Travel Blogs from Taormina
... have to act out their own charades. The game does not last long. With no Xmas pudding, they resort to Italian television. Fortunately, there are a number of channels where English/American films are shown. They settle down for the rest of Christmas Day engrossed in three little known short black and white films by Alfred Hitchcock - unsurprisingly they are long forgotten and for good reason!!
We are all in bed by 9pm, dreaming of snow, Christmas lunch at, ...
Challenges:$3200 --- +$7200
Spent on plane tickets to equidor: $2658 --- $ 4542
Europe to US dollars 1 euro = 1.36 US dollars
Country cash ...
... size arancini. If it wasn't for a rice and cheese induced food coma I would have made it to the finish line, a glorious moment in history it would have been, all in slow motion with confetti and cheering and movie deals galore. Its a *******n logistical nightmare trying to bite into something that's bigger than your head, its like those mutant apples we have all tried to conquer, where you bite into it and either get momentary lock jaw or your teeth ...
... piazza and walked inside a couple monuments. Down in the fish market it was hectic. People everywhere yelling their deals and others purchasing them. Most of the sea food was still alive… at one point, a man dropped one of the octopus from his hands. It hit the ground, changed colors, and began moving away. There were cuttlefish, swordfish, octopus, giant tuna, clams, mussels, etc; I haven't ever seen this kind of variety. ...
The flight we took had 2 layovers that took one day
We stayed in Catania for one day.
Our airplane ticket from Quito to Catania which was 5,000 USD total.
We stayed at the B&B City Center in Catania.
We had pizza at gisira pizza and drinks for 6 dollars each.
TripAdvisor Reviews Granduca Taormina
Other places to stay in Taormina
Via Nazionale 105, Taormina | 4 star hotelfrom $225
- Enchanteur et haut de gamme !
- Awesome hotel
Via Madonna delle Grazie 3, Taormina | 4 star hotelfrom $258
- Fantastic stay at the Monte Tauro
- Not up to scratch!
- Selective information.....
Piazza San Domenico 5, Taormina | 5 star hotelfrom $258
- Gorgeous gardens, beautiful public rooms, disappointing bedrooms
- Wonderful and unique - like staying in a living museum
Via Teatro Greco 59, Taormina | 5 star hotelfrom $527
- Stunning service, views and rooms
- An oasis at the end of a long vacation
- Grand Prices, Grand View but no Grand Hotel
189 Via Nazionale, Taormina | 4 star hotelfrom $165
Bagnoli Croci 75, Taormina | 4 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent location, staff rude and disapointing food
- Great Hotel, Not So Great Staff!
- Excellent hotel and excellent staff
Via Nazionale 147, Taormina | 5 star hotelfrom $280
Via Bagnoli Croci 79, Taormina | 3 star hotelfrom $160
- Villa Belvedere - rude, arrogant, inhospitable
- Lovely hotel with beautiful views
- Terrific situation
Via Guardiola Vecchia, 27 , Taormina | 4 star hotelfrom $181
- Great Hotel
- Fab Holiday
- Fantastic hotel, town and island
Via Pirandello, 50, Taormina | 5 star hotelfrom $330
- Un vero 5 stelle lusso!
- Wunderbares San Pietro
- Superhotel in guter Lage
Via Nazionale, 161, Taormina | 5 star hotelfrom $313
Via Bagnoli Croce 92, Taormina | 4 star hotelfrom $166
- Fabulous break
- Food dreadful, but stunning views
- Bristol Park Hotel August 2003
Via San Giovanni Bosco 10/B, Taormina | 2 star hotelfrom $87
Via Nazionale 107/A, Taormina | 5 star hotelfrom $277
Via Dietro Cappuccini, 10, Taormina | 3 star hotelfrom $99
Via Circonvallazione, 61, Taormina | 4 star hotelfrom $124
Via Bagnoli Croce 1, Taormina | 4 star hotelfrom $150
- A great hotel
- Only ok; lots of steps
- Good View But...
Via Nazionale 114, Taormina | 3 star hotelfrom $91
Madonna Rocca 1, Taormina | 3 star hotelfrom $87
Via Dietro Cappuccini, Taormina | 2 star hotelfrom $93
Via Toselli 8, Taormina | 4 star hotelfrom $148
- Excellent location - good hotel
- Price is not in proportion to quality offered
- Super hotel and location
Via L Pirandello 60, Taormina | 3 star hotelfrom $150
- Fantastic Place to stay!
- A great stay at the Bel Soggiorno
- We would happily return to Bel Soggiorno
Via Guardiola Vecchia, 34-37, Taormina | 4 star hotelfrom $158
- Fabulous small hotel with great service and views
- Lovely hotel;great location;teriffic views
- Breathtaking views
Piazzale Della Funivia, Taormina | 3 star hotelfrom $111
Via Madonna delle Grazie 9, Taormina | 4 star hotelfrom $94