Travel Blogs from Athens
... on my second day to do it due to a wild thunderstorm turn hurricane (this was Athens' first week of rain in 5 months), I felt incredible relief. I had met a wonderful group of people the night before and participated in a kareoke night with jager shots and ouzo, so a relaxed day in the laundromat was probably a good move. I even met a very friendly Australian man named Rob who kept me company. M Over the course of my four nights in Athens I met a range of ...
... petal infused honey. more purchases.
Onto the herb and tea shops for lots of aromas. Then a stop at the pet store (I was getting nervous here. Costas was in love with a puppy in the window which he had to stop and pet-whew!) Now passing many textile shops filled with. Lots of material and yarns.
I was sorry this was over. If we did it again in the later part of the day, would ...
... it was so breezy it was actually really nice and the view was magnificent. Easily my favourite day in Greece and a completely mind blowing experience. How do two kiwi girls get to be sitting on a bench by the Parthenon in Athens, Greece with the Greek flag flying in the background looking at that spectacular view? I still couldn't believe it all day.
We spent the rest of the day walking around a fancy area of Athens and having gelato and ...
... it is called, excellent quality and taste with worldwide Awards. The Greek saffron gives the food an exquisite taste, color and flavor. Risotto was garnished with mussels and a prawn and had a gorgeously creamy texture and taste! Surely worth to give it a try. (€17.00).
(Be sure to buy Krokos Kozanis Saffron from the airport. I buy it for myself but I give it as present to friends as well. Believe me it makes an excellent personal gift).
... at 5am to catch our boat transfer out to Santorini. I am so excited to go to more beautiful beaches! Luckily I'll come back to Athens in a couple of weeks to do some sightseeing after visiting the islands of Santorini, Ios, Paros and Mykonos. Na sas milìsō sÿntoma, Miss ...
Other places to stay in Athens
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $106
- Awful Service, Average Hotel
- Great base for Athens
Neos Kosmos, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $139
- Wonderful Hotel - an oasis of calm compared to the heat and chaos of the city
- Very Nice Place
- The most immaculate hotel ever
1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $163
- Best in Athens
- One word: Superb
????? 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Horrible rooms and breakfast
- Good location, Small clean rooms
- Nice Value
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $81
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $125
- Nice, but......
- AWESOME stay
- Location, location, location
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $385
- Rich Opulence Details
- The Absolute Best!
Παλαιού Φαλήρου, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $103
- A Cruise/Conference Hotel
- Big Hotel
- Good Hotel, Nice breakfast and toiletteries
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $159
- This hotel is super, and I know what I talk about
- Greco Imperial OK, No local flavor
- Dissapointed-definetely not a 5 star hotel.
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $87
- Convenient location next to the Metro
- Want a rooftop pool in Athens?
- Great place to stay
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $114
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $127
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $92
- Enjoyed the stay
- Great Rooftop Pool
- Una maravilla de piscina
Makriyanni, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $106
- 3 blocks from acropolis--great location
- Best Part of this hotel was the bartender, Fotis
- Close to Acropolis, but average hotel
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $104
Kolonaki, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Would not stay here again
- Oh what a hill...
- Good location in Athens, nice 4/5* hotel
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- Enjoyed my stay....
- Quite Impressed! Really Enjoyed Our Stay
- There is no rooftop pool!!
Αθήνα 6, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $46
Omonia Square, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $68
- Arachnophopbes beware
- Was very pleasantly surprised
- Dorian was good
Omonia Square, Athens | 3 star hotelfrom $52
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $93
- Terrible Hotel
- The Worst Customer Service EVER!
- No es un cinco estrellas
Syntagma Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $134
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $116
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $166
- Excellant hotel
- Great Value and Wonderful Location
- Incredibly Perfect Location - Luxurious & Fun
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $53
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $124
- Loved this Hip Hotel
- Fresh attitude
- Great for the price