Travel Blogs from Athens
... John Camp served as our Master of Ceremonies.
Following our performance, the Lycee Leon chorus sang two selections for us, and then we were each presented with a gift bag with mementos from our visit. My gifts included a school banner, and a Greek Orthodox icon painted by a member of the Lycee Leon faculty. ...
Well I made it! Edmonton to New York to Zurich to Athens Had a quick layover in New York so I hired a car to show me the sigpostinghts. Thanks Alexander :) Now I'm going out to see Greece! Day 1 lots of walking up and down streets! WAY ...
... is the very spot where they kicked off the Modern Olympic Games in 1896.
They built the stadium on the remains of the original stadium. Just to give you some idea of the level of enthusiasm for reviving the Olympic Games; on the first day, 25 March 1896, the Games attracted 80,000 spectators. Athens, at that time, had 128,000 inhabitants! There were 311 athletes from 13 countries competing over 10 days. A silver medal was given ...
After a great night's sleep we woke to sunlight over the Acropolis. We enjoyed a scrumptious buffet breakfast and decided to walk up the hill to the Acropolis. Crowds were light and we gained a quick entry, a lovely change from some of the other iconic sights we have been to. We walked up the steps made out of salvaged marble from onsite ruins. We were blown away at the sight, size and grandeur of ...
... The locals were also very friendly. We found a perfect cheap apartment metres from a nice beach and just ten minutes walk from Parikia town. In days of old, pure white marble was quarried on the island and used for several famous Greek sculptures. There must still be a lot of marble around, because many pavements are paved in marble - even our room had a marble floor. Hired a scooter for a day to see the rest of the island - only about ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Hotel Cosmopolite Athens
Other places to stay in Athens
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $118
- Awful Service, Average Hotel
- Great base for Athens
Neos Kosmos, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $130
- Wonderful Hotel - an oasis of calm compared to the heat and chaos of the city
- Very Nice Place
- The most immaculate hotel ever
1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $123
- Best in Athens
- One word: Superb
????? 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $74
- Horrible rooms and breakfast
- Good location, Small clean rooms
- Nice Value
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $76
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $130
- Nice, but......
- AWESOME stay
- Location, location, location
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $323
- Rich Opulence Details
- The Absolute Best!
Παλαιού Φαλήρου, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $115
- A Cruise/Conference Hotel
- Big Hotel
- Good Hotel, Nice breakfast and toiletteries
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $159
- This hotel is super, and I know what I talk about
- Greco Imperial OK, No local flavor
- Dissapointed-definetely not a 5 star hotel.
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $67
- Convenient location next to the Metro
- Want a rooftop pool in Athens?
- Great place to stay
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $119
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $118
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $80
- Enjoyed the stay
- Great Rooftop Pool
- Una maravilla de piscina
Makriyanni, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $104
- 3 blocks from acropolis--great location
- Best Part of this hotel was the bartender, Fotis
- Close to Acropolis, but average hotel
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $91
Kolonaki, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $111
- Would not stay here again
- Oh what a hill...
- Good location in Athens, nice 4/5* hotel
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $160
- Enjoyed my stay....
- Quite Impressed! Really Enjoyed Our Stay
- There is no rooftop pool!!
Αθήνα 6, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $46
Omonia Square, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $48
- Arachnophopbes beware
- Was very pleasantly surprised
- Dorian was good
Omonia Square, Athens | 3 star hotelfrom $48
Syntagma Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Terrible Hotel
- The Worst Customer Service EVER!
- No es un cinco estrellas
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $102
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $154
- Excellant hotel
- Great Value and Wonderful Location
- Incredibly Perfect Location - Luxurious & Fun
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $49
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $95
- Loved this Hip Hotel
- Fresh attitude
- Great for the price