Globens Vandrarhem Hostel
Travel Blogs from Stockholm
While it´s cold outside there are plenty of things to do in Stockholm. We´ve vowed to see as many things as we can during our time here. After all, there aren´t the crowds you find during the tourist season.
I heard there was a Matisse exhibition at Waldemarsudde, a lovely small museum in Djurgården. The day was cloudy and cold so it was a great time for some indoor touring.
... lampa (lamp) and boll (ball) ... although I'm not sure how I'll work those into any conversation! She's still trying with other words but I'm never quite sure if they're Swedish words or words she's making up because it sometimes sounds like she's speaking a hybrid Asian language. Did I mention that Adora is 23-months old? She such a cutie! I made it to 10:30 and finally went to bed ready for a good night's sleep. Tomorrow will be more walking and sightseeing so I want to be ...
... and swimming areas are very popular with the local residents. I've heard the statistic that every Stockholm resident lives within 500 meters of a park. I've never tested the fact, but I'm willing to believe it. There are parks and playgrounds everywhere you go. I'm excited to know when my grandchildren visit in a few ...
... allowed in the town centre. We saw the Rune stone, passed the cathedral, crossed through the German churchyard and ended up at the Royal Palace just in time for changing of the guard. We had a wander through the courtyards of the palace then saw the Obelisk and then onto see Iron Boy – the tiniest public statue (out of about 600 in the city). Its only the size of a fist and legend says the statue honours the orphans who had ...
... pass you by.
For an evening dinner, go to the Loch and Quay. Best steaks reasonably priced plus local beer=happy girl!
To round off the trip, splurge a little on a ticket to the 4 areas of the Royal Palace. The stateroom are a must see with their gold inlaid splendour and a visit to the staterooms which are still in use today. The treasury holds the Crown Jewels which just cannot be missed for their beauty and splendour. Eat a relaxed lunch in the gardens in ...
Other places to stay in Stockholm
Tegelbacken 6, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $172
- Smallish rooms with really soft beds
- Excellent Hotel
Ringvagen 98, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $149
- Swedish Meatballs??
- Cool and hip- not your parent's hotel!
- Good choice in Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $128
- Stylish, but not an architectural must-see.
- Simply great and very relaxing surroundings!
Sodra Blasieholmshammen 8, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $314
- The grand dam of Scandinavia
- Amazing Location
- Overpriced establishment resting on its reputation
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $185
- Lovely modern hotel
- Acceptable but nothing special
- Would Not Stay Here Again
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $204
Slojdgatan 7, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $153
- Great hotel, central location, nice staff
- Clean and comfortable
- A Surprise
Enskede - Årsta - Vantör, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $139
Kungsgatan 47, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $159
- Clean, convenient, a little bit cramped
- Fantastic Hotel, Great Price
- Preiswert für Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $156
- Location Location Location and a great room!
- A very nice place to stay!
Brunkebergstorg 9 , Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $159
- First class hotel, one of the best!!
- Scandic Hotel mit besserer Qualität
- Gute Lage, Hotel war in Ordnung
Kungsholmsgatan 31, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Nice lobby
- Did you all stay in the same hotel as me?
- A good choice
Södermalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $115
Massvagen 2 Alvsjo, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $117
Sodra Kajen 37, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $102
Humlegardsgatan 23, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $153
Ekgardsvagen 2, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $111
St Eriksgatan 115, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $112
- Nice hotel, great breakfast/service
- Elite is the chain...not this hotel!
- Not Elite... But a very good Hotel.
Södermalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $165
- Wonderful view and great location
- Great location, Great Hotel
Nybrogatan 53, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $162
- Great hotel, great city
- Romantic atmosphere in the heart of Stocholm
- Loved the mornington hotel
Omonia Square, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $130
- Nice stay, good package
- Great little hotel
- Get a suite
Kungenskurva - Oxholmsgrand 2, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $124
Wallingatan 15, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $136
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $200
- Value for money garanteed
- Found the light disappointing.
- Excellent Location but.... not what we expected!
Katarinavagen 26, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $118
Karlavagen 43, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $147