TripAdvisor Reviews Aurora Hotel Helsinki
Travel Blogs from Helsinki
... studded, in winter mode, incase of snow, which is actually forecast for tomorrow...lucky we're moving on again then ! Our hotel has a Gothic style entrance and an Ikea interior- interesting mix. There doesn't appear to be a crime problem here but the hotel security is OTT, with 9 card locks before we get to our room ...
... off-season), I was up early and walked a couple of km to the tourist office. On the way I climbed the steps and entered the Helsinki Cathedral in Senate Square.
After securing my tour ticket I kicked around Market Square waiting for the bus to arrive. There is an adjacent park area that would look so different in the summer. Just sayin'
The bus tour took two hours and visited several neighbourhoods and landmarks. We only got off the bus twice. ...
... a UNESCO World Heritage site which is only about 15 minutes from the Market Square. Helsinki is a city on the sea and today really made me realize how many islands and waterways are part of the city and its history.
We were hoping to see the Museum of Design today and set off this morning only to first find ourselves in The Art Gallery in error! Then we followed the directions from the lovely lady at the Art Gallery caught a ...
... Central Railway StationDeparture pointYour route starts at Senate Square, however you may board the bus and exchange your voucher at any of the stopsDeparture time10am - 4pm, every 30 minutesDurationVariesAdditional InfoInclusions
- Hop-on hop-off tour ticket (valid for 24 hours)
- Audio commentary
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities ...
... to rain. We think we have rain in England but this was really impressive. We arrived at the Arabia factory/university/outlet stores which also had displays from Fiskars and other cool Finnish brands. Even the damn post office is a veritable cornucopia of high quality graphic and industrial design. It is hard to communicate how deeply embedded good design is in The Finnish culture. "The city itself (to quote an article from 2005) is a ...
Other places to stay in Helsinki
Taka-Töölö, Helsinki | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- If modern is your wish
- Excelente ubicación, personal agradable
- Excellent location, friendly service
Eteläinen, Helsinki | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- A bit over price
- Fantastic Hotel in a Fantastic City
- Fantastic hotel!...
Eteläinen, Helsinki | 4 star hotelfrom $120
- No towels in a EUR 169,-- room
- Very Nice Hotel for the money
- OK Hotel
Eteläinen, Helsinki | 4 star hotelfrom $142
- A truly wonderful hotel.
- OK for one night!
- Highly recommended
Eteläinen, Helsinki | 4 star hotelfrom $126
- Perfect location, adequate hotel
- Loved the Marski
- Very average
Eteläinen, Helsinki | 3 star hotelfrom $159
Pasila, Helsinki | 3 star hotelfrom $100
Eteläinen, Helsinki | 4 star hotelfrom $141
- One of the Best
- Fantastic time!
Eteläinen, Helsinki | 4 star hotelfrom $118
- Love this hotel
- Slightly above avarage 3 stars
- Great Location, Great Service
Eteläinen, Helsinki | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Friendly Staffs
- Excellant hotel
- Excellent service perfectly located
Eteläinen, Helsinki | 3 star hotelfrom $127
- Good value for money hotel
- Terrible breakfast
Kampinmalmi, Helsinki | 4 star hotelfrom $106
Eteläinen, Helsinki | 4 star hotelfrom $132
Ullanlinna, Helsinki | 5 star hotelfrom $184
- Loved the Kamp!
- Great Experience, except for service in the bar
- Scandinavia's Best!
Eteläinen, Helsinki | 4 star hotelfrom $134
- Fantastisches Holiday Inn
- Modern and central
- Fantastic Holiday Inn
Keskinen, Helsinki | 3 star hotelfrom $121
Keskinen, Helsinki | 5 star hotelfrom $119
- Good location, dated rooms
- The other Helsinki Hilton
- Passabile, ma non fantastico
Eteläinen, Helsinki | 3 star hotelfrom $124
- Great rooms for great price in great location~
- We had a great stay at the Helka
- Very nice
Kampinmalmi, Helsinki | 4 star hotelfrom $159
Eteläinen, Helsinki | 3 star hotelfrom $159
Eteläinen, Helsinki | 4 star hotelfrom $137
- Not so good as they say!
- PERFECT IN EVERY WAY! LOTS OF ATTENTION TO DETAIL AND EXCELLENT FRIENDLY STAFF!
- Loved GLO!
Vironniemi, Helsinki | 3 star hotelfrom $93
- Buena relación calidad-precio en el Hotel Arthur de Helsinki
- Nice city-hotel
- Ich warte auf wiedersehen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vatican City, Helsinki | 4 star hotelfrom $172
- Great hotel with good prices
- Very nice design hotel
- Hätte nicht besser sein können
Vironniemi, Helsinki | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- Preis-Leistung und Lage großartig
- Great value and location
- A very nice hotel
Veromaentie 1, Helsinki | 3 star hotelfrom $105
Eteläinen, Helsinki | 3 star hotelfrom $105