I could tell it had such a profound impact on her as well. It's impressive to see such a young ...
... hill-top. One follows a defined zig-zag path through the building, and the whole thing starts off quite gently, describing the early days of the Nazi party, and the increasing restrictions imposed on the Jews through the 1930s. Then it's the start of the Second World War, the creation of the various ghettos, the first concentration camps and so on. It then deals with the annihilation of increasing numbers, and with all the other atrocities ...
... After these sites, we went to the shuk (market) in Akko where teens engaged with shuk vendors with questions designed to help them see a different side of Israel. After some shopping time in the shuk, we returned to the hostel for lunch. Following lunch, we ventured north of Akko to Rosh Hanikra, a series of beautiful caverns that overlook the Mediteranean Sea on Israel's northern border. We took a scenic cable car ride down to the caverns ...
... discussing the wall, the guide said that it was put up to stop suicide bombings, but that it was working well. While they acknowledge that it works to save lives, Palestinians want it torn down anyway. On one point, I strongly agree with the guide- for there to be peace, people need to know and accept each other instead of building walls that separate. The current generation of Palestinian kids thinks "soldier" and "checkpoint" when they think of Israelis, because ...
... She was so excited for us to be in her home. She prepared her favorite Arab food--fava beans cooked in garlic and olive oil, 2 types of humus, several cheeses, lunch meats, and of course baklava for dessert. We had juice to drink with lunch, then turkish coffee after lunch. I guess it wasn't all Arab food. (I have learned that "Arab" is not a nasty word. Intellectually I know they aren't all ...
Other places to stay in Tel Aviv
12 Kaufman Street, Tel Aviv | 5 star hotelfrom $258
- A good standard in Tel Aviv
- Great Hotel
- Good hotel close to Jaffo and Tel Aviv center
Independence Park, Tel Aviv | 5 star hotelfrom $359
- Ne vaut certainement pas 5 étoiles
- Très bel hôtel, mauvais service.
- Very Impressed
121 Hayarkon Street, Tel Aviv | 3 star hotelfrom $251
- Not that great, but professionally managed and good location.
- Wonderful service and Staff
- Great Location; Good Service; Good Rooms
115 Hayarkon Street, Tel Aviv | 5 star hotelfrom $269
- Like a 1980's Holiday Inn in Iowa
- Ask for rooms above Floor 13
- A nice hotel
10 Eli'ezer Peri Street, Tel Aviv | 5 star hotelfrom $289
- Laisse à désirer
- Horrible, horrible place
- Good hotel. Nice rooms.
145 Hayarkon Street , Tel Aviv | 4 star hotelfrom $214
- Typical hotel stay in Tel Aviv
- Ein typisches Hotel in Tel Aviv
- Soggiorno tipico in un hotel di Tel Aviv
155 Hayarkon Street, Tel Aviv | 4 star hotelfrom $236
- Are those who give rave reviews hotel employees or owners?
- Very Very Bad
- Not good
Charles Clore Park, Tel Aviv | 4 star hotelfrom $252
- Guter Preis, gute Lage, gutes Hotel
- Gut für Geschäftsreisende
- Good for business travelers
15 Trumpeldor St, Tel Aviv | 3 star hotelfrom $174
- Very good value and good service
- Fantastic Value
- Good location, worth it if you get a good rate
250 Hayarkon Street, Tel Aviv | 3 star hotelfrom $155
99 Ha - Yarkon Street , Tel Aviv | 5 star hotelfrom $335
- Nice hotel but very dated
- Wonderful Stay
- Not even close to 5 stars.
79 Ha - Yarkon Street, Tel Aviv | 3 star hotelfrom $223
- Best Hotel for a Reasonable Price
- Overall very positive experience
- The Yamit rocks
167 Hayarkon Street, Tel Aviv | 2 star hotelfrom $160
9 Mapu St, Tel Aviv | 3 star hotelfrom $151
- Sauber, günstig und zentral
- Clean, Inexpensive and central
- Pulito, economico e centrale
287 Hayarkon , Tel Aviv | 3 star hotelfrom $194
156 Hayarkon street, Tel Aviv | 4 star hotelfrom $151
14 Ben Yehuda Street, Tel Aviv | 3 star hotelfrom $160
78 Hayarkon St., Tel Aviv | 4 star hotelfrom $214
136 Menachem Road, Tel Aviv | 5 star hotelfrom $178
1 Zamenhof Street, Tel Aviv | 3 star hotelfrom $196
- Charakteristisches, kleines Hotel
- Distinctive small hotel
- Great place for twenty-somethings, but for the rest of us...
17 Habarzel St, Tel Aviv | 5 star hotelfrom $153
HaYarkon 220, Tel Aviv | 3 star hotelfrom $217
2 Zamenhof, Tel Aviv | 3 star hotelfrom $171
87 Ben Yehuda Street , Tel Aviv | 1 star hotelfrom $137
6 Ness Tsiyona, Tel Aviv | 3 star hotelfrom $151
14 Weizman, Tel Aviv | 4 star hotelfrom $194