Hilton Garden Inn St. Augustine Beach
Travel Blogs from Saint Augustine Beach
This morning we went to the Fountain of Youth, which is a Spanish dig site. It was home to the first white settlement in America.
1. A musket firing
2. The planetarium (to show how early explorers navigated)
3. A canon firing (it was loud)
4. The Fountain of Youth spring (it tasted sulphuric)
5. A native Indian village (an old Indian burial site)
6. Mission de Numbers (the earliest ...
We had a sleep in and then went out to the Fountain of Youth which is where America was first settled. We went and saw how to work a musket. After that we saw a canon. It was very loud when it was fired. We saw some shelters of some Indians that once lived here.
Today we went on a Segway Tour.
1. Flagler College (the first hotel that had electricity)
2. A cathedral (it had a pipe organ with the most pipes in the world)
3. A popsicle shop (it had home made popsicles that were delicious)
4. A house on fire (it nearly took the chocolate shop!!!)
After lunch went to a animal rescue and rehabilitation park for exotic ...
We went on segway tour. You were meant to be 12 to go on but the man let me go on after he gave me a little test. It was easy to balance on but hard to get off and on because it felt like you could trip over. We rode around the old buildings. There was one that was on fire and it had just been built. There was the Flagler College which was the first hotel and a very big old church which had fancy paintings and stained glass ...
... was built in the Venetian Renaissance style and was inspired by St Mark's Cathedral in Venice, Italy. The small tiles in the floor are Italian marble, the dome rises over 100 feet and there are 92 stained glass windows. All the pews, along with all the mahogany choir screen, doors, etc were hand carved and installed during the construction. The Eagle Lectern is hand-carved mahogany and the baptism font is carved from a solid piece of marble. ...
How has this hotel rated in the past?
- Swimming pool
- Free High-Speed Internet
- Wheelchair accessibility
- Fitness/Health center
More great choices in Saint Augustine Beach
Search TripAdvisor for more deals in Saint Augustine Beach
Travelers also recommend:
- More recommendations