No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
Travel Blogs from Munich
... open for visitors to walk through. The detail and grandeur was amazing, sadly we couldn't take any photos inside! Back in the town we shared a German treat of apple strudel (been craving it!) while we waited for the bus back to the station and the sweltering train ride back to Munich. We had a tasty dinner at a local restaurant recommended by our apartment owner - slim pickings as shops and a lot of restaurants are closed on ...
... just ruined my personal postcard.
It was a long ride to Munich. Almost 7 hours, the traveling companions could have been better but the beautiful could not. At least our hotel was right around the corner from the train station. Perhaps a slightly shady neighborhood, but a great central location for the the right price for what we wanted to do. Munich, while not all that far ...
... with no issue thanks to our handy GPS and checked into our very large and modern room. With my Marriott status we were treated to a free drink (beer, wine or soda) and free appetizer for each of us, 10euro off any food or beverage and 5 euro off the snack bar. We relaxed in the bar and took advantage of our complimentary stuff before heading to bed. Tomorrow…the long plane ride back to the states. ...
... fading glamour of the old buildings and the trendy bars of the old town and the edginess of the area around the station. Budapest comes a close second, less faded buildings but still with a grand air. Least enjoyed, although not there for very long Bulgaria had a strange air and felt a little menacing although maybe I hadn't really adjusted to travel mode. The trains were in a poor state and were slow and the station building in need of repair. The people were helpful ...
After months of preparation and many good-byes the day has finally arrived and I'm leaving Germany to start my journey and adventure.
Our backpacks and my diving equipment is packed and we are ready to leave for the airport to catch our night flight via Dubai to Bangkok.
For the first 3 weeks Sabine will be joining me and we will be staying in Bangkok for 4 nights.
TripAdvisor Reviews Grunwald Garni Munich
Other places to stay in Munich
Altstadt - Lehel, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $439
- Great hotel in downtown Munich
- Bad, Bad, Bad, Bad !
- Hot spot!
Neuhausen - Nymphenburg, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $153
Ludwigsvorstadt - Isarvorstadt, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- Great Location and Big Comfortable Rooms
- Great Location and beautiful hotel
- Can't wait to go back
Au - Haidhausen, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $119
- Stay away!
- A central hotel
- Wait six months and then go
Terminalstrasse / Mitte 20, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $174
- Excellent in every way!
- Americans- wonderful hotel for a vacation to Bavaria!!!
- Beautiful, convenient, and down comforters to boot
Schwabing - Freimann, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $157
- Perfectly nice
- Look at the view!
- Awful location, nice hotel
Schwabing - Freimann, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $130
Ludwigsvorstadt - Isarvorstadt, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $136
Obersendling, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $82
Ludwigsvorstadt - Isarvorstadt, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $244
- Ultra-contemporary design temple with service flaws
- Too Much Tech, Not Enough Service
- Very nice...
Bogenhausen, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $170
- Modern, Great Hotel
- First Class
- A must to avoid
Bogenhausen, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Well, they lied, but they apologized
- Good value, positive overall.
- Nice but with some problems.
Au - Haidhausen, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $95
Westend, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $133
- Nice Business Hotel convenient for the U-Bahn
- Not bad - (Business Hotel)
- Expensive... Not Worth It!
Schwabing - Freimann, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $160
- Ideal for city break. Perfect location
- Good for a business hotel
- No surprises...exactly what you'd expect...
Schwabing-Ost, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $122
- Good for the price, but bad location
- Stay somewhere else...
- Very nice hotel, unbelievable breakfast
Au - Haidhausen, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $148
- A class act
- Wonderful location, first class hotel, terrific and helpful staff
- An average business class hotel
Graggenau, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $383
- A Grand Old Hotel
- Very nice, but be careful what room they put you in
- Age shows
Messestadt Riem, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $90
Neuhausen - Nymphenburg, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $107
Ludwigsvorstadt - Isarvorstadt, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $180
- VEry comfortable hotel, close to munich city center
- Un fantastico soggiorno
- Un piacevole soggiorno al Marriott Courtyard
Alte Heide - Hirschau, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $85
Maxvorstadt, Munich | 2 star hotelfrom $104
Neuperlach, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $87
Bogenhausen, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $72
Bogenhausen, Munich | 2 star hotelfrom $87