Travel Blogs from Athens
Today is our day at sea spending it leisurely reading, walking a couple of laps around the ship, having lunch and enjoying the ambience of being on our balcony. The boys bought a bottle of 16 yr old Scotch on board ship at a very good price so that will be the start of their happy hour ...
... food was lovely and all local and freshly made. I had a mushroom pie, with local mushrooms and cream cheese made by the village shepherds. It was delicious. The owner of the restaurant told us that in 1942 this village was used to hide British and New Zealand soldiers from the Germans. They hid in the local caves. Any villagers found helping them were ...
... of swimming we went back to the soft sand. Jacob buried my legs and gave me a mermaid tail made of sand. The boat journey back to port was about an hour. We sat out on the top deck and ate ice creams. On the way back to the villa we took a detour into Chania, a big city, to find a restaurant. The old town had really, really narrow streets and lots of dead ends. Mum did not like driving there! We found a nice restaurant on the harbour front and had a good ...
I went to see the glorius Temple of Hephaestus, the god of blacksmith. The greek's greatly appreciated this god, with the Greek army back in the ancient times; they were huge. The Greeks were the ones to come up with a Democracy, so the Greek Hoplites ...
For our first day here we drove to Rethymon, a town along the coast. We parked near a large fort overlooking the sea. Then we walked into town and saw the harbour with a lighthouse. We had a lunch at a fantastic restaurant and tried Cretan pies, which have feta cheese, sundried tomatoes and mint in. They were delicious ...
Other places to stay in Athens
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $106
- Awful Service, Average Hotel
- Great base for Athens
Neos Kosmos, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $139
- Wonderful Hotel - an oasis of calm compared to the heat and chaos of the city
- Very Nice Place
- The most immaculate hotel ever
1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $163
- Best in Athens
- One word: Superb
????? 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Horrible rooms and breakfast
- Good location, Small clean rooms
- Nice Value
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $81
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $125
- Nice, but......
- AWESOME stay
- Location, location, location
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $385
- Rich Opulence Details
- The Absolute Best!
Παλαιού Φαλήρου, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $103
- A Cruise/Conference Hotel
- Big Hotel
- Good Hotel, Nice breakfast and toiletteries
Circle - IX, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $12
- This hotel is super, and I know what I talk about
- Greco Imperial OK, No local flavor
- Dissapointed-definetely not a 5 star hotel.
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $87
- Convenient location next to the Metro
- Want a rooftop pool in Athens?
- Great place to stay
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $114
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $127
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $92
- Enjoyed the stay
- Great Rooftop Pool
- Una maravilla de piscina
Makriyanni, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $106
- 3 blocks from acropolis--great location
- Best Part of this hotel was the bartender, Fotis
- Close to Acropolis, but average hotel
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $104
Kolonaki, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Would not stay here again
- Oh what a hill...
- Good location in Athens, nice 4/5* hotel
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- Enjoyed my stay....
- Quite Impressed! Really Enjoyed Our Stay
- There is no rooftop pool!!
Αθήνα 6, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $46
Omonia Square, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $68
- Arachnophopbes beware
- Was very pleasantly surprised
- Dorian was good
Omonia Square, Athens | 3 star hotelfrom $52
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $93
- Terrible Hotel
- The Worst Customer Service EVER!
- No es un cinco estrellas
Syntagma Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $134
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $116
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $166
- Excellant hotel
- Great Value and Wonderful Location
- Incredibly Perfect Location - Luxurious & Fun
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $53
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $124
- Loved this Hip Hotel
- Fresh attitude
- Great for the price