Travel Blogs from Montreal
... looked at the map and weather forecast and decided Montreal was the
best option for a clearer day on Friday.
We set the GPS and took off for the border. The trip was quicker and the border crossing
simpler than we expected. Within 3hrs we
were on the outskirts of Montreal.
Here’s where it gets interesting.
We lost our phone and wifi connection due
to change of country, and the communication with our AirBnB host ...
... a couple of sloths (very slow), crocodiles (snappy), monkeys (apparently - didn't see them so not convinced!), a lynx (hiding in his little house), beavers (cute little arms), tortoises (also slow), porcupine (spiky), and some little duck dudes with red feet that zipped and dived and flapped their little legs like a paddle steamer!
After the Biodome we headed for the Tower - the funicular. Like a glass fronted lift that went up a slope on the ...
Another full week to spend in Montreal, discovers the suburbs, parks, restaurants...
It's the jazz festival so will have to go see a few free shows...I think we should go to the Bota Bota spa on the st-Lawrence rive in the city too for a relaxing day:) While ...
... années, ce qui n'est pas à dédaigner non plus...
Nous allons au Maroc, chers amis! Yessss! À Rabat, la capitale, là où Richard a passé un an de sa vie, en 2001-2002. Nous avons donc une bonne idée de ce qui nous attend, et on apprécie déjà ce qui va suivre!!! Donc nouvelle culture franco-arabe, musulmane e et islamique (mais pas intégriste comme certains autres pays de ce type), sous un régime monarchique. À nous les villes impériales, la mer, le désert, ...
... still flying along so it was a bit disappointing to not really get to see the colours of the trees as they flashed past us, we were delayed a few times once by a train with a broken down engine that only was going at a slow walking pace so as a result we were an Hour late into Halifax, we de-trained and got a taxi to the hotel and Booked in so tomorow is our first full day in Halifax Nova Scotia so talk soon sleep well all.
Cheers Baz and Taz.
Other places to stay in Montreal
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $192
- An anniversary getaway to remember!
- Couln't ask for more
- Chateau Champlain was wonderful!
Jeanne-Mance, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $127
- We were very pleasantly surprised with the Holiday Inn Midtown
- Great place
- Not awful at all
Downtown, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $161
- Always stay here!
- The View? Cheers! The Staff? Jeers!
- Wonderful stay
Saint-Jacques, Montreal | 5 star hotelfrom $168
- Great Hotel
- There are better options in Montreal
- Rude service, dust on the curtains and mold in the bathroom
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $181
- Avoid this place if you can
- The Good and the Bad
- Excellent location and much more
Square Mile, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $183
- Great way to end our trip!
- Not a 4-star hotel
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $183
- Only tried the revolving restaurant
- A nice place for families
- Right in between St. Catherines and Vieux-Montreal
Saint-Laurent, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $110
Peter-McGill, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $172
- The best in Montreal
- Omini Mont Royal Just Right
- Great weekend getaway
Downtown, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $164
- We recommend this hotel
- A pleasant surprise
- Hotel was good enough for our stay
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $180
- Loved every moment
- Couldn't be better
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Best Location For Gay Village
- Tired Hotel
- Beautiful, Clean, Great service
Square Mile, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $140
- Nice, inexpensive hotel
- Gestapo at the front desk
- Cantlie ignorance
Square Mile, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $209
- Rather Impressed
- Beds to die for..
- Terrific French Hotel in the Quintessential French City
Saint-Laurent, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $120
Square Mile, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $138
- Small but servicable
- Small with Big Attitude
- Excellent location
Ville-Marie, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $138
- Good price, good location
- Pricy but worth it!!!
- Not a wonderful experience
Downtown, Montreal | 2 star hotelfrom $98
- Get what you pay for
- Tiny rooms filled up with smoke
- Tiny Room and Shower
Jeanne-Mance, Montreal | 5 star hotelfrom $167
Square Mile, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $142
- Would not stay at this hotel again.
- Very nice
- If you are looking for Peace and Relaxation. STAY AWAY from it
Square Mile, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $109
- Not as bad as these reviews say...
- Not as advertised...
- Recommended to friends
Vieux-Montreal, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $169
- Great location and lovely suite
- Una excelente ubicación y una suite encantadora.
- Très bon emplacement et suite ravissante
Le Plateau-Mont-Royal, Montreal | 2 star hotelfrom $105
Peter-McGill, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $117
Cote-des-Neiges-Notre-Dame-de-Grace, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $151
Quartier Latin, Montreal | 2 star hotelfrom $138
- Highly Recommend!!
- Nice stay
- Great Stay!