Travel Blogs from Rome
Well…we are here. We arrived at Rome 1:30pm local time Thursday (about 8:30pm in Sydney). That is over 24hours of travelling and we are TIRED.
Plane sleep is not great sleep. I don't think you dream much on a plane. It’s difficult to get to that depth of sleep. It’s more like sleep for 20 minutes and then wake up…and then go back to sleep for another 20 minutes…and so on. If you add it all ...
... worth the walk.Next stop is Trevi Fountain! Very beautiful, very calming, and very, very crowded! But definitely worth the walk. On to the Pantheon...just a few blocks away. The Pantheon...lots of interesting history for this very ancient building...built 2000 years ago!All of our stops were well worth all of our steps! (Thank you Schuler Shoes for helping me pick out good walking shoes!)Another rest was in ...
... to Musei Captitolini. We were on our way to the bus stop when we decided to go supermarket shopping first. We stocked up stuff, headed back to our room to put them down before setting off for Musei Captitolini for real this time.
Like I said, I am not really a museum kind of person. But we decided to squeeze in Musei Captitolini for the Lux in Arcana exhibition. Really interesting exhibit with all ...
... At a rough guess we would say about 4 or 5 thousand people!! In some places it was hard to move! I raced to the middle of the steps and Tracey took my photo because honestly, we thought we could play a good game of WHERE'S WALLY!!!
We moved onto Piazza de Poppolo a large square in Rome with an Egyptian Obelisk. As we drew closer to the square the Polizia ( State Police), Carabinieri (Military Police always handsome and never seeming to be doing much! ) and ...
... and really nice presents for close friends and my family. There was a festival going on as well so I walked over and sat on a fountain. The fountain I realized i was sitting on was the Moses Fountain. It was made in 1587! It was beautiful but i was amazed that it was still standing. I bought a heap of presents but I was worried I wouldn't be able to fit the rest in my suitcase.
It was about 1:30pm when I left to get back to the hotel. ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Hotel Hilary Rome
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $117
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $254
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $356
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $199
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $91
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $95
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $144
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $105
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $173
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $306
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $66
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $71
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $84
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $119
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $89
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $88
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $166
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $87
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72