Travel Blogs from Montreal
Uneventful trip to Montreal and the airport. This time found parking area easily and shuttle came quickly. Dinner at Airport forgetable but the beer and wine was good.
Chatting with retired man on his way to do that famous pilgrims walk in Spain
Not looking forward to this overnight flight ........but they wanted $2500 to upgrade to business class.........stay ...
... for the moment, just in case it changed its mind again, and headed out. To our continued good fortune, we immediately found a tourist office and got a map and identified locations of things we wanted to see. In this area, the architecture is a mix or old and new and streets are granite cobblestones in places and asphalt in others. There are lots of small cafés just like in France and gobs and gobs of souvenir shops everywhere. We walked the waterfront that ...
... most of the city dwelling planet lives in.
Poutine at the Winnie (Sir Winston Churchill Pub) isn't bad. No local beer on tap. Futball mad folks all over the place. Apparently the Alsace-Lorraine can be forgiven for one night.
While riding today, I got a big thumbs up from a guy in a 993. And a look of who is that dude from a kid riding in the backseat of a 997 Turbo. Riding into Corner Brook, NL to get gas, I passed a kid about 3 out for ...
We woke up bright and early and took a day trip to Montreal to do some more work on the apartment but we didn't really do much work. We went and had crepes for breakfast downtown and then walked around for a bit.Some stuff had to be done so we went back and got some lighting and tiling done and then went to one of the nicest churches i have ever been to Oratoire st joseph at the south end of mont royal. The church was huge and definitely the most modern i have ever seen. It ...
We woke up this morning to LOTS of snow, can't open the back door or we'll end up with a big pile of it in the kitchen. Snow ploughs have been busy clearing the streets (they use cute mini ones to clear the pavements) and lots of people busy uncovering their cars (which looks like quite a big job). Impressively the buses were running so we decided to go into the city to the Gallery of Contemporary Art, we then made our way to the old town via ...
Other places to stay in Montreal
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $192
- An anniversary getaway to remember!
- Couln't ask for more
- Chateau Champlain was wonderful!
Jeanne-Mance, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $127
- We were very pleasantly surprised with the Holiday Inn Midtown
- Great place
- Not awful at all
Downtown, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $161
- Always stay here!
- The View? Cheers! The Staff? Jeers!
- Wonderful stay
Saint-Jacques, Montreal | 5 star hotelfrom $168
- Great Hotel
- There are better options in Montreal
- Rude service, dust on the curtains and mold in the bathroom
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $181
- Avoid this place if you can
- The Good and the Bad
- Excellent location and much more
Square Mile, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $183
- Great way to end our trip!
- Not a 4-star hotel
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $183
- Only tried the revolving restaurant
- A nice place for families
- Right in between St. Catherines and Vieux-Montreal
Saint-Laurent, Aspen | 4 star condofrom $110
Peter-McGill, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $172
- The best in Montreal
- Omini Mont Royal Just Right
- Great weekend getaway
Downtown, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $164
- We recommend this hotel
- A pleasant surprise
- Hotel was good enough for our stay
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $180
- Loved every moment
- Couldn't be better
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Best Location For Gay Village
- Tired Hotel
- Beautiful, Clean, Great service
Square Mile, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $140
- Nice, inexpensive hotel
- Gestapo at the front desk
- Cantlie ignorance
Square Mile, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $209
- Rather Impressed
- Beds to die for..
- Terrific French Hotel in the Quintessential French City
Saint-Laurent, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $120
Square Mile, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $138
- Small but servicable
- Small with Big Attitude
- Excellent location
Ville-Marie, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $138
- Good price, good location
- Pricy but worth it!!!
- Not a wonderful experience
Downtown, Montreal | 2 star hotelfrom $98
- Get what you pay for
- Tiny rooms filled up with smoke
- Tiny Room and Shower
Jeanne-Mance, Montreal | 5 star hotelfrom $167
Square Mile, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $142
- Would not stay at this hotel again.
- Very nice
- If you are looking for Peace and Relaxation. STAY AWAY from it
Square Mile, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $109
- Not as bad as these reviews say...
- Not as advertised...
- Recommended to friends
Vieux-Montreal, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $169
- Great location and lovely suite
- Una excelente ubicación y una suite encantadora.
- Trčs bon emplacement et suite ravissante
Le Plateau-Mont-Royal, Montreal | 2 star hotelfrom $105
Peter-McGill, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $117
Cote-des-Neiges-Notre-Dame-de-Grace, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $151
Quartier Latin, Montreal | 2 star hotelfrom $138
- Highly Recommend!!
- Nice stay
- Great Stay!