Globens Vandrarhem Hostel
Travel Blogs from Stockholm
... old Palm House from 1874 that is 16 metres tall and has narrow, cast-iron spiral stairs leading to a passageway at the top. The gardens are studded with lakes, bridges and lovely flowerbeds. We walked up to Observatory Hill then around to the Palm House which unfortunately wasn't open. We walked back through the Rock Gardens then crossed the road to get to Rosenborgs Castle. We didn't have time to view the castle so instead we walked around ...
... our room was placed right next to the lounge. The good part about that was that we had great WiFi since the router was next to our door, but then people would sit on chairs in front of our door. I actually hit a girl walking out one day because she was blocking our door.
Saturday we slept in as much as we could with the thin walls. You could hear the conversations in the room next to us. Once we got ready, we walked over to ...
... around a bit, had a bite to eat and strolled along the waterfront (see first pic of us). Plans were to have a relatively quiet day ... and that's what we did. Jens and Adora arrived home shortly after we did. While Jens prepared us a lovely and delicious supper, Karyn and I continued to catch up, I unpacked a little and took a shower - felt human again, and Adora played on my bed reading books and looking at the pictures on my phone. She's also teaching me a few words ...
We arrived in Oslo in the afternoon and checked in to our hotel which was just around the corner. It is the new rage over here to have self check in, which was quite simple. It was surprisingly nice accomm for the price. We walked around Oslo in the afternoon. Oslo isn't really much to look at. The Royal Palace was a nice sight at the end of a long road. The Norwegians certainly like to eat out. Every restaurant we walked past ...
... main harbour area of Stockholm which is really beautiful. It was a lovely day and the area was busy with all types of craft, small ferries which move around the various islands in the harbour to large transport ferries that also take vehicles to other islands of the archipelago, lots of pleasure craft and also several large cruise liners in port. We walked down through the modern city and over one of the many bridges connecting smaller islands to ...
Other places to stay in Stockholm
Tegelbacken 6, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $172
- Smallish rooms with really soft beds
- Excellent Hotel
Ringvagen 98, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $149
- Swedish Meatballs??
- Cool and hip- not your parent's hotel!
- Good choice in Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $128
- Stylish, but not an architectural must-see.
- Simply great and very relaxing surroundings!
Sodra Blasieholmshamnen 8, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $314
- The grand dam of Scandinavia
- Amazing Location
- Overpriced establishment resting on its reputation
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $185
- Lovely modern hotel
- Acceptable but nothing special
- Would Not Stay Here Again
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $204
Slojdgatan 7, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $153
- Great hotel, central location, nice staff
- Clean and comfortable
- A Surprise
Enskede - Årsta - Vantör, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $139
Kungsgatan 47, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $159
- Clean, convenient, a little bit cramped
- Fantastic Hotel, Great Price
- Preiswert für Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $156
- Location Location Location and a great room!
- A very nice place to stay!
Brunkebergstorg 9 , Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $159
- First class hotel, one of the best!!
- Scandic Hotel mit besserer Qualität
- Gute Lage, Hotel war in Ordnung
Kungsholmsgatan 31, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Nice lobby
- Did you all stay in the same hotel as me?
- A good choice
Södermalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $115
Massvagen 2 , Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $117
Sodra Kajen 37, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $102
Humlegardsgatan 23, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $153
Ekgardsvagen 2, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $111
St Eriksgatan 115, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $112
- Nice hotel, great breakfast/service
- Elite is the chain...not this hotel!
- Not Elite... But a very good Hotel.
Södermalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $165
- Wonderful view and great location
- Great location, Great Hotel
Nybrogatan 53, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $162
- Great hotel, great city
- Romantic atmosphere in the heart of Stocholm
- Loved the mornington hotel
Omonia Square, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $130
- Nice stay, good package
- Great little hotel
- Get a suite
Kungenskurva - Oxholmsgrand 2, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $124
Wallingatan 15, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $136
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $200
- Value for money garanteed
- Found the light disappointing.
- Excellent Location but.... not what we expected!
Katarinavagen 26, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $118
Karlavagen 43, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $147