Travel Blogs from Copenhagen
... Not realizing that, we wound up at the back of the line of passengers despite our newfound special status. I guess that’s all part of the egalitarian thing. No matter, we all wound up filing down the stairs (oh yes, on and offs at Keflavik are by staircase) and onto the…bus. Apparently, there’s a bit too much traffic to keep everyone served gateside, so we drove off across the field, stopping for the occasional taxiing aircraft ...
... eating Louise's best ever strawberry cakes.
We had a quick trip around the city and then over to Christiania the famous hippie part of CPH not many pics as cameras are forbidden but we managed to get one in quickly with the phone camera - a very hazy, smoky one while waiting for our meal - just letting you ...
... to have very different policies than the United States and I don't think I would ever have another opportunity to learn about this subject. Also, it includes a study tour to Amsterdam, where I have always wanted to go! Two of my roommates are in this class with me, as well as one of the girls downstairs that I am friends with. It was nice going into class already knowing people!
It was so nice to have Dad and Rach visit! Have a safe flight back home :)
... lives in the Amalienborg palaces.
We had booked on a tour of the Danish Parliament at 13:00, which was fascinating. We were told that the Parliament occupies 1005 rooms and takes up a small part of the Palace. Past Prime Ministers, in their last term, can arrange for their portrait to be painted and hung in the Parliament. The paintings of the men (all men so far) are quite different, some very "modern".
... kilometre. I had learned about it on a previous tour. It was the home of the author of Out of Africa and Babette’s Feast, and it’s now a museum and bird sanctuary, with lovely grounds, trails through the woods and her gravesite under a big beech tree. While enjoying some tranquil moments sitting on a bench, entertained by lively birdsong, I saw two deer bound across the clearing. A very enjoyable day.
Back in the city, ...
Other places to stay in Copenhagen
Nyrops, Copenhagen | 5 star hotelfrom $223
- Great location but some improvements required
- Couldn't ask for better
Mejlgårdens, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $174
Frederiksstaden, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $161
Fisketorvets, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $161
- Terrible service at the Copenhagen Island Hotel
- Best shower, worst service
- Could do a lot better!
Christianshavn, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $145
- Overpriced middle class hotel
- Great breakfast, flash gym equipment but smallish rooms and very expensive
- Do not under any circumstance stay here
Abel Cathrines, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $171
- Great Location
- Need look no further a Gem of a Hotel
- Excellent Hotel, Excellent Service
Tivolis, Copenhagen | 2 star hotelfrom $117
- Great they have got it right
- Too uncomfortable for me
Nyrops, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $193
- Very good hotel in a convenient central location
- Not even up to Scandic Standards
- Not worth it.
Frederiksstaden, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $206
- Fantastic - highly recommended
- Great staff, fab for foodies!
- City Break
Indre By, Copenhagen | 5 star hotelfrom $272
- Lovely hotel
Tivolis, Copenhagen | 5 star hotelfrom $300
- Excellent Stay
- Great Hotel
- Great Hotel - Not just a guest factory
Reventlows, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $127
- A stroll from the central train station
- For train travellers
- Ein sch÷ner Ort zum ▄bernachten
Indre By, Copenhagen | 5 star hotelfrom $217
- Worst Hotel in Europe
- Una pÚsima experiencia
- Sleep on a park bench, instead of staying here!!!
Sydhavnens, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $144
Vesterbro - Kongens Enghave, Copenhagen | 2 star hotelfrom $114
Nyrops, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Modern Hotel in a Good Location
- Stylish Scandinavian
- Hip to be Square!
Helgolands, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $169
Kalvebodernes, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $162
- Excellent Hotel!!
- Excellent Location
- Perfect for a short break in copenhagen
Backers, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $157
Vesterbro - Kongens Enghave, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $114
Helgolands, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $104
- Pleasant hotel - very central
- Business Class Wannabe
- Very, Good and Central
Gammelholms, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $160
- Nice quiet hotel on the perfect spot
- Avoid this one!
Indre By, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $125
Nyrops, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Lovely Hotel
- Great Location if you want to be able to walk to everything
- Generally positive experience!
Nyrops, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $154
- Insgesamt ein gro▀artiges Erlebnis
- Overall great experience
- Not convinced