Golden West Motel
Travel Blogs from Las Vegas
Kapitel 14: Yellowstone Nationalpark 12. - 15. Mai 2008 Fuer 3 Naechte war das Golden West Motel in West Yellowstone unsere Unterkunft. Unser Zimmer hatte sogar eine Kueche! So konnten wir uns die naechsten paar Tage selber verpflegen. Wir haetten nie gedacht, dass wir auf unserer Reise ausgerechnet das Kochen (und Backen!) vermissen wuerden. Auf …
... was a bit nervous as it was pretty high up but it was worth the effort as it's so impressive considering it was built back in the 30s without all our technology. Its one of the busiest tourist sights we've been to, probably as its so close to Vegas. You can do lots of tours to view the workings of the dam but we were happy enough with our wandering in the sun and pushed on. Driving into Vegas was a nightmare, lots of traffic, misleading sat-nav directions and about ...
... froh.Wir hatten allerdings nur ein Zimmer mit einem King Size Bett gebucht. Also fragte ich nach einem mit zwei Double Beds. Sie meinte zunächst, dass dies $ 30.- pro Tag kosten würde. Aber auf freundliches Bitten meinerseits ging sie zum Manager, der seine Zusrimmung für ein kostenloses Upgrade gab. Ich muss allerdings dazu sagen, dass wir auf Grund unseres M Life Platiunum Status ein Anrecht auf kostenloses Zimmer-Upgrade haben (soweit verfügbar). So bekamen wir ...
... Lolz). He'd ordered us some Chinese food to eat before the limo picked us up at 8.30pm for a two hour tour of the city. We had a good time having a mini party in his room, singing and dancing along to the music on the tv, and before we knew it we were in the limo. This was amazing...obviously it all passed in a blur of bright lights and loud music, facilitated by bottle after bottle of PBR, but the photographic evidence reliably informs me that we ...
... stuck in canyons, watching for flash foods, visiting cowboy cemeteries, visiting nuclear missile silos, Vegas, the White House, Mount Rushmore, Devil’s Tower, Badlands, Arches, Zion, Acadia, Yosemite, Death Valley Glacier, Rocky Mountains, Hilton Head, flying over the Grand Canyon, visiting JFK’s grave, the Hoover Dam, crossing the Mississipee, WW1battlefields in Belguim, Ben & jerry ice cream factory, watching the sunrise over Monument Valley, the D Day ...
Other places to stay in Las Vegas
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 3 star hotelfrom $79
- Ballys a great deal
- Fantastic Hotel
- Totally great! Friendly staff, large, clean rooms, and a perfect location on the Strip.
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 4 star hotelfrom $50
- We'll be back again and again
- Won't be back - ever!
- The good and the bad...
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 4 star hotelfrom $79
- Had a Very Positive experience at Treasure Island
- We love it
- Loved Treasure Island
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 1 star hotelfrom $29
- Decent place, awesome price
- Good Location
- Close to the strip, basic, clean, park by your door
The Strip, Las Vegas | 4 star hotelfrom $93
- A BIG thank you
- Threatens Westin's good name
- Not really "Maxim in disguise"
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 3 star hotelfrom $55
- Expected more
- 'Second Home'
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 5 star hotelfrom $80
- Don't stay there!
- Don't stay here
- Very Disappointed
The Strip, Las Vegas | 3 star hotelfrom $25
- Good Value
- IP is a great deal for the price!
- Great location - decent rates & service
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 2 star hotelfrom $35
- The worst B.W.
- Decent hotel, good value for money!
Downtown/Fremont Street, Las Vegas | 4 star hotelfrom $65
- Never again!
- Let down
Enterprise, Las Vegas | 4 star hotelfrom $42
- Fabulous place - a winner A++++++++
- Don't go yet
- Overall Disappointed
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 3 star hotelfrom $29
- Stayed there
- It was great! But had some negatives.
- Hey -- It's a Fun Family Hotel
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 3 star hotelfrom $69
- "We're sorry, we're new"..... Phooey!
- Great place
- Recommend to all! Fun place!
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 3 star hotelfrom $40
- Great Stay at the Riv!!
- Stay Somewhere Else
- Wonderful Service
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 3 star hotelfrom $30
- Great Dealers and customer service
- Pleasantly impressed
- Great first experience of "Sin City"
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 3 star hotelfrom $99
- I'll never stay anywhere else...
- Tuscany is GREAT for the price
- Unprofessional Staff
Paradise, Las Vegas | 4 star hotelfrom $108
- New Renaissance is Beautiful!
- A classy jewel - and quiet, too!
- Awesome Renaissance
The Strip, Las Vegas | 5 star hotelfrom $200
- Nice clean too professionalle
- Great details
- The Four Seasons Las Vegas was excellent!
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 4 star hotelfrom $94
- 3 Words....Won-Der-Ful!!!
- What a wonderful resort!
- Parking garage is confusing and difficult to find elevator if parking in tower 1
The Strip, Las Vegas | 5 star hotelfrom $102
- Very noisy, quite a walk
- Großartiges Hotel
- GREAT hotel
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 5 star hotelfrom $159
- Wynn Stinks
- Wynn wins again
- Wait to Stay Here
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 5 star hotelfrom $119
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 4 star hotel
- Perfect Location
- Still good, after all these years!
- Good Value!
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 5 star hotel
- Great Hotel, but these tips will help you have a better trip
- A Perfect Stay
- Fantastic place
The Strip, Las Vegas | 5 star hotelfrom $168
- Brand new, first guest in suites 11-722 and 26-702
- Simply amazing