Golden Beach Apartel
Travel Blogs from Barbados
7 hrs, 7.3 kms Day Totals 16 hrs, 15.3 kms ... And then I find it. The climax of my Barbados adventure. Over the ridge and in rough surf bay is an island rising from the sea with a grassy plateau on the top. An island I intend to explore. As I said, the surf around it looks pretty rough, with waves coming in from both side. But I calculate that if I head in right in the middle, the waves will cancel each other out, right? Let's give it a try. Sure ...
3 hrs, 3 kms
Down at the beach I try to hike north as far as I can, over the rocky areas that separate different beach sections. Here I get my first glimpse of the estates of the "Super-rich" who vacation here as we. It looks like an ancient Roman palace with a beautiful garden. I wonder who this might belong to...
Back on the main road, the contrast is quite stark... on the left, vast walled in estates... on the right... quite basic ...
... guesthouse were so bad that Matt and I both slept with our plane neck pillows!)
Matt’s had some time off work (hence he was able to join me in Barbados) and we’re still trying to find the right doctors to help get him better. On Saturday he had a potentially very serious reaction to some medication so we spent the afternoon in two doctors’ offices. He returned to work today but will need to take things easy as he trials new and adjusts to his medication and ...
... HAD to do the rope swing. Out onto the pier I took a big leap and swung. Awesome feeling flying through the air and plunging into the clear water below. So much fun!
When we finally did manage to get back on board the ship, we hung out and had a cocktail (because you know we hadn't already had enough right?) - I just love this drink.
I joined one of the girls tonight for dinner in the other dining room. I ...
... colder than what we'd had this last fortnight.
Would I go on the Ventura again? Probably not. There was nothing at all wrong with the ship, the food, the entertainment or the service. No, it was none of that. Maybe it was because there were just too many people, yet we didn't make any friends or have a favourite hang-out this time. What is it they say about being lonely in a crowd? No, give me the smaller ships any ...
Other places to stay in Barbados
Needham's Point, Saint Michael | 5 star hotelfrom $181
- Excellent hotel and wonderful staff
- First Class Resort
- Fantastic Hotel
Hastings, Hastings | 3 star hotelfrom $280
- Decent hotel & good locati…
- Wonderfully ROMANTIC and GREAT Service
- Worst Service Ever Pathetic
PO Box 429, Paynes Bay | 4 star hotelfrom $237
- Not very luxurious...
- Sadly disappointed
- Don't come here if you want good service
Rockley at Accra Beach, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $122
The Garrison Historic Area, Hastings | 2 star hotelfrom $82
Porters, St. James, Porters | 4 star hotelfrom $257
- Nice Hotel
- Our day at the colony club
- Just loved it
Maxwell Main Road, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $89
- Not bad for what you get
- The worst hotel I've ever stayed in
- Recently Returned from Barbados
Rockley Beach 1, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $108
- A Dump
- Beautiful, Friendly and Romantic....
- Would recommend!
Maxwell Coast Road, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $335
- Amemorable two weeks
- November paradise
- We've found paradise at the seabreeze
2nd Street, Holetown | 3 star hotelfrom $300
- OK hotel in a great position
- Best holiday ever, Have been TWICE
- Incredible staff
Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $87
Porters, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $458
- Faultless - 11th September 2004
- The best hotel in Barbados
Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $94
- Good accomodations for the price, but........
- The Best Place I ever stayed.
St. James Beach, St. James | 3 star hotelfrom $228
- A day pass to use their be…
- Discovery Bay is A-OK
- Great place to stay
Palm Avenue, Sunset Crest | 3 star hotelfrom $80
Paynes Bay, St. James | Hotelfrom $280
- Friendly nicely presented
- Dinning in a sauna!!!!!!
- Poor mans hotel
Maynards, Saint Peter | 3 star hotelfrom $134
Paynes Bay, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- Eigentlich nicht so toll
- Understated luxury for those in the know
- Shame about the Cruise Ships
Oldbury, Saint Philip | Hotelfrom $111
St. Lawrence Gap, St Lawrence Gap | 3 star hotelfrom $95
- Fantasic views, ideal location
- Had a great time at the Ocean South Gap
- Awesome view!
Holetown, St. James | 5 star hotelfrom $476
- Great place
- The best holiday we have ever had
Mullins Bay, Barbados | 2 star hotelfrom $123
Holetown, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- Beautiful setting...
- Fantastic little hotel / "villa" complex
- Perfect for families and couples looking for relaxation!
Sunset Crest, St. James | 3 star hotelfrom $102
Paynes Bay, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $290
- Stay at The House . . . Refinance yours!
- Great Concept, Staff, Just Needs a little Polish
- An Upgrade, but needs more attention
Lista di Spagna, Venice | 3 star hotelfrom $69
- Give it a miss
- Small room
- Magnifique terrasse au bor…