Travel Blogs from Copenhagen
... Europe to Western Europe, they've doubled again with the move up to Scandanavia. It's a good thing I'm only here two nights. This is why we drank in the park this evening. Third, there are 7 Eleven's everywhere. At some point I'm getting a slushie and pretending I'm in Sydney. Or America. Or anywhere else they have 7 Eleven's. Fourth, it's definitely a beautiful city. It's got that lakeside feel, even though it's ...
... The restaurant was fine, although their cocktail menu could have been from Anywhere, Europe or USA. We asked if they had any classically Danish cocktails, and the waitress said, in essence, "Er, no." Apparently Denmark does not have a signature cocktail, which is a shame. The food was pleasant enough, if not revolutionary, and Paloma had a great time people watching.
Our first full day in Denmark was a rousing success!
... kept repeating "Where shall we drop Lauren off", "Where is Lauren living", "So Lauren, I will miss you," and finally "Lauren, see you in April!" (April not May because I will be meeting Mom Dad and Nick in Munich, Germany over April School Vacation). So to end, Mom Dad and Nick, thank- you for coming to Denmark with me while carrying all my extra suitcase and putting up with grumpy Lauren at sometimes! I miss you guys already! *Stay tuned ...
... oresund, the sea between Denmark and Sweden 4) Denmark and Sweden used to have a lot of wars. They stopped when Germany became a bigger problem 5) the Danish king responsible for uniting Denmark was called Harald Bluetooth, and he is who Siemens (the phone company, remember them) named bluetooth after Our guide, Daniel, is was an Aussie bloke from Port Fairy. He explained some of the intricacies of the danish language to us Married in danish is gift Poison in ...
Copenhagen's largest shopping area is centered along the Str°get in the heart of the city, just around the corner from our hotel! This is one of Europe's longest pedestrian streets with a wealth of ...
Other places to stay in Copenhagen
Nyrops, Copenhagen | 5 star hotelfrom $223
- Great location but some improvements required
- Couldn't ask for better
Mejlgårdens, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $174
Frederiksstaden, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $161
Fisketorvets, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $161
- Terrible service at the Copenhagen Island Hotel
- Best shower, worst service
- Could do a lot better!
Christianshavn, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $145
- Overpriced middle class hotel
- Great breakfast, flash gym equipment but smallish rooms and very expensive
- Do not under any circumstance stay here
Abel Cathrines, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $171
- Great Location
- Need look no further a Gem of a Hotel
- Excellent Hotel, Excellent Service
Tivolis, Copenhagen | 2 star hotelfrom $117
- Great they have got it right
- Too uncomfortable for me
Nyrops, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $193
- Very good hotel in a convenient central location
- Not even up to Scandic Standards
- Not worth it.
Frederiksstaden, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $206
- Fantastic - highly recommended
- Great staff, fab for foodies!
- City Break
Indre By, Copenhagen | 5 star hotelfrom $272
- Lovely hotel
Tivolis, Copenhagen | 5 star hotelfrom $300
- Excellent Stay
- Great Hotel
- Great Hotel - Not just a guest factory
Reventlows, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $127
- A stroll from the central train station
- For train travellers
- Ein sch÷ner Ort zum ▄bernachten
Indre By, Copenhagen | 5 star hotelfrom $217
- Worst Hotel in Europe
- Una pÚsima experiencia
- Sleep on a park bench, instead of staying here!!!
Sydhavnens, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $144
Vesterbro - Kongens Enghave, Copenhagen | 2 star hotelfrom $114
Nyrops, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Modern Hotel in a Good Location
- Stylish Scandinavian
- Hip to be Square!
Helgolands, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $169
Kalvebodernes, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $162
- Excellent Hotel!!
- Excellent Location
- Perfect for a short break in copenhagen
Backers, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $157
Vesterbro - Kongens Enghave, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $114
Helgolands, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $104
- Pleasant hotel - very central
- Business Class Wannabe
- Very, Good and Central
Gammelholms, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $160
- Nice quiet hotel on the perfect spot
- Avoid this one!
Indre By, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $125
Nyrops, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Lovely Hotel
- Great Location if you want to be able to walk to everything
- Generally positive experience!
Nyrops, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $154
- Insgesamt ein gro▀artiges Erlebnis
- Overall great experience
- Not convinced