Grove Hill Hotel
No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
TripAdvisor Reviews Grove Hill Hotel London
Travel Blogs from London
... down leaving well after closing only to find our train pulling away just as we arrived. We only had to wait about 20 minutes or so, but that wait caused other delays which then caused us to miss the downtown shops. No London shopping for us... guess we'll have to wait on Paris! As always, we had no problem finding a great place to eat and had a great dinner at the Gourmet Burger Kitchen... what is it with the Brits and mayonnaise on ...
After what will from now on only be known as 'essay catastrophe' I decided I needed a break so I decided to visit my best friend in London. The last time I went to London I was ten, so understandably I don't remember toooo much (other than the most random things). So off I went - way to early on a Monday morning. I arrived in London at about 11.30 to blue skies and sunshine. Melissa picked me up and we decided to take go to the park around the corner for a picnic. So off ...
... we had a perfect view of all the runners below. I got there about 9am and about an hour later the first lot of runners ran through, although the disability runners were already on the course. We were at the 7km mark so most of them were in pretty good form still, but there were still stragglers about 3 hours later when I was heading home around 12:30-1pm so it must have taken some of them half a day to finish! But it was really cool to see the marathon run ...
... and holding cells where they kept the prisoners before they were executed. The walls were covered in words and pictures that the prisoners had carved into the stone walls. It was written in an old Latin language that was translated for us on signs. It was very interesting and most of them wrote to God and asked for forgiveness. Others were not so remorseful and wrote sayings, lovers names and made ...
... kings to Norman rule and one king.
For me it was off to the British Library to get my manuscript studies started. At the Stratford tube station I boarded the Central Line and rode to Liverpool Street Station where I changed to one of the three lines that go on to King's Cross, the Circle, District and Metropolitan. Up stairs, down stairs, through corridors, fighting the crowds, hoping to get a seat along the way - it is ...
Other places to stay in London
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $332
- Well worth the stay
- Different Hotel?
- Perfect location
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $282
- Potential at Park Plaza County Hall
- Poor value
- Great Anniversary Stay
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $223
- Great hotel! We'll definitely go again
- Exceeded my already high expectations
- Beautiful hotel with lots of problems
Fulham, London | 3 star hotelfrom $184
Clerkenwell, London | 3 star hotelfrom $188
- Great place
- Comfortable Clean and Friendly (and that's only the reviewer)
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $736
- A magical experience
- Close to perfection.
- Thanks debbie for showing us the real london
London East, London | 4 star hotelfrom $151
- One Star Service, Four Star Price
- Absolutely Brilliant
- Fab Hotel in a Fab location!
West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $490
- Overrated and Expensive
- Simply fantastic
- Errrrr... 5*s? I think not.
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $302
- Loved the Millenium Mayfair Hotel
- Great Location...Fine Hotel!
- Very nice hotel
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $326
- Unreliability - unlike British
- Warning: This hotel may be harmful to your vacation!
- Fantastic location and bath
Islington/Angel/King's Cross, London | 5 star hotelfrom $289
- Good, but not a place for an early night!
- Sleepless nights, noisy plumbing
- Great hotel - but I wasn't paying
Earls Court, London | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- I was pleasantly surprised
- Decent hotel, Copthorne Tara Kensington
- Priceline deal
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $229
- Excellent Stay
- Very good hotel
- Nice, modern hotel
Vincent Square, London | 4 star hotelfrom $239
- Clean, fresh and modern
- Enjoy your stay in London!
- Excellent Facilities, Staff Seem Eager to Please
Knightsbridge/Earl's Court/Kensington, London | 4 star hotelfrom $188
- Recommend highly...
- Great Hotel - In an Excellent area.
- Great room, fabulous price, wonderful location!
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $205
- Lovely honeymoon
- Surprisingly good hotel
- Awful, Awful, Awful
Clerkenwell, London | 2 star hotelfrom $195
- Clean and friendly
- Good value for money hotel - but poor food
- Not Bad At All
Marylebone High Street, London | 4 star hotelfrom $188
- Best hotel of my business trip
- Good Hotel!
- Really good hotel, but could be pricey
Victoria, London | 4 star hotelfrom $262
- Beware of "standard room"
- Great location, friendly staff.
Holborn, London | 5 star hotelfrom $443
- A perfect stay at a great rate
- Fantastic and Five-Star Fabulousness
- Classy hotel at a good price
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $302
- Ignore the other quite ridiculous reviews !
- This is not a 4 star hotel
- Very Impressed
Hyde Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $327
- Wonderful Views
- 5 STAR HOTEL
- Tiny room
Northwest/Regent Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $267
- Our Best Stay in Europe
- Okay as expected
- Very impressed
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $244
- Was better than I expected.
- Style and Luxury ! The best room I ever had in my life !
- Don't judge a Hotel by its exterior!
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $424
- Rude, prejudice and unhelpful.
- Nice rooms, decent price, polite staff
- Quite pleased
Westminster/Belgravia, London | 4 star hotelfrom $253
- Pleasent stay
- Very pleased!
- Great Experience