Globens Vandrarhem Hostel
Travel Blogs from Stockholm
... on the motorway today but still the scenery was pretty uninspiring, it doesn't help though that we've still only had half a day of sunshine since we set off. There's still quite a lot of snow about but the roads are clear, except if you come off the main drag and go on a side road. We gave one of the side roads a try today, well our satnav decided we should. The satnav is incredible for finding the hotels and when we take a wrong turn it just calmly sits back and ...
... old and neat to look at. The big Lutheran Church built in the 14 th century was closed due to renovations. The ports in this part of Europe are extremely busy! One more stop in Germany at Kiel tomorrow,then Copenhagen and the next leg starts with the first stop in Bergen ...
... in, then got back on the T to travel to the old City Center, known as Gamla Stan. Now existing almost solely for the tourist trade, this part of town has existed since medieval times and densified through the renaissance and into today. The buildings are not exactly common-wall construction, but what I’d term as “lean on me” construction – in fact, some building are visibly out of plumb relative to their neighbors. Not enough to be ...
... accomplishments of over 800 Nobel Laureates are contained here. One interesting exhibit is overhead. At random, a picture and the Prize citation are presented on a cableway mounted in the ceiling.
And in the Bistro Nobel, we had to check under our chairs. It has become tradition that Laureates eating there autograph the chair on which they are sitting. Unfortunately, we couldn’t read the signatures of ...
... is strawberry soup with caramel ice cream, which is simply to die for!
Four of us power on after dinner to attend a Bach organ concert at the Swedish Cathedral (next to the Royal Palace). The organist does a passable job with the Toccata and Fugue in D Minor, but struggles through the Passacaglia and Fugue in C Minor. No matter; it is a splendid conclusion to a fantastic stay in Sweden!
Denmark, here we ...
Other places to stay in Stockholm
Tegelbacken 6, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $172
- Smallish rooms with really soft beds
- Excellent Hotel
Ringvagen 98, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $149
- Swedish Meatballs??
- Cool and hip- not your parent's hotel!
- Good choice in Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $128
- Stylish, but not an architectural must-see.
- Simply great and very relaxing surroundings!
Sodra Blasieholmshamnen 8, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $314
- The grand dam of Scandinavia
- Amazing Location
- Overpriced establishment resting on its reputation
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $185
- Lovely modern hotel
- Acceptable but nothing special
- Would Not Stay Here Again
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $204
Slojdgatan 7, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $153
- Great hotel, central location, nice staff
- Clean and comfortable
- A Surprise
Enskede - Årsta - Vantör, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $139
Kungsgatan 47, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $159
- Clean, convenient, a little bit cramped
- Fantastic Hotel, Great Price
- Preiswert für Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $156
- Location Location Location and a great room!
- A very nice place to stay!
Brunkebergstorg 9 , Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $159
- First class hotel, one of the best!!
- Scandic Hotel mit besserer Qualität
- Gute Lage, Hotel war in Ordnung
Kungsholmsgatan 31, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Nice lobby
- Did you all stay in the same hotel as me?
- A good choice
Södermalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $115
Massvagen 2 , Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $117
Sodra Kajen 37, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $102
Humlegardsgatan 23, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $153
Ekgardsvagen 2, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $111
St Eriksgatan 115, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $112
- Nice hotel, great breakfast/service
- Elite is the chain...not this hotel!
- Not Elite... But a very good Hotel.
Södermalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $165
- Wonderful view and great location
- Great location, Great Hotel
Nybrogatan 53, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $162
- Great hotel, great city
- Romantic atmosphere in the heart of Stocholm
- Loved the mornington hotel
Omonia Square, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $130
- Nice stay, good package
- Great little hotel
- Get a suite
Kungenskurva - Oxholmsgrand 2, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $124
Wallingatan 15, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $136
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $200
- Value for money garanteed
- Found the light disappointing.
- Excellent Location but.... not what we expected!
Katarinavagen 26, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $118
Karlavagen 43, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $147