TripAdvisor Reviews Hotel Hilary Rome
Travel Blogs from Rome
... really pleased with her toast and jam this morning! After a walk around the outside of the Pantheon, robyn and Bronwen hit the shops while I walked to Piazza Navone. On the way back the way was blocked by soldiers as the President arrived at the building I was walking passed. I didn't see the President but I saw his car. Everyone was ...
... hidden under the cheese I think that I had the best seafood pizza ever. We dropped the kids off at the unit and headed to the gladiator museum which was pretty good. After that I rested my weary bones for an hour or so and when I woke up it seemed that I was getting picked on by the girls. Just let me tell you, it really hurt my feelings. We ended up having dinner from Chicken Hut and old mate who served us. He had that look of someone whose dad, was his mums ...
... some pretty impressive Christmas displays in squares on the way. Our host in Positano said his weekend guests were coming here to look at the lights.
We found a cafe near the station for hot chocolate and Sfogliatelle. The hot chocolate was like moose, very thick and rich, very different to yesterdays. She also gave us little pastries and a glass of water each. Very nice and great to get Wi-Fi too.
We caught the train fine, we first ...
... of cultural history and ancient history about the Roman Empire.
Once I was inside the Colosseum my breathe was taken, absolutely held up to all its ratings. The tour guide then told us drastic stories about the amphitheater's bloody past and tales of gladiators, mock sea-battles and executions. We then moved on for a brief rest at the Arch of Constantine which was great. We then arrived at the Palatine Hill, the most famous of the seven hills ...
... was at the Oratorio delle Angelo Custode (Arciconfraternita Del Ss. Sacramento Di S. Maria in Via). This was a small building but still very beautiful. It had ceiling mural with ribbons coming down out of the center. The bright colors, the usage of marble and especially the ribbon made me think of the churches I'd seen in Munich. We stopped at a third church too, on the corner of Via Poli and Via Dei Crociferi, right next to the Trevi fountain, which had very pretty ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82