Travel Blogs from London
... I worked damn hard to be in a position where I could take on a 3 month internship. I travelled all over London, I saw sports I never even knew existed, I interviewed GB Olympians, went on photo shoots, coordinated media and wrote sport articles. I watched in great entertainment as the Britts attempted to explain their summer to me, why one must wear ‘flip flops’ and eat icy poles on the first official day of summer, even if it’s ...
... great hall, lit for filming. The long dining tables for Gryfindor and Slytherin on my left and right respectively. Mannequins out the front wearing the costumes of teachers, costumes that actors from the films actually wore. Gargoyles resembling the mascot of each house hung from the wall, each holding a torch. Tourists flooded in from the back, but Luckily I was at the front and therefore had a chance to get some great photos.
We headed on into the next room afterwards, which ...
... with a view of the Thames. We are relaxing in the Executive Lounge until our room is ready at 10:30. I'll get pictures when we get in. The best part of the lounge is FREE PEPSI!!!! Met some great people already including a fellow Rick Steves follower. She had her book out and was doing research for her day. I'm ready to explore. Look out London, here I ...
... to do? Thank goodness a train staff member popped around the corner and said they were ordering taxis to take people to a station further up th line. We had to fight off an old lady with two small children to get into the next taxi? Eventually we made it back to London but now only had 30 minutes to make it to the Grenadier Guards museum before it closed.
As usual, we came out of the tube stop and this time we double checked the map on the ...
August 23 Saturday London That was a long sleep, awaking quite sore and weary, hence a late breakfast at 10 am. Fay finished her second book having a nice lie in. It was a beautiful fine day so a slight re-schedule of our impeccable planning, resulted in pre booking tickets to The London Eye for 5.30pm. A cold weather forecast for a min of 1deg has been forecast for tonight, with our intentions to get home early. Onto our Angel underground train ride. Fay seriously has trouble getting ...
Other places to stay in London
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $332
- Well worth the stay
- Different Hotel?
- Perfect location
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $282
- Potential at Park Plaza County Hall
- Poor value
- Great Anniversary Stay
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $223
- Great hotel! We'll definitely go again
- Exceeded my already high expectations
- Beautiful hotel with lots of problems
Fulham, London | 3 star hotelfrom $184
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $736
- A magical experience
- Close to perfection.
- Thanks debbie for showing us the real london
Clerkenwell, London | 3 star hotelfrom $188
- Great place
- Comfortable Clean and Friendly (and that's only the reviewer)
London East, London | 4 star hotelfrom $151
- One Star Service, Four Star Price
- Absolutely Brilliant
- Fab Hotel in a Fab location!
West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $490
- Overrated and Expensive
- Simply fantastic
- Errrrr... 5*s? I think not.
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $302
- Loved the Millenium Mayfair Hotel
- Great Location...Fine Hotel!
- Very nice hotel
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $326
- Unreliability - unlike British
- Warning: This hotel may be harmful to your vacation!
- Fantastic location and bath
Islington/Angel/King's Cross, London | 5 star hotelfrom $289
- Good, but not a place for an early night!
- Sleepless nights, noisy plumbing
- Great hotel - but I wasn't paying
Earls Court, London | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- I was pleasantly surprised
- Decent hotel, Copthorne Tara Kensington
- Priceline deal
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $229
- Excellent Stay
- Very good hotel
- Nice, modern hotel
Vincent Square, London | 4 star hotelfrom $239
- Clean, fresh and modern
- Enjoy your stay in London!
- Excellent Facilities, Staff Seem Eager to Please
Knightsbridge/Earl's Court/Kensington, London | 4 star hotelfrom $188
- Recommend highly...
- Great Hotel - In an Excellent area.
- Great room, fabulous price, wonderful location!
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $205
- Lovely honeymoon
- Surprisingly good hotel
- Awful, Awful, Awful
Clerkenwell, London | 2 star hotelfrom $195
- Clean and friendly
- Good value for money hotel - but poor food
- Not Bad At All
Marylebone High Street, London | 4 star hotelfrom $188
- Best hotel of my business trip
- Good Hotel!
- Really good hotel, but could be pricey
Victoria, London | 4 star hotelfrom $262
- Beware of "standard room"
- Great location, friendly staff.
Holborn, London | 5 star hotelfrom $443
- A perfect stay at a great rate
- Fantastic and Five-Star Fabulousness
- Classy hotel at a good price
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $302
- Ignore the other quite ridiculous reviews !
- This is not a 4 star hotel
- Very Impressed
Hyde Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $327
- Wonderful Views
- 5 STAR HOTEL
- Tiny room
Northwest/Regent Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $267
- Our Best Stay in Europe
- Okay as expected
- Very impressed
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $244
- Was better than I expected.
- Style and Luxury ! The best room I ever had in my life !
- Don't judge a Hotel by its exterior!
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $424
- Rude, prejudice and unhelpful.
- Nice rooms, decent price, polite staff
- Quite pleased
Westminster/Belgravia, London | 4 star hotelfrom $253
- Pleasent stay
- Very pleased!
- Great Experience