Travel Blogs from Athens
... take a photo!
Dinner last night was at the same restaurant we're at today, Aroma (not to be confused with Aroma Café in Perth or on campus!) and which I have also had the most enormous piece of chocolate cake served in an ocean of chocolate sauce syrup.
In the photo you can also see the backgammon/chess board that was a joint purchase between Andrew and Bronte. The concentration at the table was fierce ��
We arrived in Chania (pronounced Harn-ya) on Saturday. Despite initially thinking otherwise, we hired a car to drive from Zaros to Chania; wheeling all our luggage (65kg) 1.5km to get to the bus stop in Zaros at 6am was too hard!
The roads from Zaros to Chania look, on the map, like scribble drawn by a 3 year old. It could ...
... archaeologists can tell what used to be where. He said that a lot of what we know and use today the Greeks invented right there in Athens and that the only aspect that has really changed is technology. We were able to stand where the ancient stoa once stood which was built as early as 500 B.C.and also on the grounds where many famous philosophers spoke their theories. We ended our special tour with Dr. Camp taking us to the ...
... that I refuse to buy tacky tourist souvenirs such as plastic busts of famous greeks or keychains and t-shirts. Amorgos has the souvenirs people actually want to receive.
International Phone Card
I've always been a bit intimidated by trying to figure out how to use these things so let me break it down step by step.
1. To see the pin number, scratch off the covering like a ...
It is a Sunday in Chania, Crete, and it is easy to tell. There are more families in Old Town than there are tourists and it is a wonderful thing. I have nothing against tourists—I am one—but seeing the local population out, strolling, enjoying and laughing is uplifting.
Crete is a large island at the southern edge of the Sea of Crete and the northern edge of the Libyan Sea. Chania, Crete's second largest town, ...
Other places to stay in Athens
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $118
- Awful Service, Average Hotel
- Great base for Athens
Neos Kosmos, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $130
- Wonderful Hotel - an oasis of calm compared to the heat and chaos of the city
- Very Nice Place
- The most immaculate hotel ever
1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $123
- Best in Athens
- One word: Superb
????? 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $74
- Horrible rooms and breakfast
- Good location, Small clean rooms
- Nice Value
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $76
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $130
- Nice, but......
- AWESOME stay
- Location, location, location
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $323
- Rich Opulence Details
- The Absolute Best!
Παλαιού Φαλήρου, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $115
- A Cruise/Conference Hotel
- Big Hotel
- Good Hotel, Nice breakfast and toiletteries
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $159
- This hotel is super, and I know what I talk about
- Greco Imperial OK, No local flavor
- Dissapointed-definetely not a 5 star hotel.
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $67
- Convenient location next to the Metro
- Want a rooftop pool in Athens?
- Great place to stay
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $119
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $118
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $80
- Enjoyed the stay
- Great Rooftop Pool
- Una maravilla de piscina
Makriyanni, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $104
- 3 blocks from acropolis--great location
- Best Part of this hotel was the bartender, Fotis
- Close to Acropolis, but average hotel
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $91
Kolonaki, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $111
- Would not stay here again
- Oh what a hill...
- Good location in Athens, nice 4/5* hotel
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $160
- Enjoyed my stay....
- Quite Impressed! Really Enjoyed Our Stay
- There is no rooftop pool!!
Αθήνα 6, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $46
Omonia Square, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $48
- Arachnophopbes beware
- Was very pleasantly surprised
- Dorian was good
Omonia Square, Athens | 3 star hotelfrom $48
Syntagma Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Terrible Hotel
- The Worst Customer Service EVER!
- No es un cinco estrellas
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $102
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $154
- Excellant hotel
- Great Value and Wonderful Location
- Incredibly Perfect Location - Luxurious & Fun
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $49
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $95
- Loved this Hip Hotel
- Fresh attitude
- Great for the price