Hotel Domominore | Country Hotel
No prices found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
How has this hotel rated in the past?
- Continental Breakfast
- Adjoining Rooms
- Wireless internet connection in room (free)
- Free High-Speed Internet
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
Photos of Hotel Domominore | Country Hotel
Historical Traveler Reviews Big Moose Inn Eagle Bay
My wife and I have just returned from a weeks holiday at the Light Blue Hotel (its ochre in colour!) and found the whole experience to be very relaxing. We had read the previous reviews about poor service etc and approached the holiday with some trepidation. However we were very pleasantly surprised. Yes, the hotel is in a field. Yes, it is away from the towns. Yes, it's quiet at night. If you're looking for hustle & bustle and absorbing nightlife, this hotel is not for you.
The owner and her staff couldn't have been more helpful. We dined twice whilst staying there and each time we were asked our preferences and were served with tasty local dishes, prepared by the owner herself.
The hotel is spotlessly clean, the bedroom size was adequate for the amount of time spent there and the bathroom couldn't be faulted. I agree about the lack of soundproofing but it's a small inconvenience despite the guy next door snoring loudly.
If you are considering this hotel bear in mind you will need a car for sheer convenience (and also to get the most out of the area). There are a number of larger hotels around which are also isolated so a car is necessary wherever you stay outside of Alghero.
For a thoroughly relaxing and peaceful holiday this hotel warrants serious consideration.
Mai piu in questo hotel!!
Vi sconsiglio vivamente l'alloggio in questo hotel, poichè io e il mio ragazzo ci siamo trovati veramente male qui.
Innanzi tutto il mare non è ad 800 metri come scritto nel sito dell'hotel ma a quasi 2 km, quindi non raggiungibile a piedi, fatto per cui noi abbiamo dovuto nolegiare un motorino.
Le camere dell'hotel sono molto scarse, piccole e messe male, non c'è il frigo bar ,il telefono manca, il phon è orrendo e le saponette non te le rimettono. Gli asciugamani non vengono cambiati regolarmente,e la biancheria viene cambiata ogni 3 giorni.
La colazione " con i prodotti della nostra campagna" non è altro che caffè, briosche confezionate , tortine confezionate, prosciutto cotto e basta :| !
Inoltre l'hotel non è sempre aperto come c'è scritto nel sito.. di notte non c'è il portiere. quindi ti lasciano la chiave in un tavolino su un'altra entrata.... E qui viene il bello: uno degli ultimi giorni dellanostra permanenza non ci hanno lasciato la chiave fuori!! Quindi alltre 2 di notte a girare per l'hotel a un certo punto sento un rumore in una stanza e provo a chiedere a questa signora se sa dov'è la titolare . Era lei. Antipatica come non mai apre la reception e ci da la chiave.
La mattina seguente per finire in bellezza ci dice con tono arrogante : "MA non lo avete capito che la chiave dovete portarvela dietro?? " e noi : " ma come dietro???" Ha detto che la chiave era nostra quindi dovevamo portarla fuori sempre e noi si detto che per educazione non lo abbiamo mai fatto, e che comunque al benvenuto dell'hotel ci avevano detto tutt'altro modo. Al che vorrei fare una domanda a questa signora... Ma se perdevo la chiave quanto dovevo darle?? No perchè se perdo una cosa MIA non succede niente..ma se perdevo quella che lei diceva essere mia volevo vedere quanto era capace di chiedere!!!!
In ultima cosa , ci siamo fatti una bella doccia tutti e 2 di circa 15 minuti ciascuno sempre la sera in cui siamo rimasti chiusi fuori , e ci ha detto che pensava che qualcuno avesse lasciato l'acqua accesa e che cosi non si fa e che ce l'avrebbe messa in conto se lo rifacevamo... Ora è una cosa normale???
L'esterno è anche carino, ma vi sconsiglio proprio proprio di andarci... ce ne sono tanti meglio e il piu conveniente è prenderlo al centro di alghero... anche perchè qui sei contornato da campi e isolato dal mondo!!!
Rispondo alla Sua recensione apparsa sul sito tripadvisor.com.
Ha ragione quando si riferisce alla distanza dal mare, ma il sito non era stato aggiornato e la vecchia gestione aveva inserito dati non veritieri. Stiamo provvedendo a modificare tutte le informazioni inesatte.
Le camere sono quelle di un albergo di 3 stelle. La pregherei di specificare meglio cosa significa"messe male". Le camere sono dignitose e non hanno nulla da invidiare ad altre camere d'albergo della medesima categoria.
E' vero, manca il frigobar ed il telefono, ma oggigiorno tutti posseggono il cellulare e non abbiamo mai negato l'uso del telefono del ricevimento. Per quello che riguarda il frigobar, non siamo obbligati ad averlo per un albergo di tre stelle.
Il phon è semplice, moderno e nuovo come si trova in quasi tutti gli alberghi.
Le saponette quando finiscono, sono sempre rifornite. Se sono utilizzate una volta sola, per una politica sia economica che ecologica, non vengono scartate.
Il cambio della biancheria avviene ogni 3 giorni.
La colazione è a buffet e comprende: Brioche croccanti appena sfornate, burro, marmellate, pane fresco, latte freddo e caldo, tè, vari succhi di frutta, fette biscottate, crostate, caffé, fontina e prosciutto cotto.
L'albergo rimane aperto tutto l'anno. L'Hotel è un piccolo albergo di 13 camere e non c'è il portiere notturno. Raccomandiamo alla nostra clientela di prendere le chiavi della stanza in modo che possano rientrare a qualsiasi ora. Non abbiamo mai chiesto nulla in caso che qualcuno perdesse il pass del cancello o la chiave della stanza.
Il nostro Hotel riceve ospiti di riguardo, clienti affezionati che chiedono solo di passare una vacanza in tranquillità. Non possono essere disturbati dalle 2.00 alle 4.00 di notte con schiamazzi, docce infinite e rumori non definiti. Spero di aver esaudito tutte le Sue preplessità.
'£30 euros a bowl of salad'
Where do I start, only to reiterate what previous bad reviews have already said.
1. Based by a main road ( highway) with no near amenities and only 5 mins from airport.
2. Definitely need a car to get anywhere therefore we ended up getting a cab everynight into town and back £20 euros each way. The same could be said for the misleading info of 800 metres to the sea...Please!!!
3. The indiference of the manageress, told us to walk into town on our first night as not far. We did......on a highway with no pavements 3/4 of an hour pitch black middle of nowhere, speeding cars, practically a suicide mission ( therefore cabs in and out from there on).
4. £7 euros a night for airconditioning in rooms....a must because stifling otherwise.
5. Cold coffee and very basic breakfast, bare essentials.
6. As there were no shops near by and we had no means of transport she offered to make us a lunch ( salad) on the first day. It wouldn't have fed 1 and a half people, let alone 3. It was very basic, lettuce, tomato, half a small tin of tuna, a bit of mozzarella...£30 euros. We were stunned. Needless to say we didn't have it again ( cheaper in the town restaurants at night).
7. Manageress started shouting at us one night when we returned from town one night ( we had not been drinking alcohol and literally were going up to our room). She accused us of making noise and shouted at us for 5 minutes in Italian which we did not understand. She then went downstairs once she realised there were new arrivals who had been trying to enter their room (hence the noise). The manageress did apologise to us the next day but her reaction was way out of proportion to the alleged offence....very unstable person!!! Something out of Norman Bates hotel..[---].!! It was surreal.
All in all, the manageress made you feel you should be grateful for her allowing us to stay rather than appreciating we were indeed paying customers. On more than one occassion she reminded us that she ran a 3 star establishment and not a 4 star as if to say we should be grateful for what we had. Although the mountains behind were lovely and pool empty every day as everyone with a car went travelling to places with more amenities. We felt isolated and were stranded and could only afford cabs to and from town once a day ( evening).
The beautiful rustic scenery did not comensate for being only 5 minutes away from airport , speeding car traffic noise, miles away from any shops/town and needing transport, the unhelpfulness from the staff...they seemed to be working in some 'Italian Mean time' they served you when they felt like it and left you standing in lobby for ages before they acknowledged you.
A truely one off experience...not forgetting £30 euros a bowl of salad!!!
Horrible. Spend Your Money Elsewhere.
Listen to the more critical reviews written before me. They are correct. Problems we had:
- The hotel is in the middle of a field and is 3 KM from the beach and there are no sidewalks along the road so a car is a must. (2 KM into fertilia and another KM after that)
- There is no soundproofing for the rooms so most everything you do can be heard by other guests. This wasn't as much a problem for us because we had the AC running continuously our entire stay. (AC was 7 Euro per night and she gave us the impression she made up the price especially for us)
- The woman running the hotel tried to keep our passports but her husband/boyfriend was nice enough to give them back
- The passport problem along with our decision not to hire a car from their company (of which they get a kickback) made her hostile towrds us. We informed her of our decision to rent from the airport and she walked away cursing in Italian.
- Our last night we were talking about our final plans and packing/preparing for bed at about 1 am and the woman running the joint informs us we are too loud by banging on our door with her fist then forcefully trying to open the door. When I went out she told me I needed to "shut my mouth" and that the cops had already been called. (False threat of course)
- Towels are changed every fourth day so if you stay only three nights you don't see new towels. They also have it posted that the maids check towels and you are charged if they are missing. Fair enough (You can get around it by taking towels with you after the maid has visited from noon to 3pm)
- Dinner is 25 Euro per person and must be ordered at breakfast. We did not eat dinner there so we can not comment on quality.
- Breakfast was rather disappointing. Served from 8-10am, there was some cereal, milk, a juice close to OJ but not quite, and some sub par coffee. A few packaged goodies and some bread that tasted stale.
- The shower is very small while the bathroom itself is a good size. I am a bigger guy so I found showering to be very tough. My girlfriend did not, though she admits it is small.
- Rooms are fairly small but clean with no safe. The cabinet locks but it was a simple mechanism that could easily have been opened with a flat screwdriver.
- There are 8 covered spots for parking but there is some yard equipment blocking two of them and with every guest renting a car the parking can get quite tricky and tight as there is only a small L shaped road and only one entrance that operates for the property.
Hotel is about 4 KM from the airport which is nice because while driving you just head towards the airport, then to the hotel. Fertilia is extremely dull but has a terrific restaraunt call Acquario at the end of it's main street. It's very quiet at light blue with no atmosphere whatsoever, especially at night. It has a pool but we did not use it. My suggestion is to either stay in Alghero where you will be driving to most of the time or stay in a better hotel that is actually on the beach. The beaches in Sardinia were absolutely amazing and were worth the hassle, but don't make the same mistake we did.
Basic, Clean, Modern if a little out of way
This is a lovely new modern built hotel, spotlessly clean with a lovely pool and tennis court. A hire car would be recommended as it is out of the way for the town of Alghero itself (12-15mins) but is very handy for the airport (5 mins drive). We had a hire car which was handy however we spoke to another couple also staying there and they got taxis each day into the town which worked out quite expensive for them.
The staff were very friendly though little english, the owner or manageress had good english and was very friendly and helpful. If you want to eat dinner there you need to let them know at check in or breakfast that day so they can get the numbers together for later. Breakfast is a contintental buffet, basic but adequate and whilst we didn't eat dinner there reports from other guests were good.
The rooms were spotlessly clean, modernly decorated with typical Sardinian furniture, there was a large wardrobe, bedside lockers & chair, the room was spacious enough and the beds were really comfortable. The bathroom was quite large, again spotless with a shower cubicle, WC, bidet, sink & overhead light. Toiletries were also provided.
Being so close to the airport we were surprised that there was no aircraft noise from within the hotel given the fact the planes fly over when coming in to land however if you are sitting out on the terrace or at the pool you will experience noise though this is only to be expected and the number of aircraft flying in is too minimal to be disruptive.
All in all this is an ideal hotel for an overnight stopover as we used it or for a long weekend break once you have a hire car. We certainly would have no problem using it again as it offers excellent accommodation at affordable prices.
A breath of fresh air
For us, the Light Blue hotel was like a breath of fresh air.
The decor is simple, classic mediterranean and the all facilities are cleaned to a high standard on a daily basis - but just talking about the facilities would not do this hotel and its staff justice.
The hotel Manager, Iride, and the rest of the staff (Marco, Mariella and Maria-Lussoria) made our holiday! To all of them we weren't just guests, they treated us like we were family -- introducing us to some fascinating local Sardinian people, giving my husband Sardian cookery lessons, teaching us Italian, and by spoiling us rotten by cooking the most amazing pasta, local seafood and even suckling pig!!!
If you are looking for a relaxing holiday, where you can meet some really interesting people and get to know them well -- this is the place to go.
Very disappointing - mainly due to the attitiude of staff, especially towards English guests. Air conditioning is NOT included in the price; the rooms are very small and stuffy. Towels are only changed about twice a week and there are notices up in English (but not Italian!) saying that guests will be charged if towels are removed from the rooms (fair enough - but it seems like they are only applying this to English guests).
Breakfast was rather disappointing - no fresh fruit etc. Evening meals were obviously aimed at English guests and far better ( and cheaper) meals could be found a short drive away.
The hotel receptionist wanted to keep our passports for the duration of the stay (this is illegal, especially since you are supposed to carry your passport at all times) and we had to argue to get them back - not what we wanted on holiday.
Overall, the hotel itself was OK (not wonderful, though) but we had the distinct impression that the owners just wanted to get as much money as they could out of the English guests they did not particularly welcome to their hotel.
Not 800mts to sea
First impressions nice hotel quite. Lovely pool. Hardly hear aircraft above.
Rooms basic and small. Breakfast basic cossiants jam yogurt,dried toast,tea,coffee,juice everyday. You can have an evening meal 25 euros each without wine. I prefered to eat just down the road in the HR Fertila Hotel which is 400mtrs the food was reasonable and better. No atmosphere at the hotel during the day. No music. No one in the bar. I spent most eveining plane spotting as I didnt have a car to go out. Nearest small town Fertila 2km walk for water,bread,cheese,etc and beach. No footpath very dangerous you need to be confident. Algerhero 10km can get there by bus.Orange bus need blue tickets, blue bus white tickets get them from kiosk in town. AF bus signs. Beaches very nice some seaweed in areas. Most understand English. Hire bikes 8 euros aday easy to get around.
Very hot not much rain allyear 34 degree plus at the moment. Hotel has air con which you have to pay 5 euros aday. Noisy at night I couldnt sleep for 4 nights due to doors slamming, furniture moving around, Italians chatting outside my window and above my room. Take earplugs! Not much to do around the area, you can go for a walk but everyhouse has a dog barking at you. Lovely views however, but not 800 mtrs to the beach as decribed.
Make sure to have a car
We stayed in light blue for a long weekend...
The hotel is nice enough - clean, modern etc. The owner was very friendly and helpful. He even gave us a lift in his car into the town centre on our first day which we appreciated. Breakfast was quite basic - nothing to get too excited about. They have a pool and a tennis court.
The "old town" of Alghero is very nice indeed - lots of tiny streets packed with shops. The main town with the "big shops" is in Sasari (30 mins away in car) if you need to do practical shopping.
We had originally thought we could get by without a rental car but you really will need one. The hotel is not close enough to anywhere to be able to walk and the buses are not so frequent (especially if you get stuck anywhere in the afternoon when Sardinia has a traditional siesta time) so we couldn't make best use of them. Taxi's cost over 22 Euro's per journey to or from the town center so we soon realised we could spend the Taxi money on a rental car to drive ourselves! I think Bicycles would be a cheaper fun way to get around (think 15 minutes to cycle to the town).
The hotel it's self was good very clean and tidy and the home made meals were excellent. It has a small familly run feel to it which we found really nice, the walk into Fertillia is quite easy although be warned there are no side walks and the motorets will ignore your presence luckilly it's a quiet road.
My advice is to go out of season if you want to have peace and quiet and hire a car, warning road signs have no distances! so you can end up having a long walk!!
TripAdvisor Reviews Big Moose Inn Eagle Bay
Travel Blogs from Alghero
... went to sit at our table - well the newly born italian in our midst (jeff) waved his hands arou d and made no no no sounds and they moved - they kept on giving him the evil eye.
Disaster again - no you can't have the hire car. Luckily Brown's to the rescue - upgraded to a bigger car and off we go.
Lovely little hotel in Bosa. 6 rooms. Unfortunately we have the two rooms on the top floor, more stairs.
We climbed the steps to the castello. ...
... while we climbed. Out for lunch and home to the cool. Guido and I are heading out to visit a local winery while the rest of the crew spend a few hours resting up. Looking forward to exploring some of the beautiful beaches along the coast around Alghero. Our meals have been the most magnificent seafood – yummo. Forgot to mention that on Friday on our way to Portoscuso we got pulled ...
... often named as one of the most beautiful villages in Italy. It was so beautiful, I could have stayed forever! The village is surrounded by the sea and the castle summit affords amazing views. Another amazing Sardinian dinner, and we were back in the car headed for home!
After yesterday’s long drive, we spent today close to home beaching, relaxing, and eating more amazing Italian food, and yes…more ...
The best day wind and weather wise on our last day here. Enjoyed watching the fishermen whilst in the shower, M-L doing same from her breakfast in bed spot. We are looking forward to going back up to the old part of Castelsardo for another wander around, make a couple of purchases and Sunday lunch - how civilised. It is like stepping back in time in the old village. The craft of basket weaving is still done by the old italian women, ...
A road trip today, we saw a great postcard yesterday of the beach at Stintino, then Deb sent a message via viber to do the beach at Stintino, then Piera said we should do a day trip to the beach at Stintino so off we head. It is about one hour away so hop to it in the red rocket. It is at then end of a headland, the day is reasonable for the beach with sunshine and a ...