No prices found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
How has this hotel rated in the past?
Travelers also looked at:
TripAdvisor Reviews Hilton Waco
Travel Blogs from Waco
... attraction as a must see. More famous we thought was The Alamo where Davey Crockett along with others sacrificed their lives for Texan Independence. It was originally a Spanish Mission and became the 1836 site of the siege between the Mexicans and General Santa Anna's army. There were a group of volunteers dressed in period costumes with displays which made our visit very interesting. However, the riverwalk was what Peter really wanted me to see. The river, seemingly more like ...
... 2 litres of water I had refrigerated overnight. I cannot stress enough the importance of staying hydrated. In 100+ degree heat I stop every 30 minutes to guzzle water. My T-Shirt is literally soaking wet by the end of the day so I know I am losing fluid as fast as I put it in.
So, up and packed and on the road by 1100 I follow a diagonal hwy who's number escapes me until I hit Interstate 20. As much as I hate the Interstate (any of them) ...
It was time for my first official trip as an active full-time RVer!
There were a number of *hiccups* in my meticulously planned travel day:
- In Huntsville, all traffic was detoured because of a community leader's funeral.
- I hit more pot holes than I could count.
- There were so many more 18-wheelers & bikers on the road for a Sunday than I expected.
- It took me ...
- Visited my first Texas college today
- Baylor University is such a wonderful school
- The college was founded in 1841
- The campus is absolutely beautiful
- Their mascot is the bears and their school colors remind me of the University of Oregon's
- I can't wait to visit another Texas school! ...
- Stayed in Waco, Texas for a night
- the next morning on my way to my grandparents house I visited the Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum
- also checked out the Dr Pepper Museum
- paid a visit to the American Indian Cultural Center as well
- spent $103.06 on gas getting to Waco