Hampton Inn & Suites Waco South
How has this hotel rated in the past?
TripAdvisor Reviews Hampton Inn & Suites Waco South
Travel Blogs from Waco
No unwelcome call or knock at the door this morning thankfully! The morning routine was just that, up at 1030, leisurely packing job. I have refined my load in the week on the road. I was overlooking the space inside my shoes! They now hold my mouse, 2 pairs of socks and 2 pairs of gaunchies. Doesn't sound like much of a difference but when limited to 30 litres per side, every little bit helps!
I had a healthy breakfast of watermelon and yogurt ...
It was time for my first official trip as an active full-time RVer!
There were a number of *hiccups* in my meticulously planned travel day:
- In Huntsville, all traffic was detoured because of a community leader's funeral.
- I hit more pot holes than I could count.
- There were so many more 18-wheelers & bikers on the road for a Sunday than I expected.
- It took me ...
- Visited my first Texas college today
- Baylor University is such a wonderful school
- The college was founded in 1841
- The campus is absolutely beautiful
- Their mascot is the bears and their school colors remind me of the University of Oregon's
- I can't wait to visit another Texas school! ...
... The girls all fell asleep and Tad and I enjoyed the quiet drive. We checked into the Waco Hilton, right across the street from Baylor, dropped our stuff in the room and hit the restaurant. In the lobby area, a big group of parents and boys in baseball caps were watching a replay of a Little league playoff game. The food was great and we were back in the room and in bed by 11:30, 9:30 our time. Good night's sleep and Austin ...
- Stayed in Waco, Texas for a night
- the next morning on my way to my grandparents house I visited the Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum
- also checked out the Dr Pepper Museum
- paid a visit to the American Indian Cultural Center as well
- spent $103.06 on gas getting to Waco