The Green Park Inn
How has this hotel rated in the past?
- Continental Breakfast
- Free High-Speed Internet
- Free parking
Travelers also recommend:
TripAdvisor Reviews The Green Park Inn Blowing Rock
Travel Blogs from Blowing Rock
... into the wilderness, to avoid being captured and hanged. Captain MacKenzie, a brutal British officer, vows to hunt down all the Regulators. Jack Stuart, who rashly fought alongside the Regulators during the battle, unwittingly draws his Loyalist family into the conflict. Led to the west by Reverend Isaiah Sims and the steady hand of Daniel Boone, the group settles in a peaceful valley under the watchful brow of Grandfather ...
- Bethel Baptist Church puts on a Bethel Blast every 4th of July. They furnish pulled pork, baked beans, cole slaw, rolls, bottled water, soda, various desserts and watermelon. Local bands play in the big tent and fireworks at dark thirty. All this is free! ...
- It is amazing that this town has a 4th of July parade every year with the most simple of floats and entries and the whole town turns out and appreciates it as much as a Macy's parade. You can certainly feel the American pride and patriotism in this town.
- After the parade free watermelon and cake (made by the local bakery) are served on the lawn of the Jones ...
... in 1979 and was necessary because of damage that building a traditional road would have caused to the environment. It is a 379 metre segmented concrete bridge that winds around Grandfather Mountain and was built segment by segment which was then glued together.
Grandfather Mountain at 1812 metres is one of the highest mountains in that section of the parkway. Again they charge to drive the mountain road ($US20 per person) which takes you to the Mile High Swinging ...
- Met up with Jim and Darlene, who were with us on the Panama Canal cruise my sister and I took last November for lunch. They are staying in Ashville, NC so half way was Spruce Pines. We found a great restaurant for lunch.....Mountain View. It certainly lived up to their name.
- On the way back to Boone, I stopped at Linville Caverns.
- Next adventure was a trip to West Jefferson to go to the Ashe County cheese factory and get some ...