Travel Blogs from Copenhagen
... in its history and all have inevitably ended up in half the city burning down!! Incidentally the oldest amusement park in the world is also in Denmark, in a town called Bakken. This was opened in 1583 as a place to get good quality clear water and pet a few deer. Today Bakken is home to 6 roller coaster and a host of other rides.
Despite the average tax in Denmark being 49%, the welfare system really knows how to look after its citizens. When ...
... and Manet exhibit at an art museum, had some really good pizza, sampled some chocolate, and took the metro home. It was a really fun day! We walked about 8 miles, saw lots, and just generally enjoyed each other's company. When we got back to the house, we just kindof chilled out for a while. Demi went to meet up with a friend, so we got to so and some good time with Livie. She's 14, and wants to go to high school in America because she's seen a lot ...
... Gardens through the main entrance until one hour after closing.
Seasons 2014Summer: 10 April - 21 September
Halloween: 10 October - 2 November
Christmas: 15 November - 4 January**Note: Season passes for 2014 are only valid until ...
... boat for a tour of the city from the water. A dutch man had quite an influence on the design of the city man years ago so many canals reflecting those in the Netherlands were built. The canals were originally important for trade and the transport of food. Now they give the city a wonderful character and a great attraction for tourists. We saw the many palaces and cathedrals from the water plus the ...
... not to take the tour as we had done numerous beer tours in other places. There were some nice architectural details though.
The entrance gates.
Other places to stay in Copenhagen
Nyrops, Copenhagen | 5 star hotelfrom $223
- Great location but some improvements required
- Couldn't ask for better
Mejlgårdens, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $174
Frederiksstaden, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $161
Fisketorvets, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $161
- Terrible service at the Copenhagen Island Hotel
- Best shower, worst service
- Could do a lot better!
Christianshavn, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $145
- Overpriced middle class hotel
- Great breakfast, flash gym equipment but smallish rooms and very expensive
- Do not under any circumstance stay here
Abel Cathrines, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $171
- Great Location
- Need look no further a Gem of a Hotel
- Excellent Hotel, Excellent Service
Tivolis, Copenhagen | 2 star hotelfrom $117
- Great they have got it right
- Too uncomfortable for me
Nyrops, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $193
- Very good hotel in a convenient central location
- Not even up to Scandic Standards
- Not worth it.
Frederiksstaden, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $206
- Fantastic - highly recommended
- Great staff, fab for foodies!
- City Break
Indre By, Copenhagen | 5 star hotelfrom $272
- Lovely hotel
Tivolis, Copenhagen | 5 star hotelfrom $300
- Excellent Stay
- Great Hotel
- Great Hotel - Not just a guest factory
Reventlows, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $127
- A stroll from the central train station
- For train travellers
- Ein sch÷ner Ort zum ▄bernachten
Indre By, Copenhagen | 5 star hotelfrom $217
- Worst Hotel in Europe
- Una pÚsima experiencia
- Sleep on a park bench, instead of staying here!!!
Sydhavnens, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $144
Vesterbro - Kongens Enghave, Copenhagen | 2 star hotelfrom $114
Nyrops, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Modern Hotel in a Good Location
- Stylish Scandinavian
- Hip to be Square!
Helgolands, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $169
Kalvebodernes, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $162
- Excellent Hotel!!
- Excellent Location
- Perfect for a short break in copenhagen
Backers, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $157
Vesterbro - Kongens Enghave, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $114
Helgolands, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $104
- Pleasant hotel - very central
- Business Class Wannabe
- Very, Good and Central
Gammelholms, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $160
- Nice quiet hotel on the perfect spot
- Avoid this one!
Indre By, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $125
Nyrops, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Lovely Hotel
- Great Location if you want to be able to walk to everything
- Generally positive experience!
Nyrops, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $154
- Insgesamt ein gro▀artiges Erlebnis
- Overall great experience
- Not convinced