Travel Blogs from Athens
Early and alone I took a taxi to the Metro where I caught the train to the Acropolis. Wish me luck. The signs are all "Greek " to me. Another 90+ degrees day so a good idea to have arrived early. Took a "short" tour with a local guide Athena. First point of interest was the theater of Dionysius which is a little different than the Roman amphitheater. And continued the climb up to the top to the Parthenon. You can see ...
... from €3.50 the Fresh Fries, to Fried Cheese being the most expensive €7.80. Salads (Tomato, Vlita, Beetroot at €4.00) the Signature Salad bearing the name of the Chef, and the Trout one at €8.00.
There are the so called "Salted" and "Shells" dishes and finally the ones called “Plates” referring to Main courses.
... it was cooler today so I had a jumper on but it didn’t last long as it soon got hot.
Our first stop was the Temple of Poseidon overlooking the Aegean Sea, monument of the god of the sea, Poseidon. This was an all marble construction. Sailors of old use to offer sacrifices to Poseidon before going on their voyages. There are 12 remaining columns of the original temple. Below this temple is another temple of Athena… ...
... to leave, so with my wallet and phone firmly in my front pockets I ventured through the markets of Athens. It’s almost like a mall, if a mall were made with the floor plan of a maze and everyone at the mall smoked. I had a blast. I didn't buy anything but I got to see so much.
I met up with my group again and we set off to see more icons of Athens. At one point we were at the National Library and I was sketching just a small ...
... with gold flakes and it sits on crust of crunchy nuts. The warm, velvety smoothness and rich chocolaty flavor will take you to heaven. The erupting chocolate certainly has the wow factor making a great effect. And yet this is not all, as there is one last and extremely impressive presentation.
ORANGE EXPLOSION: A bowl filled with fresh shiny orange leaves, topped with chocolate spheres with orange filling. When this particular ...
Other places to stay in Athens
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $106
- Awful Service, Average Hotel
- Great base for Athens
Neos Kosmos, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $139
- Wonderful Hotel - an oasis of calm compared to the heat and chaos of the city
- Very Nice Place
- The most immaculate hotel ever
1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $163
- Best in Athens
- One word: Superb
????? 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Horrible rooms and breakfast
- Good location, Small clean rooms
- Nice Value
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $81
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $125
- Nice, but......
- AWESOME stay
- Location, location, location
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $385
- Rich Opulence Details
- The Absolute Best!
Παλαιού Φαλήρου, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $103
- A Cruise/Conference Hotel
- Big Hotel
- Good Hotel, Nice breakfast and toiletteries
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $159
- This hotel is super, and I know what I talk about
- Greco Imperial OK, No local flavor
- Dissapointed-definetely not a 5 star hotel.
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $87
- Convenient location next to the Metro
- Want a rooftop pool in Athens?
- Great place to stay
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $114
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $127
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $92
- Enjoyed the stay
- Great Rooftop Pool
- Una maravilla de piscina
Makriyanni, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $106
- 3 blocks from acropolis--great location
- Best Part of this hotel was the bartender, Fotis
- Close to Acropolis, but average hotel
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $104
Kolonaki, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Would not stay here again
- Oh what a hill...
- Good location in Athens, nice 4/5* hotel
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- Enjoyed my stay....
- Quite Impressed! Really Enjoyed Our Stay
- There is no rooftop pool!!
Αθήνα 6, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $46
Omonia Square, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $68
- Arachnophopbes beware
- Was very pleasantly surprised
- Dorian was good
Omonia Square, Athens | 3 star hotelfrom $52
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $93
- Terrible Hotel
- The Worst Customer Service EVER!
- No es un cinco estrellas
Syntagma Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $134
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $116
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $166
- Excellant hotel
- Great Value and Wonderful Location
- Incredibly Perfect Location - Luxurious & Fun
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $53
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $124
- Loved this Hip Hotel
- Fresh attitude
- Great for the price