Globens Vandrarhem Hostel
Travel Blogs from Stockholm
... having a meltdown, where Jay had Swedish horse meatballs!!! Needless to say, I had the tuna. However, while our building was beautiful, the place we were staying was a little lack luster and I swear I can still feel bugs crawling on me from that creaky fold out bed of tennis coach and cool kid: Nil's.
Even Cora agreed with me and failed to sleep through any night.
Thank God for strong Swedish coffee and pain au chocolate.
... company on this trip, which has at times been very lonely, I am grateful for his friendship, for he is the kind of person I always hope to surround myself with. The world truly could use more people with a heart like Emanuel's.
Quote for the Day:
"One can get just as much exultation in losing oneself in a little thing as in a big thing. It is nice to think how one can be recklessly lost in a daisy!" - Anne Morrow Lindbergh
... bean ragout, fried langouistine, fresh herb salad and foi gras foam
A fantastic scallop
Arctic char baked in butter with variation of asparagus,jerusalem artichoke puree, and wild garlic sauce
Mint and champagne, lightly frozen using dry ice
Suckling lamb, rosemary fried sadel, ...
... I was visited by a different doctor than before. He explained to me that really my only option now was to have the stone physically removed. After all the grief that the 7mm monster in the red corner had caused, I was ready for a rematch. The decision made, I was soon lying in a bed in my own room on the top floor of the hospital. "Surgery is scheduled for tomorrow," they told me. 7-9 May 2014: Each of these days followed a similar pattern. I would ...
... knowing that another day out in the elements was ahead of us, and we soon ventured back to Uppsala for the night.
The next day we got a much earlier start, which had both advantages and disadvantages. On the positive side, we made it to Stockholm early enough to catch the walking tour through the modern part of the city; however, it also meant that we were exposed to the elements far longer, and the weather conditions had ...
Other places to stay in Stockholm
Tegelbacken 6, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $172
- Smallish rooms with really soft beds
- Excellent Hotel
Ringvagen 98, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $149
- Swedish Meatballs??
- Cool and hip- not your parent's hotel!
- Good choice in Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $128
- Stylish, but not an architectural must-see.
- Simply great and very relaxing surroundings!
Sodra Blasieholmshammen 8, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $314
- The grand dam of Scandinavia
- Amazing Location
- Overpriced establishment resting on its reputation
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $185
- Lovely modern hotel
- Acceptable but nothing special
- Would Not Stay Here Again
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $204
Slojdgatan 7, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $153
- Great hotel, central location, nice staff
- Clean and comfortable
- A Surprise
Enskede - Årsta - Vantör, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $139
Kungsgatan 47, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $159
- Clean, convenient, a little bit cramped
- Fantastic Hotel, Great Price
- Preiswert für Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $156
- Location Location Location and a great room!
- A very nice place to stay!
Brunkebergstorg 9 , Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $159
- First class hotel, one of the best!!
- Scandic Hotel mit besserer Qualität
- Gute Lage, Hotel war in Ordnung
Södermalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $115
Kungsholmsgatan 31, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Nice lobby
- Did you all stay in the same hotel as me?
- A good choice
Massvagen 2 Alvsjo, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $117
Sodra Kajen 37, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $102
Humlegardsgatan 23, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $153
Ekgardsvagen 2, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $111
St Eriksgatan 115, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $112
- Nice hotel, great breakfast/service
- Elite is the chain...not this hotel!
- Not Elite... But a very good Hotel.
Södermalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $165
- Wonderful view and great location
- Great location, Great Hotel
Nybrogatan 53, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $162
- Great hotel, great city
- Romantic atmosphere in the heart of Stocholm
- Loved the mornington hotel
Omonia Square, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $130
- Nice stay, good package
- Great little hotel
- Get a suite
Kungenskurva - Oxholmsgrand 2, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $124
Wallingatan 15, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $136
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $200
- Value for money garanteed
- Found the light disappointing.
- Excellent Location but.... not what we expected!
Katarinavagen 26, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $118
Karlavagen 43, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $147