Travel Blogs from London
... and with luggage it's even more of a tight squeeze, but we made it! We even had time to have our carry on ripped apart and swabbed by security! To the officer's credit, she did offer to help repack it with me. Anyway, it was a less tedious process to go through French customs than English customs and we had plenty of time to get on the train. We took the train back to Paris and arrived at Gare du Nord at 10:30 local time. It was a fast and furious trip, but a truly wonderful skip across to ...
... train to hastings to stay with fraser and his parents. was strange seeing fraser as he was still living in nz when I had left. the next morning I had weetabix for breakfast ive been wanting anything that tastes like weetbix for weeks so I was very excited. we then went exploring around the old part of hastings, went up the cable car, had icecream, visited a pebble beach. the beaches are very strange as a beach is not enough they must turn the entire beach front area into somewhat of ...
... week the bridge can be seen going up to allow tall boats to pass down the river. Next to the bridge is the Tower of London which is an important factor in the history of the city.
Oxford Street is the main shopping street in London with a range of stores for all different budgets.
London is very easy to get around with the London Underground which is the oldest ...
... sleep before our 1.30am get up!
We made it - a very moving time to arrive at Villers Brettonaux in the dark at just after 4am. Thousands of Aussies - we got great seats not far from the front. There service was beautiful and the Australian Band great. Before the service started the soloists from the band played and sang old war songs and Aussie songs. The atmosphere was indescribable - just so emotional.
When it all ended as dawn was breaking it got even colder! But ...
... all organized into a three-story building. It was like a candy shop for clothes.
After spending an hour or so in Primark, and completely losing track of time, we got on the tube, and rushed to the spot where we were supposed to meet Gryff and everyone else to go back to Carmarthen.
Overall, the trip was exciting, exhausting, and amazing. I loved London and I am looking forward to returning there over Spring Break.
TripAdvisor Reviews Hartley Hotel London
Other places to stay in London
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $332
- Well worth the stay
- Different Hotel?
- Perfect location
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $282
- Potential at Park Plaza County Hall
- Poor value
- Great Anniversary Stay
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $223
- Great hotel! We'll definitely go again
- Exceeded my already high expectations
- Beautiful hotel with lots of problems
Fulham, London | 3 star hotelfrom $184
Clerkenwell, London | 3 star hotelfrom $188
- Great place
- Comfortable Clean and Friendly (and that's only the reviewer)
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $736
- A magical experience
- Close to perfection.
- Thanks debbie for showing us the real london
London East, London | 4 star hotelfrom $151
- One Star Service, Four Star Price
- Absolutely Brilliant
- Fab Hotel in a Fab location!
West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $490
- Overrated and Expensive
- Simply fantastic
- Errrrr... 5*s? I think not.
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $302
- Loved the Millenium Mayfair Hotel
- Great Location...Fine Hotel!
- Very nice hotel
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $326
- Unreliability - unlike British
- Warning: This hotel may be harmful to your vacation!
- Fantastic location and bath
Islington/Angel/King's Cross, London | 5 star hotelfrom $289
- Good, but not a place for an early night!
- Sleepless nights, noisy plumbing
- Great hotel - but I wasn't paying
Earls Court, London | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- I was pleasantly surprised
- Decent hotel, Copthorne Tara Kensington
- Priceline deal
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $229
- Excellent Stay
- Very good hotel
- Nice, modern hotel
Vincent Square, London | 4 star hotelfrom $239
- Clean, fresh and modern
- Enjoy your stay in London!
- Excellent Facilities, Staff Seem Eager to Please
Knightsbridge/Earl's Court/Kensington, London | 4 star hotelfrom $188
- Recommend highly...
- Great Hotel - In an Excellent area.
- Great room, fabulous price, wonderful location!
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $205
- Lovely honeymoon
- Surprisingly good hotel
- Awful, Awful, Awful
Clerkenwell, London | 2 star hotelfrom $195
- Clean and friendly
- Good value for money hotel - but poor food
- Not Bad At All
Marylebone High Street, London | 4 star hotelfrom $188
- Best hotel of my business trip
- Good Hotel!
- Really good hotel, but could be pricey
Victoria, London | 4 star hotelfrom $262
- Beware of "standard room"
- Great location, friendly staff.
Holborn, London | 5 star hotelfrom $443
- A perfect stay at a great rate
- Fantastic and Five-Star Fabulousness
- Classy hotel at a good price
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $302
- Ignore the other quite ridiculous reviews !
- This is not a 4 star hotel
- Very Impressed
Hyde Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $327
- Wonderful Views
- 5 STAR HOTEL
- Tiny room
Northwest/Regent Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $267
- Our Best Stay in Europe
- Okay as expected
- Very impressed
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $244
- Was better than I expected.
- Style and Luxury ! The best room I ever had in my life !
- Don't judge a Hotel by its exterior!
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $424
- Rude, prejudice and unhelpful.
- Nice rooms, decent price, polite staff
- Quite pleased
Westminster/Belgravia, London | 4 star hotelfrom $253
- Pleasent stay
- Very pleased!
- Great Experience