Gran Melia Fenix
No prices found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
How has this hotel rated in the past?
- Airport Transportation
- Shuttle bus service
- Drycleaning onsite
- Meeting rooms/conference facilities
- Minbar in room
Travel Blogs from Madrid
Hi everyone, Have arrived in Madrid after a very tiring couple of flights. Getting too old for this OS stuff. Lol. Met up with the guide whose name is Heather (her mother was Scottish) and the rest of the tour group. We are 40 in total. There are 5 of us from Adelaide, people from Sydney, Melbourne & Queensland, as well as America and Canada. …
... br> After lunch I walked to CaixaForum Madrid to see the vertical garden which has been established on the side wall of what looks like an apartment block. It's quite impressive. In order to maintain the botanical theme, I then went to the Royal Botanical Garden. It, too, seems to be echoing Madrid's poor economy as there was not a gardener in sight and there were areas that really needed attention. But overall, it was a lovely respite from the city traffic ...
- a man walking down the street with his full tackle out
- a coffee shop/copy-center on the street - i.e. a printer delicately balanced on a thin shelf directly above steaming pots on the stove
- our bus side-swiped a car - everyone started yelling and a crowd gathered and banged on the bus for quite a while... then ...
... sight-seeing along with amply free time and flexibility. We decided to take advantage and see what this little town had to offer us. Seeing as it was lunchtime and we hadn’t had anything to eat in SEVERAL hours (just a little sarcasm there), we set out to explore the main streets of town while keeping an eye out for someplace for lunch. Of course being on the coast, our first priority was a good seafood restaurant but that plan looked to be derailed when ...
... 8pm I got in for free.
- A lovely walk through the massive Parque del Buen Retiro. These gardens were really pleasant and I came across a big lake as well as the beautiful Crystal Palace... slightly bizarrely the latter had lots of small wicker rocking chairs set up inside, each with a thick book attached to the chair by a string. I thought that was a really good idea. You couldn't stay inside the building for too long because the sun created an atmosphere ...