Travel Blogs from Athens
... cars have the back of the car sticking out into intersections. We saw one car trying to park and he just inched forward until he hit the car in front and then got out and walked away. We walked to the Athens War Museum and when we came out, all the main roads were blocked for some event. There is no notification that these things are going ...
... the tour gals
We are traveling on a city sightseeing bus. We went to the Acropolis but only viewed it, passing on the long, uphill climb in the heat.
Athens is heaven for an olive lover!!
What are the two gifts we received from the Greeks both beginning with ...
... is a construction site and the Parthenon has apparently been under repair for years (decades), and will continue to be so. However, good to visit and views from the hilltop were outstanding. Amongst other things, the popular sights as well as the hills that were set on fire by a couple of beekeepers. The sights in the city, status and temples (ruins) are good to see, as we some of the archeological sites that are under glass, literally on the street. The queue to the museum ...
... take out a few items and shove them into backpacks and then the AirItalia lady will accept them. Louise helps out by reefing clothes out of her bag and putting them on to wear. Never mind that the weight will still be going on the plane (obviously). And while all this craziness is going on, the AirItalia lady starts asking us if we would hurry and could we please move along. WTF. WE are rearranging the bags and they are not yet checked in - how can we 'move on'? Grrrr.
... down the boundaries between Kathak and contemporary dance.
The roots of their techniques go back centuries, their traditions open up a vast fan of cultures, and yet they fall into step with astonishing ease. For there is an invisible thread, a shared lineage, which connects these two traditions with their foot stamps and circular hand movements, their abrupt rhythmic changes ...
Other places to stay in Athens
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $106
- Awful Service, Average Hotel
- Great base for Athens
Neos Kosmos, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $139
- Wonderful Hotel - an oasis of calm compared to the heat and chaos of the city
- Very Nice Place
- The most immaculate hotel ever
1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $163
- Best in Athens
- One word: Superb
????? 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Horrible rooms and breakfast
- Good location, Small clean rooms
- Nice Value
43 Kifissias Avenue, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $34
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $125
- Nice, but......
- AWESOME stay
- Location, location, location
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $385
- Rich Opulence Details
- The Absolute Best!
Παλαιού Φαλήρου, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $103
- A Cruise/Conference Hotel
- Big Hotel
- Good Hotel, Nice breakfast and toiletteries
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $159
- This hotel is super, and I know what I talk about
- Greco Imperial OK, No local flavor
- Dissapointed-definetely not a 5 star hotel.
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $87
- Convenient location next to the Metro
- Want a rooftop pool in Athens?
- Great place to stay
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $114
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $127
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $92
- Enjoyed the stay
- Great Rooftop Pool
- Una maravilla de piscina
Makriyanni, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $106
- 3 blocks from acropolis--great location
- Best Part of this hotel was the bartender, Fotis
- Close to Acropolis, but average hotel
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $104
Kolonaki, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Would not stay here again
- Oh what a hill...
- Good location in Athens, nice 4/5* hotel
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- Enjoyed my stay....
- Quite Impressed! Really Enjoyed Our Stay
- There is no rooftop pool!!
Αθήνα 6, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $46
Omonia Square, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $68
- Arachnophopbes beware
- Was very pleasantly surprised
- Dorian was good
Omonia Square, Athens | 3 star hotelfrom $52
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $93
- Terrible Hotel
- The Worst Customer Service EVER!
- No es un cinco estrellas
Syntagma Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $134
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $116
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $166
- Excellant hotel
- Great Value and Wonderful Location
- Incredibly Perfect Location - Luxurious & Fun
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $53
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $124
- Loved this Hip Hotel
- Fresh attitude
- Great for the price