Travel Blogs from Montreal
... the heavy snow
and extremely cold winter this part of the world had this year and as the train
climbs ever higher there are still many small traces of packed snow. Apart from
this snow this area of Canada that we are travelling through is also extremely
flooded and at times I was amazed that it was even possible to build a railway
through such flooded areas. For many hundreds of miles it was like we were
travelling through a flooded lake area.
... before we treated ourselves with a Canadian Starbucks coffee. When we got back to the hostel, the others were taking a powernap. The combination of climbing a mountain and eating poutine made them sleep like babies, so it took us a while to get everyone out of bed. Once everyone was ready to go we took the metro to the Montreal Chinatown where I enjoyed a delicious duck dinner in restaurant Bejing. We spent the whole evening laughing and sharing stories and ...
... early history of Montreal and Canada.
Called into a nice little restaurant for a bowl of coffee and shared a warm apple turnover. Not too many photos today, as it is too cold to take off my gloves and stand still for the 3 seconds necessary to focus. We spent so much time at the museum, it was time to go home. We annoyed the commuters (and me) by running for, ...
So, in theory, getting at plane at 6:45 am on a Sunday morning sounds like a good plan, and a great way to save a couple of dollars. In practice, however, it's a good way to lose your mind.
After getting up with my 5 year old on Saturday, spending a day with her and family, driving several hundred kilometers and sleeping a total of 2 ...
Yet again another good day. Weather was better than expected, no rain! Had a good run this morning although it was so heavy and close... Unbelievably humid here. Cooked successfully this morning with Tiphanie for breakfast, then went with Amélie to her friend's appartment to drop off her stuff before going to a Tam-Tam music thing in the Mont Royal park which takes places most ...
Other places to stay in Montreal
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $192
- An anniversary getaway to remember!
- Couln't ask for more
- Chateau Champlain was wonderful!
420 Sherbrooke Street West, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $94
- We were very pleasantly surprised with the Holiday Inn Midtown
- Great place
- Not awful at all
Downtown, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $161
- Always stay here!
- The View? Cheers! The Staff? Jeers!
- Wonderful stay
Saint-Jacques, Montreal | 5 star hotelfrom $168
- Great Hotel
- There are better options in Montreal
- Rude service, dust on the curtains and mold in the bathroom
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $181
- Avoid this place if you can
- The Good and the Bad
- Excellent location and much more
Square Mile, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $183
- Great way to end our trip!
- Not a 4-star hotel
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $183
- Only tried the revolving restaurant
- A nice place for families
- Right in between St. Catherines and Vieux-Montreal
Saint-Laurent, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $110
Peter-McGill, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $172
- The best in Montreal
- Omini Mont Royal Just Right
- Great weekend getaway
Downtown, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $164
- We recommend this hotel
- A pleasant surprise
- Hotel was good enough for our stay
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $180
- Loved every moment
- Couldn't be better
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Best Location For Gay Village
- Tired Hotel
- Beautiful, Clean, Great service
Square Mile, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $140
- Nice, inexpensive hotel
- Gestapo at the front desk
- Cantlie ignorance
Square Mile, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $209
- Rather Impressed
- Beds to die for..
- Terrific French Hotel in the Quintessential French City
Saint-Laurent, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $120
Square Mile, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $138
- Small but servicable
- Small with Big Attitude
- Excellent location
Ville-Marie, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $138
- Good price, good location
- Pricy but worth it!!!
- Not a wonderful experience
Downtown, Montreal | 2 star hotelfrom $98
- Get what you pay for
- Tiny rooms filled up with smoke
- Tiny Room and Shower
Jeanne-Mance, Montreal | 5 star hotelfrom $167
Square Mile, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $142
- Would not stay at this hotel again.
- Very nice
- If you are looking for Peace and Relaxation. STAY AWAY from it
1155 rue Guy, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $65
- Not as bad as these reviews say...
- Not as advertised...
- Recommended to friends
Vieux-Montreal, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $169
- Great location and lovely suite
- Una excelente ubicación y una suite encantadora.
- Trčs bon emplacement et suite ravissante
Le Plateau-Mont-Royal, Montreal | 2 star hotelfrom $105
Peter-McGill, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $117
7655 Decarie Blvd, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $107
155 Rene Levesque Boulevard East, Montreal | 2 star hotelfrom $119
- Highly Recommend!!
- Nice stay
- Great Stay!