Travel Blogs from London
... terrenal despues del viaje artistico cosmico que me habia dado en el museo...eran las 2.30...ya debia emprender el regreso a Marble Arch para preparar mi vuelta a los pagos de Argentina....tenia arduo trabajo esperandome: meter todo en las valijas!!!!
Entonces singing in the rain, fui desandando nuevamente el camino: Regent Street, pasando por Piccadilly, continuando por Regent St, Oxford Circus, bajando resbalandome a mas no poder...por Oxford Street, con ...
... the next month or so and row over winter - not quite sure how that works though. But I do know, its going to be darn cold!
And of course London had the Olympics and Paralympics and was buzzing, the weather was great and the sport was absolutely brilliant. I watched a lot of the Olympics on TV, and of course it was mostly “Team GB” but the commentators were great, particularly our own Aussie Ian Thorpe. I also saw events on a big outdoor ...
I didn't get a chance to write a proper journal entry for my last day in London, but here's some of the things I did!
After spending the morning at the internet cafe near my hostel, I headed out to explore the western part of the city. I got the tube to the Portobello Road area and walked around trying to find Kensington Palace. I got a little lost and had to stop and ask for directions. I came across a nice Asian lady and thanks to her, I was quickly able to ...
... we finally reached the outskirts of the city. I'm going to need to go back that way at some point, but I managed a quick glimpse of the 2012 Olympic stadium. I can't believe its only two weeks away. The open ceremony is on my birthday. Pulling in at Liverpool Street station, I managed to successfully navigate the London Tube system. That is seriously like a whole other world down there. I'm going to get a proper look tomorrow I guess when I head over to my hostel I'll be staying ...
... war on our home land.
We went up to Kings Cross station, hoping to play a bit at finding Platform 9¾, only to find that you now have to have a ticket to get onto the platforms. Oh, well. We walked over to the British Library, where we spent about an hour looking around. I'm always amazed at some of the documents that are there: the napkin on which John Lennon scribbled the lyrics for "Yesterday"....Lewis ...
Other places to stay in London
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $133
- Well worth the stay
- Different Hotel?
- Perfect location
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotel
- Potential at Park Plaza County Hall
- Poor value
- Great Anniversary Stay
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $191
- Great hotel! We'll definitely go again
- Exceeded my already high expectations
- Beautiful hotel with lots of problems
Fulham, London | 3 star hotelfrom $190
Clerkenwell, London | 3 star hotelfrom $160
- Great place
- Comfortable Clean and Friendly (and that's only the reviewer)
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotel
- A magical experience
- Close to perfection.
- Thanks debbie for showing us the real london
London East, London | 4 star hotelfrom $118
- One Star Service, Four Star Price
- Absolutely Brilliant
- Fab Hotel in a Fab location!
West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $339
- Overrated and Expensive
- Simply fantastic
- Errrrr... 5*s? I think not.
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $284
- Loved the Millenium Mayfair Hotel
- Great Location...Fine Hotel!
- Very nice hotel
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $247
- Unreliability - unlike British
- Warning: This hotel may be harmful to your vacation!
- Fantastic location and bath
Islington/Angel/King's Cross, London | 5 star hotelfrom $233
- Good, but not a place for an early night!
- Sleepless nights, noisy plumbing
- Great hotel - but I wasn't paying
Earls Court, London | 4 star hotelfrom $69
- I was pleasantly surprised
- Decent hotel, Copthorne Tara Kensington
- Priceline deal
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $228
- Excellent Stay
- Very good hotel
- Nice, modern hotel
Vincent Square, London | 4 star hotelfrom $178
- Clean, fresh and modern
- Enjoy your stay in London!
- Excellent Facilities, Staff Seem Eager to Please
Knightsbridge/Earl's Court/Kensington, London | 4 star hotel$361 average
- Recommend highly...
- Great Hotel - In an Excellent area.
- Great room, fabulous price, wonderful location!
Victoria, London | 4 star hotelfrom $200
- Beware of "standard room"
- Great location, friendly staff.
Holborn, London | 5 star hotelfrom $314
- A perfect stay at a great rate
- Fantastic and Five-Star Fabulousness
- Classy hotel at a good price
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $184
- Lovely honeymoon
- Surprisingly good hotel
- Awful, Awful, Awful
Clerkenwell, London | 2 star hotelfrom $82
- Clean and friendly
- Good value for money hotel - but poor food
- Not Bad At All
Marylebone High Street, London | 4 star hotelfrom $154
- Best hotel of my business trip
- Good Hotel!
- Really good hotel, but could be pricey
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Ignore the other quite ridiculous reviews !
- This is not a 4 star hotel
- Very Impressed
Hyde Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $276
- Wonderful Views
- 5 STAR HOTEL
- Tiny room
Northwest/Regent Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $217
- Our Best Stay in Europe
- Okay as expected
- Very impressed
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $210
- Was better than I expected.
- Style and Luxury ! The best room I ever had in my life !
- Don't judge a Hotel by its exterior!
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $339
- Rude, prejudice and unhelpful.
- Nice rooms, decent price, polite staff
- Quite pleased
Westminster/Belgravia, London | 4 star hotelfrom $208
- Pleasent stay
- Very pleased!
- Great Experience