Travel Blogs from Copenhagen
... cobblestones! Beautiful to look at but diabolical on the feet!! I have blisters on my toes reminiscent of my ballet classes point-work days!! But it's been worth every minute to see all the sights. I've been privileged to experience a traditional Danish breakfast of a boiled egg, followed by cured meats and cheeses and then muesli, fresh blueberries and skyr (Danish yogurt which is to die for). Tummies filled to bursting we have set off each day ambling through ...
... br> in the 1600's. Sailors used to go to the bars there to drink. It is
now a very touristy area. The sailors would not be able to afford to
drink there now. There are sidewalk cafes that line the canal.
are bikes everywhere. Mitch read that 40% of the people here ride
bikes. Bike parking is pretty easy and it would be difficult with a
... to come down and people alternate between leaving and coming into the alley for relief. Eventually, begins to subside a bit and I decide I should really get my raincoat, so navigate out back along the Stroget to the hotel, which is only about a mile or so. Grab my raincoat, of course at this point it is not raining, but you can never be too safe. Retrace my steps along the Stroget taking detours throughout to just explore, and after a whiley end up at Nyhavn, ...
... Museum, where I spent the remainder of the afternoon going through the exhibits. The museum detailed the history of Denmark from prehistoric times to the modern day and housed a wide range of artifacts from the various time periods. Afterwards, I spent some time wandering the streets and tried get my bearings for further explanation. European cities tend to be fairly interesting to explore on foot and there are pedestrian only streets you can ...
... is also found in Germany and England, but with domestic kings, Arthur and Frederick Barbarossa. The casements were dark, damp and cool, but fun, and torches were needed! Vicki did say later we could have just used the torch on our phones! Eventually we were back in the light, and heat, and after a quick walk to the sea front bastion and a photo with a carving of the bard we headed out, stopping for a much needed lunch and cool drink in the castle cafe. We drove to the ...
Other places to stay in Copenhagen
Nyrops, Copenhagen | 5 star hotelfrom $223
- Great location but some improvements required
- Couldn't ask for better
Mejlgårdens, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $174
Frederiksstaden, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $161
Fisketorvets, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $161
- Terrible service at the Copenhagen Island Hotel
- Best shower, worst service
- Could do a lot better!
Christianshavn, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $145
- Overpriced middle class hotel
- Great breakfast, flash gym equipment but smallish rooms and very expensive
- Do not under any circumstance stay here
Nyrops, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $193
- Very good hotel in a convenient central location
- Not even up to Scandic Standards
- Not worth it.
Tivolis, Copenhagen | 2 star hotelfrom $117
- Great they have got it right
- Too uncomfortable for me
Abel Cathrines, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $171
- Great Location
- Need look no further a Gem of a Hotel
- Excellent Hotel, Excellent Service
Frederiksstaden, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $206
- Fantastic - highly recommended
- Great staff, fab for foodies!
- City Break
Indre By, Copenhagen | 5 star hotelfrom $272
- Lovely hotel
Tivolis, Copenhagen | 5 star hotelfrom $300
- Excellent Stay
- Great Hotel
- Great Hotel - Not just a guest factory
Reventlows, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $127
- A stroll from the central train station
- For train travellers
- Ein sch÷ner Ort zum ▄bernachten
Indre By, Copenhagen | 5 star hotelfrom $217
- Worst Hotel in Europe
- Una pÚsima experiencia
- Sleep on a park bench, instead of staying here!!!
Sydhavnens, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $144
Vesterbro - Kongens Enghave, Copenhagen | 2 star hotelfrom $114
Nyrops, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Modern Hotel in a Good Location
- Stylish Scandinavian
- Hip to be Square!
Helgolands, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $169
Kalvebodernes, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $162
- Excellent Hotel!!
- Excellent Location
- Perfect for a short break in copenhagen
Backers, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $157
Vesterbro - Kongens Enghave, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $114
Helgolands, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $104
- Pleasant hotel - very central
- Business Class Wannabe
- Very, Good and Central
Gammelholms, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $160
- Nice quiet hotel on the perfect spot
- Avoid this one!
Indre By, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $125
Peblinge, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $167
- More than satisfied with the Kong Arthur
- Very Good Hotel
- Faulty towers, but not funny
Nyrops, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Lovely Hotel
- Great Location if you want to be able to walk to everything
- Generally positive experience!