Hotel De La Paix
No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
Travel Blogs from Herm
... which foods they refrigerate. Milk, cheese, eggs, basically all dairy products that are thought of in the US as must-refrigerate items aren't refrigerated here. So it all just sits on shelves (which freaks me out a little). So what do they refrigerate?? Jello. The amount of Jello that I see in the cold section of the super markets is just obscene. Like I said, no rhyme or reason.
Much love from my dark, dungeon-like room in SanSe,
... where they hail from.
It was certainly good to have push bikes on board so we could ride into the towns to collect supplies and do our sightseeing. One day we loaded them up with our washing and headed for the local "Laverie" (laundromat).
The week came to an end far too quickly and it was time to board our train and head for our next ...
... allowed to have a drink- many want you to eat as well. We flagged going home to shower and change, just went to our booked restaurant earlier for dinner, and got home again at 10pm. Yes, the trams were running again.
... minutes to get into our room, stashed our bags, and got the tram into the its centre which is probably 4km away. We managed - eventually - to get a tram ticket via the machine! A little challenging to the novices but we have it sussed now. Nobody actually checks your ticket or if you validate it and we noted hardly anybody seems to do it anyway.
... we find out the trains aren't running for that line as work is being done on them. So the best way to get over a little bit of disappointment was to go to the wine museum and have some wine tasting. This area is big on it wine with thousands of vineyards in the area, there are five different regions with 80% of them producing red wine with the other 20% producing white wines. The barrels they use to store the wine holds 225 litres of ...