Travel Blogs from Athens
... one more question and ask what he really meant by trolley. He said the yellow electric busses. Hmm. We had seen several of those but had no idea that was what they meant by trolley. Sometimes even when you are both speaking English you misunderstand. So now we just had to wait for the next yellow bus #10. We had only seen two or three of those in our hour of waiting.
By the time we got on that bus it was after 1:00 in the afternoon. My goal was to be at ...
MILK SKIN ‘BRACELET’: Presented as if a gift in a jewel case. Way too sweet though for my own tastes, but if you have a sweet tooth you will love it. Opening the case is like getting a real gold bracelet which is there for you to taste. This is paired with homemade liqueur with Delamain Cognac.
CHOCOLATE SOUP: You might think that it is so little, on the contrary it is quite filling. The chocolate ball ...
... a massive fan of it, but I figured I had to try it from the source. Best. Decision. Ever. It was dripping with honey and made with cinnamon and pistachios and poems and the dreams of angels. I cut it in to tiny bites so that I could savor it longer. My mouth was watering the entire time I was eating it. Oh my god it was amazing. Truly the food of the gods. When I finally finished my meal, I was given the check and a shot of something called Tsipouro, ...
... but not by any major sporting teams. I went out for Halloween, with my new roommate at the hostel, Hector from Mexico. He spoke good english, so we could have good conversations. We did some bar hoping and only ran into one group of people from Belgium ...
... flavour you want, and then choose the toppings. My favourite flavour is Madagascar Vanilla.
On our first weekend we visited Marathon. we had coffee at Lake Marathon and then we headed to the beach and ate at a tavern on the beach. We then swam all day. Another day we went to a tavern for dinner and there were lots of boys playing in the park. We all played soccer together and they all tried ...
Other places to stay in Athens
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $106
- Awful Service, Average Hotel
- Great base for Athens
Neos Kosmos, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $139
- Wonderful Hotel - an oasis of calm compared to the heat and chaos of the city
- Very Nice Place
- The most immaculate hotel ever
1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $163
- Best in Athens
- One word: Superb
????? 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Horrible rooms and breakfast
- Good location, Small clean rooms
- Nice Value
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $81
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $125
- Nice, but......
- AWESOME stay
- Location, location, location
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $385
- Rich Opulence Details
- The Absolute Best!
Παλαιού Φαλήρου, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $103
- A Cruise/Conference Hotel
- Big Hotel
- Good Hotel, Nice breakfast and toiletteries
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $159
- This hotel is super, and I know what I talk about
- Greco Imperial OK, No local flavor
- Dissapointed-definetely not a 5 star hotel.
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $87
- Convenient location next to the Metro
- Want a rooftop pool in Athens?
- Great place to stay
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $114
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $127
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $92
- Enjoyed the stay
- Great Rooftop Pool
- Una maravilla de piscina
Makriyanni, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $106
- 3 blocks from acropolis--great location
- Best Part of this hotel was the bartender, Fotis
- Close to Acropolis, but average hotel
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $104
Kolonaki, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Would not stay here again
- Oh what a hill...
- Good location in Athens, nice 4/5* hotel
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- Enjoyed my stay....
- Quite Impressed! Really Enjoyed Our Stay
- There is no rooftop pool!!
Αθήνα 6, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $46
Omonia Square, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $68
- Arachnophopbes beware
- Was very pleasantly surprised
- Dorian was good
Omonia Square, Athens | 3 star hotelfrom $52
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $93
- Terrible Hotel
- The Worst Customer Service EVER!
- No es un cinco estrellas
Syntagma Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $134
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $116
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $166
- Excellant hotel
- Great Value and Wonderful Location
- Incredibly Perfect Location - Luxurious & Fun
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $53
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $124
- Loved this Hip Hotel
- Fresh attitude
- Great for the price