Travel Blogs from London
Today has been an uneventful day as far as sightseeing, actually a bit of a rest day to a degree. As we past through Windsor in the 1st part of our tour we mailed a couple of boxes home, with the idea of lightening our cases and making some extra room. Well, Narelle's box made it home in almost record time, but mine has been missing. Narelle finally went online to the sight where you can track the goods, and mine had been returned to sender, that ...
... after us and Dave and Kendra offered us their tickets as their seats were better and closer to Aly and Jacquie. I felt really bad taking their seats but also really appreciated the gesture. Therefore, our seats were amazing! We were 4 or 5 rows from the stage on the left side. First up, starting at 4:15pm, was Chris Young, aka my future husband.O Of course he was amazing! The Band Perry was up next, followed by Rascal Flatts and Brad Paisley. The entire night was incredible. I ...
... and just getting home. Sure enough- we worked some magic- and we had a flights the whole way home with just stops in Dubai and Sydney. This meant we managed to get home for a much needed sleep around 5 on the 29th December. Which pretty much brings us to the end of the trip. We really did have a blast! We met some amazing people, saw amazing sites and had amazing food (mostly). Looking back, we both find it amazing to think we crammed so much into only three months ...
When we woke up today, we got ready and spent some time facebooking and trying to organise our day, before walking down to the tube, topping up our card a bit, and getting a tube down to Charing Cross. We walked out onto Trafalgar Square, where there were big fountains, lion statues, and a statue of a giant blue cock, and we met Amy!! We walked up the street together to a pub called Chandos, where we got a beer together, and had a good chat and a catch up ...
... and really enjoyed their exhibit! It was on the body, dance, choreography, and science. The exhibits were nearly all interactive through various different methods. I ran out of time as I got there pretty late but I really enjoyed it. I checked out of the hostel this morning and put my stuff in a locker downstairs. I'm planning to go to Primrose Hill this afternoon for a view of the city and check out Camden Town before heading to the airport. Off to Paris this evening ... au ...
Other places to stay in London
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $332
- Well worth the stay
- Different Hotel?
- Perfect location
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $282
- Potential at Park Plaza County Hall
- Poor value
- Great Anniversary Stay
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $223
- Great hotel! We'll definitely go again
- Exceeded my already high expectations
- Beautiful hotel with lots of problems
Fulham, London | 3 star hotelfrom $184
Clerkenwell, London | 3 star hotelfrom $188
- Great place
- Comfortable Clean and Friendly (and that's only the reviewer)
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $736
- A magical experience
- Close to perfection.
- Thanks debbie for showing us the real london
London East, London | 4 star hotelfrom $151
- One Star Service, Four Star Price
- Absolutely Brilliant
- Fab Hotel in a Fab location!
West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $490
- Overrated and Expensive
- Simply fantastic
- Errrrr... 5*s? I think not.
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $302
- Loved the Millenium Mayfair Hotel
- Great Location...Fine Hotel!
- Very nice hotel
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $326
- Unreliability - unlike British
- Warning: This hotel may be harmful to your vacation!
- Fantastic location and bath
Islington/Angel/King's Cross, London | 5 star hotelfrom $289
- Good, but not a place for an early night!
- Sleepless nights, noisy plumbing
- Great hotel - but I wasn't paying
Earls Court, London | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- I was pleasantly surprised
- Decent hotel, Copthorne Tara Kensington
- Priceline deal
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $229
- Excellent Stay
- Very good hotel
- Nice, modern hotel
Vincent Square, London | 4 star hotelfrom $239
- Clean, fresh and modern
- Enjoy your stay in London!
- Excellent Facilities, Staff Seem Eager to Please
Knightsbridge/Earl's Court/Kensington, London | 4 star hotelfrom $188
- Recommend highly...
- Great Hotel - In an Excellent area.
- Great room, fabulous price, wonderful location!
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $205
- Lovely honeymoon
- Surprisingly good hotel
- Awful, Awful, Awful
Clerkenwell, London | 2 star hotelfrom $195
- Clean and friendly
- Good value for money hotel - but poor food
- Not Bad At All
Marylebone High Street, London | 4 star hotelfrom $188
- Best hotel of my business trip
- Good Hotel!
- Really good hotel, but could be pricey
Victoria, London | 4 star hotelfrom $262
- Beware of "standard room"
- Great location, friendly staff.
Holborn, London | 5 star hotelfrom $443
- A perfect stay at a great rate
- Fantastic and Five-Star Fabulousness
- Classy hotel at a good price
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $302
- Ignore the other quite ridiculous reviews !
- This is not a 4 star hotel
- Very Impressed
Hyde Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $327
- Wonderful Views
- 5 STAR HOTEL
- Tiny room
Northwest/Regent Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $267
- Our Best Stay in Europe
- Okay as expected
- Very impressed
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $244
- Was better than I expected.
- Style and Luxury ! The best room I ever had in my life !
- Don't judge a Hotel by its exterior!
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $424
- Rude, prejudice and unhelpful.
- Nice rooms, decent price, polite staff
- Quite pleased
Westminster/Belgravia, London | 4 star hotelfrom $253
- Pleasent stay
- Very pleased!
- Great Experience