Grove Hill Hotel
Travel Blogs from London
... had several addresses in the late 1700's. Some of the buildings are still there, but the ground floors have been glamorized by Prada and other brash, flash names.
Of course by the time I wanted to take photos, it was raining and late. We caught a very crowded tube to Liverpool Street Station, our bus home was cancelled due to some security problem, so we finished to day with a 30 minute walk home.
... I have for the whole trip is that I didn’t actually get to go on one. I thought about it several times, but I just wasn’t there long enough to do everything I would have liked. Next time maybe.
I checked in at the Think Long Lane apartments, and was quite happy with my little apartment (apart from the very thin, cheap mattress, which I didn’t discover until later that night, of course). I was also pleased to have a parcel waiting for me. ...
... Slug and Lettuce - (delicious food!) and then parted ways with Adele who needed to catch a train back up to Manchester. It was so lovely to spend the day with her and catch up again and it was sad to say goodbye! We then headed to the Queens Theatre and saw Les Miserables which was really fantastic and are now heading home on the underground - totally exausted! Definitely in need of a sleep in tomorrow! :-) ...
... steps and we were there...offal Mecca! We actually weren't greeted immediately. In fact, we stood at the entrance for just a bit longer than I think we should have before someone came by to greet us. And even then, it still wasn't warmly welcoming; several servers had passed us and even made eye contact, but in return we received little more than a curt smile. But, warm hospitality was not the reason for our visit. The food was why we were there, so I had no choice but ...
... morning and go around it again and then see where we want to get off to explore. Guess what the first thing I brought today was (for my mum) a gift for her from Harrods. But it's ok as I also got me one too. I also had a photo with one of the Harrods teddy s which I will post and also the door man as he was very friendly. After being out and about for what seems like days we have come back to our room, Charlie is fast asleep and I don't think Katie and I will be to far behind ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Grove Hill Hotel London
Other places to stay in London
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $307
- Well worth the stay
- Different Hotel?
- Perfect location
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $215
- Potential at Park Plaza County Hall
- Poor value
- Great Anniversary Stay
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Great hotel! We'll definitely go again
- Exceeded my already high expectations
- Beautiful hotel with lots of problems
Fulham, London | 3 star hotelfrom $158
Clerkenwell, London | 3 star hotelfrom $163
- Great place
- Comfortable Clean and Friendly (and that's only the reviewer)
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotel
- A magical experience
- Close to perfection.
- Thanks debbie for showing us the real london
London East, London | 4 star hotelfrom $136
- One Star Service, Four Star Price
- Absolutely Brilliant
- Fab Hotel in a Fab location!
West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $393
- Overrated and Expensive
- Simply fantastic
- Errrrr... 5*s? I think not.
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $275
- Loved the Millenium Mayfair Hotel
- Great Location...Fine Hotel!
- Very nice hotel
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $214
- Unreliability - unlike British
- Warning: This hotel may be harmful to your vacation!
- Fantastic location and bath
Islington/Angel/King's Cross, London | 5 star hotelfrom $232
- Good, but not a place for an early night!
- Sleepless nights, noisy plumbing
- Great hotel - but I wasn't paying
Earls Court, London | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- I was pleasantly surprised
- Decent hotel, Copthorne Tara Kensington
- Priceline deal
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $232
- Excellent Stay
- Very good hotel
- Nice, modern hotel
Vincent Square, London | 4 star hotelfrom $229
- Clean, fresh and modern
- Enjoy your stay in London!
- Excellent Facilities, Staff Seem Eager to Please
Knightsbridge/Earl's Court/Kensington, London | 4 star hotelfrom $173
- Recommend highly...
- Great Hotel - In an Excellent area.
- Great room, fabulous price, wonderful location!
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $161
- Lovely honeymoon
- Surprisingly good hotel
- Awful, Awful, Awful
Clerkenwell, London | 2 star hotelfrom $201
- Clean and friendly
- Good value for money hotel - but poor food
- Not Bad At All
Marylebone High Street, London | 4 star hotelfrom $184
- Best hotel of my business trip
- Good Hotel!
- Really good hotel, but could be pricey
Victoria, London | 4 star hotelfrom $228
- Beware of "standard room"
- Great location, friendly staff.
Holborn, London | 5 star hotelfrom $355
- A perfect stay at a great rate
- Fantastic and Five-Star Fabulousness
- Classy hotel at a good price
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $295
- Ignore the other quite ridiculous reviews !
- This is not a 4 star hotel
- Very Impressed
Hyde Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Wonderful Views
- 5 STAR HOTEL
- Tiny room
Northwest/Regent Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Our Best Stay in Europe
- Okay as expected
- Very impressed
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $215
- Was better than I expected.
- Style and Luxury ! The best room I ever had in my life !
- Don't judge a Hotel by its exterior!
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $324
- Rude, prejudice and unhelpful.
- Nice rooms, decent price, polite staff
- Quite pleased
Westminster/Belgravia, London | 4 star hotelfrom $209
- Pleasent stay
- Very pleased!
- Great Experience