Travel Blogs from Montreal
... By the time I left, I was able to say that Playa is the place that made me understand and appreciate life.
I'm not sure how much of this I'll gain from this all-inclusive trip, but I do know one thing - nobody does the all-inclusive thing like I do, and you readers will be fully entertained by the angle I choose to see and tell things in...and very possibly, by the occasional drunk post, en español...
So, follow along and say hi from time to time.
... around for a while trying to find a pathed route but Montreal (and Norther America so far in my experience) does not cater for disabilities. So we turned around and went back down the hill. (I later found out that Canadians do not appreciate it being referred to as a hill, it is a Mountain!) Samuel wanted to go shopping as I had promised him the day before that I would buy some caramel popcorn. So he was a man on a mission. We found an entrance to the underground ...
... some pretty awesome art to check out. Here's our tour of the night, with a little stopover at the Quartier des Spectacles to check out the revellers in the snow, and an interlude at St.James, where we enjoy the harmonies of the choir while we warm up. Enjoy.
... all word of mouth. Apparently even Brad Pitt collaborated with Kiehl's to create some new product. I asked if she got to meet Brad Pitt. She said no. We both agreed this was extremely unfair. So now I just need a pimple so I can try my product - be careful what you wish for! Of course, I'm sure if I look in the illuminated, magnifying mirror ...... Last night Glen was asked for directions, in French, by a girl. Wherever we go, we are asked for directions. I don't know ...
... You don't hear many. One of the hotel staff told us there was no crime in Montreal. I'm sure that's an exaggeration but the feel is definitely safer than Manhattan. Speaking of fire trucks, the NSW fires are all over the news here at the moment. There are still a lot of homeless people and beggars sitting around though making the place look untidy. I'd heard about an area of Montreal called the Latin Quarter which is supposed to be very French which all sounds a ...
Other places to stay in Montreal
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $192
- An anniversary getaway to remember!
- Couln't ask for more
- Chateau Champlain was wonderful!
Jeanne-Mance, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $127
- We were very pleasantly surprised with the Holiday Inn Midtown
- Great place
- Not awful at all
Downtown, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $161
- Always stay here!
- The View? Cheers! The Staff? Jeers!
- Wonderful stay
Saint-Jacques, Montreal | 5 star hotelfrom $168
- Great Hotel
- There are better options in Montreal
- Rude service, dust on the curtains and mold in the bathroom
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $181
- Avoid this place if you can
- The Good and the Bad
- Excellent location and much more
Square Mile, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $183
- Great way to end our trip!
- Not a 4-star hotel
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $183
- Only tried the revolving restaurant
- A nice place for families
- Right in between St. Catherines and Vieux-Montreal
Saint-Laurent, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $110
Peter-McGill, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $172
- The best in Montreal
- Omini Mont Royal Just Right
- Great weekend getaway
Downtown, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $164
- We recommend this hotel
- A pleasant surprise
- Hotel was good enough for our stay
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $180
- Loved every moment
- Couldn't be better
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Best Location For Gay Village
- Tired Hotel
- Beautiful, Clean, Great service
Square Mile, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $140
- Nice, inexpensive hotel
- Gestapo at the front desk
- Cantlie ignorance
Square Mile, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $209
- Rather Impressed
- Beds to die for..
- Terrific French Hotel in the Quintessential French City
Saint-Laurent, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $120
Square Mile, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $138
- Small but servicable
- Small with Big Attitude
- Excellent location
Ville-Marie, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $138
- Good price, good location
- Pricy but worth it!!!
- Not a wonderful experience
Downtown, Montreal | 2 star hotelfrom $98
- Get what you pay for
- Tiny rooms filled up with smoke
- Tiny Room and Shower
Jeanne-Mance, Montreal | 5 star hotelfrom $167
Square Mile, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $142
- Would not stay at this hotel again.
- Very nice
- If you are looking for Peace and Relaxation. STAY AWAY from it
Square Mile, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $109
- Not as bad as these reviews say...
- Not as advertised...
- Recommended to friends
Vieux-Montreal, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $169
- Great location and lovely suite
- Una excelente ubicación y una suite encantadora.
- Très bon emplacement et suite ravissante
3440 avenue du Parc, Montreal | 2 star hotelfrom $240
Peter-McGill, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $117
Cote-des-Neiges-Notre-Dame-de-Grace, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $151
Quartier Latin, Montreal | 2 star hotelfrom $138
- Highly Recommend!!
- Nice stay
- Great Stay!