Travel Blogs from Miami Beach
... I really didn’t want the whole thing to end L Because we had paid to swim with dolphins, we had free entry into the seaquarium, so we spent the rest of the day there, watching dolphin shows and looking at the other animals. Swimming with dolphins is easily one of the best experiences I have ever had, and it was an amazing way to end our trip.
Day 37 – Thursday 6th August
Today we just enjoyed the beach and the pool, ...
... we headed back to the room for a look at the thunderstorm and lightning show Miami had put on for us over the downtown area. Amazing view and Butts tried out his new DSLR with an attempt at some lightning shots. A bit of a sad goodbye and we were on our own again. So glad we caught up and freeloaded of them. Lol
Just a relaxing and tanning day by the pool. Not a lot happening at all. Alex got stuck into ...
... one small loop but we had a great tour guide who did some crazy fun driving and very entertaining.
Overall although Miami Beach was such a beautiful place, for us it was a little too much about status if you know what I mean... It was just like a bigger version of the Gold Coast!
From here we drove to Key West, it only took about 4-5 hours and was so worth going... we wish we went there ...
... immediately called Holiday Inn Express because they have a free breakfast and also since Jen works for an airline we do get a bit of a deal. We waited forever for the shuttle to come and after reaching the hotel immediately crashed out. Yes it was epic.
Also the hotel was super homophobic and not that great.
... for a liquor store. We found a CVS, a liqour store with a motorcycle running in the middle of it, and a fabulous french restaurant (I forgot the name!). The matre'd offered us free champagne if we dined with them tonight so I said "sure!" Mike was a bit upset because he had told Ray we would eat at the hotel's buffet that night (ummm, NO!). We were in Miami! I'm not eating inside a hotel! I've ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Governor Hotel Miami Beach
Other places to stay in Miami Beach
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $113
- Had a great stay
- Better than expected
- Probably would not stay here again
West Avenue, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $199
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $191
South Beach, Miami Beach | 5 star hotelfrom $370
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $153
- Great hotel
- We had a FAB time staying at the RIU
- Wouldn't stay at RIU in Florida or other areas they are located.
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $95
South Beach, Miami Beach | 1 star hotelfrom $119
- Better than I expected
- Haunted - Creepy - Nothing worked and no parking
- GREAT location, acceptable room
South Beach, Miami Beach | 5 star hotelfrom $221
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $192
City Center, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $234
- Some of the rudest employees I have ever met
- Great style
- Just Returned from the Shore Club
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $212
- An Island Resort in the City
- Wonderful stay at the Palm's
- Great atmosphere, Great staff
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $160
- Hotel was reasonable but the overall service was disappointing!
- Very nice hotel
- Assistant Manager horrible
North Shores, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $97
- Would Stay here Again
- Everything was terrible
- Will not stay there again
South Beach, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $326
- Fantastic experience!
- Great Trip...Will visit again
- Beautiful hotel, uneven rooms
Downtown, Miami Beach | 1 star hotelfrom $90
- Bare Basics
- A Hairy Experience
- This is a Wrost-class hotel
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $167
- Not Your Average Courtyard
- Great Stay at the Courtyard Marriott Oceanfont
- Room with a view
South Beach, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $207
- Pitiful pool, great location though
- Very Nice!
- Expensive hotel, terrible service
South Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $213
- Great Location, Good Price, But small rooms
- Great Hotel
- Highly recommended!
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 2 star hotel
- Loved this hotel
- Not bad at all
- Wirklich nicht schlecht
City Center, Miami Beach | 2 star hotelfrom $85
- If you're thinking of staying here... don't!
- Budget hotel on the beach.
- Awful Hotel
City Center, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $191
- Wonderful service for medium size meeting
- Miami Beach vacation
- National, what a dissappointment.
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 2 star hotelfrom $97
- Outside Construction
- Moderate oceanfront propery in a good location
South Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $140
- The Park Central exceeded my expectations!
- The BEST place to stay on South Beach!
- Great Place but beware....
South Beach, Miami Beach | 1 star hotelfrom $93
- Great for the price
- Good location, Basic Room and Rude Unhelpful Staff
- Nice stay
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | Hotelfrom $38
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $220
- Foolishly gave it a 2nd chance
- What a dump- Not worth it
- This is no 4-star hotel!