Travel Blogs from Athens
... went on a search to "Discover Athens" and actually discover some funky new street food places. First 360 cafe in Plaka for a morning coffee overlooking the Parthanon. From there we looked around the shops, saw the old antique shops and also the fresh fish and meat market. We were lucky to make it out alive and not butchered to be honest as all the men there had never seen two girls before in their lives. We ...
... is a closet that needs to be organized. So I chose a cruise with a lot of sea days (about 12). You may think it's pathetic--I sort of do--to go on a cruise to work, but that's what I'm doing. Hence, the title reference to a "book tour"--I need to work on my book. My deadline is December 1 (You may laugh at me as well as with me on this one).
In addition to the scheduled sea days, there are a few ports I've done before and I plan ...
... of history worth seeing if you have an interest in Olympic games.
At about 11.30 am I went to a local market and brought some
fresh fruit and snacks because for lunch today I went to Filopappos Hill.
Filopappos Hill is located just next to the Acropolis and it has nice relaxing atmosphere overlooking the coastal are of the city. Its views and relaxing ...
... It was the same bus that had picked us up back in Athens over 10 days ago. We caught the bus to the Poseidon hotel, the one near the beach. Here we checked in, found our rooms and went up. I unpacked, got ready for the next day, then went
up to the pool where a few people were. I had a few drinks and used the WiFi and talked with those up there. Then went back down to the room and got ready for dinner.
... not a chef by trade, just a mum cooking their family traditional dishes. It was yummy and reminded me of a spread at Nanna's house, but more Greek themed. We then went for a swim and laid on the beach under a tree. Back on the bus to go and see the home of Psoiden at the most southern tip of Athens. It was a remarkable location and the view was to die for. There was a big cloud brewing over the ...
Other places to stay in Athens
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $106
- Awful Service, Average Hotel
- Great base for Athens
Neos Kosmos, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $139
- Wonderful Hotel - an oasis of calm compared to the heat and chaos of the city
- Very Nice Place
- The most immaculate hotel ever
1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $163
- Best in Athens
- One word: Superb
????? 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Horrible rooms and breakfast
- Good location, Small clean rooms
- Nice Value
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $81
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $125
- Nice, but......
- AWESOME stay
- Location, location, location
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $385
- Rich Opulence Details
- The Absolute Best!
Παλαιού Φαλήρου, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $103
- A Cruise/Conference Hotel
- Big Hotel
- Good Hotel, Nice breakfast and toiletteries
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $159
- This hotel is super, and I know what I talk about
- Greco Imperial OK, No local flavor
- Dissapointed-definetely not a 5 star hotel.
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $87
- Convenient location next to the Metro
- Want a rooftop pool in Athens?
- Great place to stay
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $114
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $127
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $92
- Enjoyed the stay
- Great Rooftop Pool
- Una maravilla de piscina
Makriyanni, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $106
- 3 blocks from acropolis--great location
- Best Part of this hotel was the bartender, Fotis
- Close to Acropolis, but average hotel
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $104
Kolonaki, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Would not stay here again
- Oh what a hill...
- Good location in Athens, nice 4/5* hotel
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- Enjoyed my stay....
- Quite Impressed! Really Enjoyed Our Stay
- There is no rooftop pool!!
Αθήνα 6, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $46
Omonia Square, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $68
- Arachnophopbes beware
- Was very pleasantly surprised
- Dorian was good
Omonia Square, Athens | 3 star hotelfrom $52
Syntagma Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $134
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $93
- Terrible Hotel
- The Worst Customer Service EVER!
- No es un cinco estrellas
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $116
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $166
- Excellant hotel
- Great Value and Wonderful Location
- Incredibly Perfect Location - Luxurious & Fun
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $53
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $124
- Loved this Hip Hotel
- Fresh attitude
- Great for the price