Travel Blogs from Munich
... to come.
On an entirely different note (but necessary one to mention), I was lucky enough to watch Germany defeat France in the quarter-finals of the World Cup, while sipping a liter of beer and munching on yummy German snacks. Check out some pics below of the game. Looking forward to watching Germany play again in the semi's!!
(The title of this post comes from a quote in Michael Foucault's, The History of Sexuality)
... for travelling around the city. Purchased our tickets directly from the driver. We travelled legally for the reminder of the day. Commentaries both in German and English explained the various buildings and historical sites. The city was painted red and white today due to Munich playing in a soccer final later this afternoon. The Old City of Munich was one large party with supporter revelling in the festive atmosphere. Similar to ...
We left Salzburg in the morning and arrived at about 12pm. Meliss met one of her sister's friends, Britta when she went to London. Britta met us at the train station and took us around for the day. Before doing anything we went to her apartment to put our bags down and to meet her dog Johnny. He was so cute! We went to the English garden ...
... 81,000 names. Work continues to identify the thousands of other victims. It was overwhelming and we will never forget that day.
Thursday, September 26
Yesterday we drove to St. Polten, a launching point for the train trip to Vienna. We found a room at Roter Hahn (red rooster) Bock Hotel and, today, after ...
... font-family: arial, sans-serif;">
After four days of drinking, we were feeling quite fresh so we ate and packed before we hit the city. Today was to be a day of culture, the Neue Pinakothek. Art works from the 17th century and upwards. It was pretty nice to walk around the gallery as it was quite empty, and the fact that you can take pictures was an added bonus !!! There ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Grunwald Garni Munich
Other places to stay in Munich
Altstadt - Lehel, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $439
- Great hotel in downtown Munich
- Bad, Bad, Bad, Bad !
- Hot spot!
Neuhausen - Nymphenburg, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $153
Ludwigsvorstadt - Isarvorstadt, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- Great Location and Big Comfortable Rooms
- Great Location and beautiful hotel
- Can't wait to go back
Au - Haidhausen, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $119
- Stay away!
- A central hotel
- Wait six months and then go
Terminalstrasse / Mitte 20, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $174
- Excellent in every way!
- Americans- wonderful hotel for a vacation to Bavaria!!!
- Beautiful, convenient, and down comforters to boot
Schwabing - Freimann, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $157
- Perfectly nice
- Look at the view!
- Awful location, nice hotel
Schwabing - Freimann, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $130
Ludwigsvorstadt - Isarvorstadt, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $136
Obersendling, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $82
Ludwigsvorstadt - Isarvorstadt, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $244
- Ultra-contemporary design temple with service flaws
- Too Much Tech, Not Enough Service
- Very nice...
Bogenhausen, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $170
- Modern, Great Hotel
- First Class
- A must to avoid
Bogenhausen, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Well, they lied, but they apologized
- Good value, positive overall.
- Nice but with some problems.
Au - Haidhausen, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $95
Westend, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $133
- Nice Business Hotel convenient for the U-Bahn
- Not bad - (Business Hotel)
- Expensive... Not Worth It!
Schwabing - Freimann, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $160
- Ideal for city break. Perfect location
- Good for a business hotel
- No surprises...exactly what you'd expect...
Schwabing-Ost, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $122
- Good for the price, but bad location
- Stay somewhere else...
- Very nice hotel, unbelievable breakfast
Au - Haidhausen, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $148
- A class act
- Wonderful location, first class hotel, terrific and helpful staff
- An average business class hotel
Graggenau, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $383
- A Grand Old Hotel
- Very nice, but be careful what room they put you in
- Age shows
Messestadt Riem, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $90
Neuhausen - Nymphenburg, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $107
Ludwigsvorstadt - Isarvorstadt, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $180
- VEry comfortable hotel, close to munich city center
- Un fantastico soggiorno
- Un piacevole soggiorno al Marriott Courtyard
Alte Heide - Hirschau, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $85
Maxvorstadt, Munich | 2 star hotelfrom $104
Neuperlach, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $87
Bogenhausen, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $72
Bogenhausen, Munich | 2 star hotelfrom $87