Travel Blogs from Montreal
... it was, of course, a copy, of which there happens to be a few around. The other paintings were nothing to sneeze at either and we lingered there 'til near noon.
Being near The Ritz on Sherbrooke Street, we staged a photo op for Bob Semken's benefit (too early for a cocktail even for us) and said bonjour for Shirley.
For lunch, we scored a little spot on nearby ...
... line. I had somebody drop me at the metro where I rode the subway downtown. The trains have windows to allow you to look into each other carriage, and they run on rubber not steel wheels.
Once downtown I had to navigate to find my hotel close to the metro station. The roads and ...
... Royal, the triple peaked hill in the heart of the city.
Like New York, Montreal is an island. The Saint Lawrence and Ottawa River converge here. French is the city's official language although many people speak both French and English. Most signage us in French but most menus in restaurants are written in both French and English.
We walked to Old Montreal which is the oldest area in the city. There are many historic buildings ...
... centre and bought a 6 pack and made our way through those before heading to another bar made out to be an arcade. It had a heap of games in it like basketball, foosball, and some others.At this point we thought it was time to get a jug and keep drinking but I'm 100% certain i couldn't talk. That was the cue for me to leave. A 20 minute walk took me an hour to get home and i stumbled i the door at 1am much to Jenny's ...
... decided not to worry about it, we went upstairs and I checked in for my flight with the suitcase I now had, and we headed off to Stella's cafe for a delicious dinner. There was so much to share about! It was just as well we had 3 hours or so to do it in. Jen is a huge Chuck fan too, so wanted to hear all about my experiences meeting Zachary Levi. I finally gave her season five of Chuck, which I'd been hanging on to as I'd hoped to find time to finish watching it after ...
Other places to stay in Montreal
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $192
- An anniversary getaway to remember!
- Couln't ask for more
- Chateau Champlain was wonderful!
420 Sherbrooke Street West, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $94
- We were very pleasantly surprised with the Holiday Inn Midtown
- Great place
- Not awful at all
Downtown, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $161
- Always stay here!
- The View? Cheers! The Staff? Jeers!
- Wonderful stay
Saint-Jacques, Montreal | 5 star hotelfrom $168
- Great Hotel
- There are better options in Montreal
- Rude service, dust on the curtains and mold in the bathroom
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $181
- Avoid this place if you can
- The Good and the Bad
- Excellent location and much more
Square Mile, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $183
- Great way to end our trip!
- Not a 4-star hotel
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $183
- Only tried the revolving restaurant
- A nice place for families
- Right in between St. Catherines and Vieux-Montreal
Saint-Laurent, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $110
Peter-McGill, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $172
- The best in Montreal
- Omini Mont Royal Just Right
- Great weekend getaway
Downtown, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $164
- We recommend this hotel
- A pleasant surprise
- Hotel was good enough for our stay
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $180
- Loved every moment
- Couldn't be better
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Best Location For Gay Village
- Tired Hotel
- Beautiful, Clean, Great service
Square Mile, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $140
- Nice, inexpensive hotel
- Gestapo at the front desk
- Cantlie ignorance
Square Mile, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $209
- Rather Impressed
- Beds to die for..
- Terrific French Hotel in the Quintessential French City
Saint-Laurent, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $120
Square Mile, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $138
- Small but servicable
- Small with Big Attitude
- Excellent location
Ville-Marie, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $138
- Good price, good location
- Pricy but worth it!!!
- Not a wonderful experience
Downtown, Montreal | 2 star hotelfrom $98
- Get what you pay for
- Tiny rooms filled up with smoke
- Tiny Room and Shower
Jeanne-Mance, Montreal | 5 star hotelfrom $167
Square Mile, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $142
- Would not stay at this hotel again.
- Very nice
- If you are looking for Peace and Relaxation. STAY AWAY from it
1155 rue Guy, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $65
- Not as bad as these reviews say...
- Not as advertised...
- Recommended to friends
Vieux-Montreal, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $169
- Great location and lovely suite
- Una excelente ubicación y una suite encantadora.
- Trčs bon emplacement et suite ravissante
Le Plateau-Mont-Royal, Montreal | 2 star hotelfrom $105
Peter-McGill, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $117
Cote-des-Neiges-Notre-Dame-de-Grace, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $151
155 Rene Levesque Boulevard East, Montreal | 2 star hotelfrom $119
- Highly Recommend!!
- Nice stay
- Great Stay!