TripAdvisor Reviews Governor Hotel Miami Beach
Travel Blogs from Miami Beach
... just sat patiently and waited till finally, an hour after the due time, our flight was called. Perhaps I should have known right there and then that things were going to go wrong, but the alarm bells were not yet ringing loudly enough in my head. So we arrived in Fort Lauderdale well over an hour and a half late because we sat on the tarmac for another thirty minutes waiting for a take-off slot. And by this time it was dark. Miracle of miracles, our luggage ...
... Bonaire is literally known as the leeward side of the island. This is of course due to the remarkable consistency of trade winds. A phenomenau that results in strong directionally pure wind almost every day! This of course brings us up to date with the present day appeal of Bonaire to the Shepherd's. As a presently rabid kiteboarder (2009-present), fairly enthusiastic windsurfer (2003-present), semi-interested SCUBA diver (2000-present) and enthusiastic freediver ...
Miami - 1 week
Hmm, mixed feelings about Miami. It's difficult to give it rave reviews as we arrived in the busiest weekend of the year. Spring break, ultra music festival and the Sony open tennis. This all affected our stay quite a bit.
Due to Miami being so busy, we could only get accommodation about 30 minutes from south beach. Our apartment in north beach was very nice, beach front with a great swimming beach on our doorstep. While it was ...
... at the hostel. We alternated between walking on the beach, the boardwalk and collins avenue so we weren't very effective but we got to see a lot of beautiful scenery. The Bal Harbour Shops mall was insanely cool, it's an open roof mall with an incredible use of water and vegetation for the interior design. It's a very high end place but it was still a very nice ...
... with cold beers and pool sticks in hand, getting back outside long enough to enjoy the sunset and watch the friendly nurse sharks swim around the marina. Bahamian style dinner was fabulous, orders must be placed before 5pm and the entire dining island is called to the table by bell announcing dinnertime. A couple of bottles of red complemented the delicious steaks and ribs and we laughed well into the night which ended with a moonlit dip in the marina pool.
Other places to stay in Miami Beach
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $120
- Had a great stay
- Better than expected
- Probably would not stay here again
West Avenue, Aswan | 5 star resortfrom $198
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $215
South Beach, Tossa de Mar | 2 star hotelfrom $378
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $153
- Great hotel
- We had a FAB time staying at the RIU
- Wouldn't stay at RIU in Florida or other areas they are located.
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $168
South Beach, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $83
South Beach, Miami Beach | 5 star hotelfrom $221
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $93
City Center, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $218
- Some of the rudest employees I have ever met
- Great style
- Just Returned from the Shore Club
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $216
- An Island Resort in the City
- Wonderful stay at the Palm's
- Great atmosphere, Great staff
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $180
- Hotel was reasonable but the overall service was disappointing!
- Very nice hotel
- Assistant Manager horrible
North Shores, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $69
- Would Stay here Again
- Everything was terrible
- Will not stay there again
South Beach, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $316
- Fantastic experience!
- Great Trip...Will visit again
- Beautiful hotel, uneven rooms
Downtown, Miami Beach | 1 star hotelfrom $90
- Bare Basics
- A Hairy Experience
- This is a Wrost-class hotel
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $180
- Not Your Average Courtyard
- Great Stay at the Courtyard Marriott Oceanfont
- Room with a view
South Beach, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $249
- Pitiful pool, great location though
- Very Nice!
- Expensive hotel, terrible service
South Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Location, Good Price, But small rooms
- Great Hotel
- Highly recommended!
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 2 star hotelfrom $128
- Loved this hotel
- Not bad at all
- Wirklich nicht schlecht
City Center, Miami Beach | 2 star hotelfrom $80
- If you're thinking of staying here... don't!
- Budget hotel on the beach.
- Awful Hotel
City Center, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $191
- Wonderful service for medium size meeting
- Miami Beach vacation
- National, what a dissappointment.
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 2 star hotelfrom $108
- Outside Construction
- Moderate oceanfront propery in a good location
South Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $144
- The Park Central exceeded my expectations!
- The BEST place to stay on South Beach!
- Great Place but beware....
South Beach, Miami Beach | 1 star hotelfrom $85
- Great for the price
- Good location, Basic Room and Rude Unhelpful Staff
- Nice stay
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | Hotelfrom $50
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $220
- Foolishly gave it a 2nd chance
- What a dump- Not worth it
- This is no 4-star hotel!