Hostal la Posada de la Abuela
No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
TripAdvisor Reviews Hostal la Posada de la Abuela Quito
Travel Blogs from Quito
... of long black skirts and white blouses, that reminded me of gypsy tops, with beautiful bright embroidery. They also wore thick black belts around their waist. Some of the women were tiny, no taller than my waist! The market was huge, there were so many beautiful materials, paintings, musical instruments and jewellery items along with some very strange hats, ornaments and other nick-nacks. I didn't take any photos as I was feeling too ill, as the day went on I felt ...
We woke us this morning and while we were having breakfast we received a great text. Marcelo offered to show us around the CBS TV station where they both work. They came and picked us up and we went to the studio. We started with the tour of the guts - all the wiring and servers that run the input and output. It looked like a big pile of spaghetti to me. ...
... deal with flies at the dinner table, and being able to sit on a bench and wait for our boat with a sea lion. Something about the island and the way they treated their precious flora and fauna changed myself, as well as the group to appreciate everything that we have available to us on the mainland U.S.A. The truly amazing factor in the trip was that in the midst of explaining the fight to keep invasive species off of the island, the people realized that ...
- and lots of relaxing hot springs time with our new travel friends as well - both in the very popular hot springs next to the waterfall by town (which as a trend seemed to be followed by drinks at Leprechaun Bar), as well as the quieter hot springs a little out of town (which we ended up getting into for free because we arrived 20 minutes before closing time).
- in particular, delicious local ...
... we headed up one of the local hills to see a famous treehouse. After a much longer than anticipated 3 hour hike (to the dismay of poorly Lotus) we arrived literally at a treehouse that could have been built in anyone's back yard (if they had a tree). Now don't get me wrong the view was great and the swing on the treehouse fun, but the whole thing was as overhyped as the iguana park had been under hyped. Next day I forced ...
Other places to stay in Quito
12 de Octubre 1820 Ave. & Luis Cordero Street, Quito | 4 star hotelfrom $161
- Good overall hotel
- Great hotel
- Excellent hotel !!!!!!!!!!
Avenida Amazonas N19-14 y Patria, Quito | 4 star hotelfrom $133
- Avoid the unhelpful check-in staff
- A good 4 star hotel but too far from the action.
- En el centro del centro cultural
Av. Orellana 1172 y Amazonas, Quito | 5 star hotelfrom $151
- Luxurious but hectic
- Terrific JW Marriott
- Excellent place to start and end an Ecuador trip
Gonzalez Suarez N27 142, Quito | 3 star hotelfrom $95
- Buen hotel
- Humo de los motores diesel
- Good choice for moderate budget
Avda. Naciones Unidas Y Republica, Quito | 3 star hotelfrom $255
Avenida Orellana N6-54, Quito | 3 star hotelfrom $144
Roca 653 And Amazonas Ave , Quito | 4 star hotelfrom $120
- Sehr gutes Hotel
- Very good hotel
- Solid Hotel with Great Service
12 de Octubre Ave. and Cordero 444 St, Quito | 3 star hotelfrom $115
Shyris 1757 Y Naciones Unidas, Quito | 3 star hotelfrom $154
Av. Republica de El Salvador N34-377, Quito | 3 star hotelfrom $160
- Excelent vallue 4 star hotel
- Ein 4-Sterne Hotel, das sein Geld ist
- Gutes Hotel aber kein Internetanschluss
Alemania E5 -103 y La Republica Avenue, Quito | 3 star hotelfrom $97
Av. 6 de Diciembre N34-120 , Quito | 3 star hotelfrom $111
Foch E6-12 y Amazonas, Quito | 4 star hotelfrom $89
Calle Almagro 822, Quito | 4 star hotelfrom $108
- Uno stupendo hotel ecuadoriano
- Wonderful Local Hotel
- Ausgezeichnetes Personal und Unterkünfte
Cordero 1342 & Ave. Amazonas, Quito | 3 star hotelfrom $98
- Hôtel de bonne qualité et bien situé.
- Bel hôtel, très bon petit déjeuner, bon emplacement
Luis Cordero E5-48 (1187) y Reina Victoria, Quito | Hotelfrom $34
President Wilson E8-22 & Avenida 6 De Diciembre, Quito | 3 star hotelfrom $90
Av Republica de El Salvador, Quito | 5 star hotelfrom $160
Av. Diego de Almagro 1245 & Av. Orellana, Quito | 3 star hotelfrom $75
Joaquin Pinto 4E-150 y Cordero , Quito | Hotelfrom $39
Calle Garcia Moreno N6-52, Quito | 3 star hotelfrom $144
- Really liked Hotel Patio Andaluz
- Charming but no spa!!
- Charming hotel...BUT
Luis Cordero 1342 y Amazonas, Quito | 3 star hotelfrom $96
Queseras del Medio, Quito | 3 star hotelfrom $75