Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach
Travel Blogs from Jacksonville
... and her family. We typically measure this by how many "laugh so hard you almost pee your pants" moments, and we definitely had ours. The only thing I missed was meeting my niece Rebecca’s daughter Haylie, who was visiting family out of state and having an excellent time of it by the pictures she’s been posting on FB.
I’m posting this late and we are already in Georgia visiting more friends, so until my next ...
This morning we went to the Fountain of Youth, which is a Spanish dig site. It was home to the first white settlement in America.
1. A musket firing
2. The planetarium (to show how early explorers navigated)
3. A canon firing (it was loud)
4. The Fountain of Youth spring (it tasted sulphuric)
5. A native Indian village (an old Indian burial site)
6. Mission de Numbers (the earliest ...
We had a sleep in and then went out to the Fountain of Youth which is where America was first settled. We went and saw how to work a musket. After that we saw a canon. It was very loud when it was fired. We saw some shelters of some Indians that once lived here.
Today we went on a Segway Tour.
1. Flagler College (the first hotel that had electricity)
2. A cathedral (it had a pipe organ with the most pipes in the world)
3. A popsicle shop (it had home made popsicles that were delicious)
4. A house on fire (it nearly took the chocolate shop!!!)
After lunch went to a animal rescue and rehabilitation park for exotic ...
... detail the area's history, proudly announcing itself as 'The First Coast', being the earliest part of the North American land mass discovered and inhabited by Westerners. The Spanish explorer Jose Ponce de Leon landed here on April 2nd 1513 - Easter Sunday - in the nearby town of Saint Augustine, displacing the local Timuqua Indians and naming what he thought was a large island as La Florida, the Place of Flowers, due to all the tropical vegetation. Owned by the ...
How has this hotel rated in the past?
More great choices in Jacksonville
Search for more deals in Jacksonville
Travelers also recommend:
- More recommendations