Golden Beach Apartel
Travel Blogs from Barbados
... the 96 proof rum.
Heading back to the hotel along the West Coast Mona our guide took us by new housing being built for the rich, condominiums which she claimed sold for $5 million US, the historic village of Speightstown, super-trendy and super-exclusive Holetown, where the British first landed on Barbados in 1627 and where the British, the rich ones, are still going to shop at among other expensive boutiques, a two-level Cartier that ...
... is known as the Soup Bowl and is the main surfing spot. Matt and I shared a fresh coconut rather than having another rum punch.
We drove past Round Rock (a huge rock with a bench on top; not quite sure how they managed to get it up there!) before heading inland through a wooded off-road area. We swung past St. Andrew’s church into the rugged Scotland District, past the Morgan Lewis Windmill, a few cute chattel houses (old movable houses from plantations days) ...
... the counter tries to tell him that it is policy to not serve an obviously intoxicated guest which just aggravates the guest even more and he says, “My wife wants to talk to you!” Huh? Anyway, the supervisor is called and the guy just rants and raves to her. The supervisor takes him to task by saying, “Sir, please don’t speak to me like that…” and then she attempts to calm him. We don’t know how long the ...
... I found all this out on Google).
Anyhow, we had a great tour of the island. I did feel that Barbados overall has been overdeveloped. There is a very sharp contrast between rich and poor living conditions. Again their education system is to be ...
... guess it helps pay for the trips.
When it was time for our tour, we walked along the dock, past the tall ship from Malta, through the harbour shops, to our meeting point. The tour began with an open safari truck tour of the island. Right after we sat down, it poured rain … we dropped the plastic awnings briefly, until the rain stopped. It had already begun to turn stifling inside the truck. (Side note: there were a total of 16 of us on the tour – ...
Other places to stay in Barbados
Needham's Point, Saint Michael | 5 star hotelfrom $181
- Excellent hotel and wonderful staff
- First Class Resort
- Fantastic Hotel
Hastings, Hastings | 3 star hotelfrom $280
- Wonderfully ROMANTIC and GREAT Service
- Worst Service Ever Pathetic
- Splendid at the Savannah
PO Box 429, Paynes Bay | 4 star hotelfrom $237
- Not very luxurious...
- Sadly disappointed
- Don't come here if you want good service
Rockley at Accra Beach, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $122
\N, Hastings | 2 star hotelfrom $82
Porters, St. James, Porters | 4 star hotelfrom $257
- Nice Hotel
- Our day at the colony club
- Just loved it
Maxwell Main Road, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $89
- Not bad for what you get
- The worst hotel I've ever stayed in
- Recently Returned from Barbados
Rockley Beach 1, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $108
- A Dump
- Beautiful, Friendly and Romantic....
- Would recommend!
Maxwell Coast Road, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $335
- Amemorable two weeks
- November paradise
- We've found paradise at the seabreeze
2nd Street, Holetown | 3 star hotelfrom $300
- OK hotel in a great position
- Best holiday ever, Have been TWICE
- Incredible staff
\N, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $87
St James Beach, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $458
- Faultless - 11th September 2004
- The best hotel in Barbados
\N, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $94
- Good accomodations for the price, but........
- The Best Place I ever stayed.
St. James Beach, St. James | 3 star hotelfrom $228
- Discovery Bay is A-OK
- Great place to stay
- Great Value
Palm Avenue, Sunset Crest | 3 star hotelfrom $80
Paynes Bay, St. James | Hotelfrom $280
- Friendly nicely presented
- Dinning in a sauna!!!!!!
- Poor mans hotel
Maynards, Saint Peter | 3 star hotelfrom $134
Paynes Bay, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- Eigentlich nicht so toll
- Understated luxury for those in the know
- Shame about the Cruise Ships
Oldbury, Saint Philip | Hotelfrom $111
St. Lawrence Gap, St Lawrence Gap | 3 star hotelfrom $95
- Fantasic views, ideal location
- Had a great time at the Ocean South Gap
- Awesome view!
Holetown, St. James | 5 star hotelfrom $476
- Great place
- The best holiday we have ever had
Mullins Bay, Barbados | 2 star hotelfrom $123
Holetown, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $106
- Beautiful setting...
- Fantastic little hotel / "villa" complex
- Perfect for families and couples looking for relaxation!
Sunset Crest, St. James | 3 star hotelfrom $102
Paynes Bay, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $290
- Stay at The House . . . Refinance yours!
- Great Concept, Staff, Just Needs a little Polish
- An Upgrade, but needs more attention
Long Bay, Saint Philip | 3 star hotelfrom $69