TripAdvisor Reviews Horti Flaviani Rome
Travel Blogs from Rome
... thing we had coffee, because a half hour before we were supposed to meet for our Vatican Tour, once we were already AT the Vatican (a half hour walk from our apartment), Bob thought that we needed our passports since it's a different country, technically. I wasn't so sure, but I didn't want to be denied entrance if we didn't have them (after spending $160 on a tour). So... we hailed a cab, and went back to our apartment where Bob ran ...
... afternoon and headed for our hotels. It was very humid. After settling in, we went and brought tickets for a hop on hop off bus to see what we wanted to see tomorrow.
We were shocked at how much of Rome we hadn't seen and we really enjoyed the bus tour. We found a small pastrierre for dinner. We had beautiful pasta and had the most amazing desserts. Another pleasant day came to an end. ...
... he says "keep them, no cost, but can you give me something for a cup of coffee." I dig out 2 euro, but he says "what about a note" No I say take them back, but before we know it the elephants have been taken back and we are left with 1 resin turtle with a value of 10 cents and two Euros lighter. Later we eat out not far from the hotel where the meals cost about €12 each and the soft drinks €6 each. Ripped off ...
This morning i got up at 6.30am, showered, dressed and then went downstairs to breakfast. It was a massive buffet breakfast, lots of different things, it was great. After eating i went back to
the room, got ready for the day, then went downstairs to the coach. We caught the coach into the city to go to the collessium to do the forum walking tour. Along the way to our drop off our coach clipped a scooter rider, he called the police, but ...
... the streets, marvelling at all the closed-up shops and the people spilling out of the busy restaurants. Funnily enough, just because everything was shut, I felt like I needed a bit of retail therapy (I’m difficult like that). Close to our apartment we saw a jewellery shop open. Joanna and I both found rings we adored, and bought them for each other as Christmas gifts.
We walked up the marble staircase into our ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82