Travel Blogs from Montreal
... 11th floor for
an amazing view of Old Town from our room.
A quick rinse to rid ourselves of the
twilight zone and we were soon meandering through the cobbled streets soaking
up the atmosphere of what appeared to be an old European city, (well everyone
spoke French and the buildings were old, you get the idea). There was even a Notre Dame, I’ve seen a few
of these now in different countries, not quite to the ...
When we left home late this morning, it was -19, feels like - 26 deg. We were interested to see what it would be like, as it was bright and sunny. All of yesterday's snow had been cleared off the road and pavement, so it was easy to walk, and overall, it wasn't too unpleasant. We waited about 10 mins for the bus and we were just starting to feel the cold.
To keep warm, we caught ...
Today is the day we board our much awaited cruise on the Silver Whisper. Have just watched the Whisper berth here in Montreal around 7:30am. We are to board about 1:00pm this afternoon, much anticipation. We wandered down into Old Montreal to a cafe on the corner of Saint Jacques & Pierre, where again we met up with an Australian couple from Noosa also boarding the Whisper today. Breakfast was delicious, and afterward we walked up to Victoria Square where we found ...
... the hostel cafe. All of my 3 room mates had gone out for the evening, so I made the most if the space and sorted out my pack, went through all the stuff I have collected and put it together ready to post home when I get to Toronto and culling out all the paper,info etc that I don't need any more ... My folder is getting less full and a lot lighter now lol. After catching up on e-mails, Facebook and some news sites to find out what has been happening in the world, it was off to ...
... guys to fit the tires. The bike mechanics are cool and we chat about bikes and travel as they swap the tires. With the old knobby tires gone and less aggressive tread fitted the bike feels great. The Cat Empire is playing at the Jazz Festival and I catch their show along with some great fire breathing street ...
Other places to stay in Montreal
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $192
- An anniversary getaway to remember!
- Couln't ask for more
- Chateau Champlain was wonderful!
Jeanne-Mance, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $127
- We were very pleasantly surprised with the Holiday Inn Midtown
- Great place
- Not awful at all
Downtown, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $161
- Always stay here!
- The View? Cheers! The Staff? Jeers!
- Wonderful stay
Saint-Jacques, Montreal | 5 star hotelfrom $168
- Great Hotel
- There are better options in Montreal
- Rude service, dust on the curtains and mold in the bathroom
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $181
- Avoid this place if you can
- The Good and the Bad
- Excellent location and much more
Square Mile, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $183
- Great way to end our trip!
- Not a 4-star hotel
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $183
- Only tried the revolving restaurant
- A nice place for families
- Right in between St. Catherines and Vieux-Montreal
Saint-Laurent, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $110
Peter-McGill, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $172
- The best in Montreal
- Omini Mont Royal Just Right
- Great weekend getaway
Downtown, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $164
- We recommend this hotel
- A pleasant surprise
- Hotel was good enough for our stay
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $180
- Loved every moment
- Couldn't be better
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Best Location For Gay Village
- Tired Hotel
- Beautiful, Clean, Great service
Square Mile, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $140
- Nice, inexpensive hotel
- Gestapo at the front desk
- Cantlie ignorance
Square Mile, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $209
- Rather Impressed
- Beds to die for..
- Terrific French Hotel in the Quintessential French City
Saint-Laurent, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $120
Square Mile, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $138
- Small but servicable
- Small with Big Attitude
- Excellent location
Ville-Marie, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $138
- Good price, good location
- Pricy but worth it!!!
- Not a wonderful experience
Downtown, Montreal | 2 star hotelfrom $98
- Get what you pay for
- Tiny rooms filled up with smoke
- Tiny Room and Shower
Jeanne-Mance, Montreal | 5 star hotelfrom $167
Square Mile, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $142
- Would not stay at this hotel again.
- Very nice
- If you are looking for Peace and Relaxation. STAY AWAY from it
Square Mile, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $109
- Not as bad as these reviews say...
- Not as advertised...
- Recommended to friends
Vieux-Montreal, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $169
- Great location and lovely suite
- Una excelente ubicación y una suite encantadora.
- Trčs bon emplacement et suite ravissante
Le Plateau-Mont-Royal, Montreal | 2 star hotelfrom $105
Peter-McGill, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $117
Cote-des-Neiges-Notre-Dame-de-Grace, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $151
Quartier Latin, Montreal | 2 star hotelfrom $138
- Highly Recommend!!
- Nice stay
- Great Stay!