Hotel Casa Del Pellegrino - Divino Amore Roma
TripAdvisor Reviews Hotel Casa Del Pellegrino - Divino Amore Roma Rome
Travel Blogs from Rome
By the time we got to Rome, we were already pretty tired. We had only flown about 14 hours, but we find that it’s hard for us to sleep on a plane. Add to that a long wait at the baggage carousel, and we were hoping for a quick cab ride to our hotel.
Quick isn’t the word for it. Nor is speedy, or fast. Mach-2 might be more apt.
The cabbie was really friendly, a middle aged guy ...
We were staying at the Sheraton near the airport for our final day but given none of the facilities were open like the swimming pool we decided to spend one final day in Rome. We put our hand into the medallion of truth and if we were not honest it we were supposed to lose our hand.
We then went to Palatine ...
... went to pack for tomorrow we will do ours when we get home after dinner and our washing dries. 6.30 we went out for dinner at the pizzasrria just up from our apartment, that was recommended we all had pasta ok but not the best that we have eaten in Italy. Then a little walk to piazza navarone and then others bought pizza and at 9.30 we arrived back, morris is packing our cases as washing is dry, and now just watching bit of TV and can feel eyes closing Bye for now - tomorrow ...
... allowed. Or talking. It was wonderful.
On to the Vatican Museums where the crowds picked up. Again, having a guide here is a must. We learned so much.
To get to St Peter's we had to pass back through the Sistine Chapel. Do not go here without a tour that skips the lines! It was so crowded we had to snake through throngs of people - not sure how they even had room to tilt their heads ...
... pm and our landlord arrived to complete the handover of keys etc and shortly after our chariot arrived. Well, not quite a chariot, but rather an immaculate black Mercedes E350 limousine; a fitting mode of transport for our final drive back to the airport. Traffic was surprisingly light and we arrived at the airport only 30 minutes later, which meant that we then had to wait an hour and a half for the check-in counter to open. Once through ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82