Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Byram
How has this hotel rated in the past?
Travelers also recommend:
TripAdvisor Reviews Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Byram New Byram
Travel Blogs from New Byram
Downtown Jackson is a little scary. After our navigator could not find our hotel address a friendly emergency nurse at the medical centre we found was more than happy to walk outside and show me the back way along a gravel path - a few turns left and right and our hotel alongside the highway service road appeared. Good timing as Nicole was about to point our car in the direction of the highway and keep going!
Jackson (day trip to Meridian)
- 9am start for our day trip to Meridian
- Mississippi Blues Trail Markers:
- Rubin Lacy at Pelahatchie
- Arthur 'Big Boy' Crudup at Forest
- Meridian Rhythm and blues and Soul Music
- Meridian Jimmy Rodgers and the Blues
- Otis Rush at Philadephia
- We have seen a ...
- Filled up with fuel – regular $36.00 at $2.30 per gallon
- Mississippi Blues Trail markers x 3:
- The Blue Room
- Willie Dixon (birth place is Vicksburg)
- The Red Tops
- Michel's Record ...
- Breakfast at budget hotel
- Drove downtown to visit information centre. It was closed and sign referred us to music festival venue
- Lunch at Steve’s as Coffee Roasters Café was also closed
- Drove over the railway tracks to what turns out to be the wrong side of town. Went to Savers to Go for supplies
- Drove around downtown ...
... she drove us downtown to Underground 119 for dinner of chicken wings in barbecue sauce, Bill shrimp pasta, Neil blackened catfish and Dawn BLT. Couldn’t find many live music acts on Thursday Night but Stevie Cain (American Idol contestant in 2011) was doing a solo with her guitar which I enjoyed.
- Taxi back to hotel and watched a Liam Neeson movie on TV. Listened to ABC radio podcasts during the night.