No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
Travel Blogs from Rome
... that the Pope was giving an address. So we had a face to face with the Pope. Well we did see him in the distance. Then off along the river to see some of the other site. We made our way to the Spanish Steps & it was covered with hundreds of people. Then down to the Trivi fountain. That was a disappointment it was surrounded by scaffold & no water. It never looks as good the second time. It ...
... this has been a right place, right time trip so far.
Needless to say we slept in on Thursday morning and fully embraced the fact that near sunset to near sunrise is the type of twelve hour day we like having here. Still, we wanted to earn a feather in our travel caps so caught a train and bus to the Appian Way, queen of the long roads. ...
... you hear them speak. There were 2 couples having wedding photos taken. The crowd cheered them all, extra cheers for kissing!
We had dinner back to Old Bear, not as good as last time. Went from top three to off the list for me. For dessert we went to Grom, apparently the best Gelati in Rome. It was very nice, not as good as Venchi for me.
Tomorrow is our last full day. I think shopping will have to stop, my very small suitcase is bulging at the seams.
... when I relaxed a little more that I could really just soak in the place. The Forum is a must see of course, but I enjoyed a lot more the little villas scattered around the areas…a lot of places were closed but the ones I did manage to get into had a the interesting mosaics scattered around with the frescos and paintings.
The bath houses too were particularly well preserved…at least one of them was, I didn’t realise how many baths ...
... commentary and more interested in a place Dr. Lee took us to, which competes annually for the best gelatto in Rome, by extension Italy, by extension the world. It's not worth getting into all the philosophy spilled over it, so suffice it to say that all my dairy-based deserts in the future will probably be simply a footnote to Giolitti's.
After way too much way too good gelatto I caught a bus back to the hotel, posted up for a few minutes and ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Hotel Hilary Rome
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82