Travel Blogs from Athens
... alternative is “Stamnagathi” of course. Both salads cost €6.00.
The Fresh Marinated Anchovies (€5.50) were a delight, presented topped with whole seeds of red aromatic pepper. However the Fried Anchovies (€6.00) left me speechless. Presented fried in halves with a mild flavour, without the least of oil, were turned to ...
... found where we had to be then when I was getting boarding passes printed the lady said do you realize your bags have been checked through to Santorini? Not good news when we are staying in Athens for the night! We had decided we'll just wing it but got to Athens and found very helpful man who found our bags within 15 minutes and we were away. Wonderful service Aegean Airlines. Spoiling ourselves at the Sofitel Athens Airport Hotel for one night and flying to Santorini in the ...
... that it was lunch time, we walked down some narrow lanes, where a lot of cafes and restaurants were. The lanes appeared narrower than they actually were due to people eating outside. Our tour group were ushered inside, tables and chairs were packed in tightly. Lunch was a typical Greek meal…or so we were told. We don’t know what we ate but we would have preferred a vegemite sandwich with fresh bread as this would have gone down ...
As a testament to our fondness for Athens, we chose to stay at the hotel all day. The kids did a bit of homework, I exercised, posted blogs and perused Pinterest. KC exercised, walked the neighborhood and read. It was a cloudy, cool day. We had odds and ends for lunch and continued to suck the battery life ...
... of parliament). Luckily I had just come from there, so with my less than minute knowledge of downtown Athens I showed her how to get there! She said she was going there to meet her husband who was at a meeting. I spoke with her a bit more only to find out that she had a son, named Alex, who went to school in Missouri, who was 20 years old. Even when I am all the way across the world in a completely different culture it is hard to not ...
Other places to stay in Athens
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $106
- Awful Service, Average Hotel
- Great base for Athens
Neos Kosmos, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $139
- Wonderful Hotel - an oasis of calm compared to the heat and chaos of the city
- Very Nice Place
- The most immaculate hotel ever
1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $163
- Best in Athens
- One word: Superb
????? 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Horrible rooms and breakfast
- Good location, Small clean rooms
- Nice Value
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $81
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $125
- Nice, but......
- AWESOME stay
- Location, location, location
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $385
- Rich Opulence Details
- The Absolute Best!
Παλαιού Φαλήρου, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $103
- A Cruise/Conference Hotel
- Big Hotel
- Good Hotel, Nice breakfast and toiletteries
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $159
- This hotel is super, and I know what I talk about
- Greco Imperial OK, No local flavor
- Dissapointed-definetely not a 5 star hotel.
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $87
- Convenient location next to the Metro
- Want a rooftop pool in Athens?
- Great place to stay
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $114
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $127
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $92
- Enjoyed the stay
- Great Rooftop Pool
- Una maravilla de piscina
Makriyanni, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $106
- 3 blocks from acropolis--great location
- Best Part of this hotel was the bartender, Fotis
- Close to Acropolis, but average hotel
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $104
Kolonaki, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Would not stay here again
- Oh what a hill...
- Good location in Athens, nice 4/5* hotel
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- Enjoyed my stay....
- Quite Impressed! Really Enjoyed Our Stay
- There is no rooftop pool!!
Αθήνα 6, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $46
Omonia Square, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $68
- Arachnophopbes beware
- Was very pleasantly surprised
- Dorian was good
Omonia Square, Athens | 3 star hotelfrom $52
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $93
- Terrible Hotel
- The Worst Customer Service EVER!
- No es un cinco estrellas
Syntagma Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $134
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $116
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $166
- Excellant hotel
- Great Value and Wonderful Location
- Incredibly Perfect Location - Luxurious & Fun
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $53
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $124
- Loved this Hip Hotel
- Fresh attitude
- Great for the price