No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
Travel Blogs from Athens
... rolling down the runway I looked cautiously out the window and noticed a sheet of BLACK cloud. Surely thats not ok, I thought. I was right. Next thing you know it was ******* down with rain, and thunder and lightning were everywhere. The plane stopped. My heart stopped. The pilot announced that because of the thunderstorm the airport had been closed for a bit. I thought let me off - but he just told us to buckle our seatbelts. BUCKLE our SEATlBELTS and sit still ...
Athens our home for the last four years based in Porto Rafti with a wonderful sea view.
From Athens fond memories of the Acropolis as depicted in the painting now hanging in our house in Spain (Big Thank you to Peter's colleagues at Hill International). Amongst the other ...
... have to carry it anymore. Back at the hostel I ran into a girl called Rebecca who I had met on the coach transfer to the hostel the day before. We got chatting then headed down to the computer room together. As I blogged she tried to sort out her issue of a lost credit card. Early afternoon we headed out for a gyros together then she showed me this amazing frozen yoghurt shop. It was the most delicious thing I had eaten, thank god I didn't find it earlier or I would of indulged ...
... history dating back some 3,400 years.
A little bit of Athens Trivia
- Famous for its antiquities, rivaled in the Mediterranean world only by Rome.
- Wealthy Romans sent their children to Athens to be educated by its philosophers and its sophisticated culture.
- Marcus Aurelius, ...
... European countries won't let them across borders and so they get stuck in Greece. There is a scheme in place though where the EU gives people a free flight back to their country and Greece gives them 300 euros if they go home and never come back. I also learnt a little more about the main religion here, most Greeks are Greek Orthodox and they do things a little differently to us. Firstly their Easter falls on different dates to ours and for them the 10 days prior to Lent is a ...
Other places to stay in Athens
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $118
- Awful Service, Average Hotel
- Great base for Athens
Neos Kosmos, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $130
- Wonderful Hotel - an oasis of calm compared to the heat and chaos of the city
- Very Nice Place
- The most immaculate hotel ever
1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $123
- Best in Athens
- One word: Superb
????? 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $74
- Horrible rooms and breakfast
- Good location, Small clean rooms
- Nice Value
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $76
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $130
- Nice, but......
- AWESOME stay
- Location, location, location
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $323
- Rich Opulence Details
- The Absolute Best!
Παλαιού Φαλήρου, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $115
- A Cruise/Conference Hotel
- Big Hotel
- Good Hotel, Nice breakfast and toiletteries
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $159
- This hotel is super, and I know what I talk about
- Greco Imperial OK, No local flavor
- Dissapointed-definetely not a 5 star hotel.
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $67
- Convenient location next to the Metro
- Want a rooftop pool in Athens?
- Great place to stay
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $119
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $118
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $80
- Enjoyed the stay
- Great Rooftop Pool
- Una maravilla de piscina
Makriyanni, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $104
- 3 blocks from acropolis--great location
- Best Part of this hotel was the bartender, Fotis
- Close to Acropolis, but average hotel
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $91
Kolonaki, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $111
- Would not stay here again
- Oh what a hill...
- Good location in Athens, nice 4/5* hotel
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $160
- Enjoyed my stay....
- Quite Impressed! Really Enjoyed Our Stay
- There is no rooftop pool!!
Αθήνα 6, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $46
Omonia Square, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $48
- Arachnophopbes beware
- Was very pleasantly surprised
- Dorian was good
Omonia Square, Athens | 3 star hotelfrom $48
Syntagma Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Terrible Hotel
- The Worst Customer Service EVER!
- No es un cinco estrellas
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $102
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $154
- Excellant hotel
- Great Value and Wonderful Location
- Incredibly Perfect Location - Luxurious & Fun
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $49
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $95
- Loved this Hip Hotel
- Fresh attitude
- Great for the price