Globens Vandrarhem Hostel
Travel Blogs from Stockholm
... we saw a reindeer and her baby by the road. We stopped to let her pass. ( I think it was a reindeer it might have just been a deer.)
That night we went out again looking for more Northern lights but there was no activity, we will have to be happy with what we saw the night before. At about 10pm the fire alarms in the hotel started going off. We had to evacuate but not before I put ...
... my learning curve has plateaued... I'm having trouble coming up with words! I wanted to ask the cleaner what they do with items they find in the showers, and it was really challenging!! She understood me though, I think. It was really dark on the way back from the library, and I tried to take the biggest, best lit streets. Stockholm is supposed to be pretty safe for a metropolitan city, but I had my laptop with me and you never know!!
... parking that they'd emailed me about, locked up the bike and dragged my gear to reception. I checked my Kindle, but it's still not charging so I think that's it for the Kindle, R.I.P. So far the losses for this trip include my neck scarf, two USB chargers, the helmet camera which got replaced, the helmet's headphone bracket, my Westpac Debit Card (which still isn't working) and now my Kindle. I chatted to Jess by text message, and learned that ...
... result is magnificent. Nearly 98% of the full-sized Vasa housed in the museum is original! Had the Vasa sailed away, we would never have this 17th century relic available to view, and the fact that it sank in the brackish, cold water of the Baltic sea kept sea worms and other destructive forces from causing the disintegration usually seen with other shipwrecks. We ended our first day with a boat tour ...
... in 19th Century, we saw stately homes with marvellous gardens filled with the most beautiful Peony Roses in full bloom.
~ We climbed a hill in Soderkoping, ate ice cream served by an Australian/ Swedish waitress, we picked wild blue berries and walked along the Goya canal that connects Stockholm with Gotenborg.
A wonderful week well organised and executed by our hosts Alma, Ingrida, Anders, Henric, Helena and the kids, Elin, ...
Other places to stay in Stockholm
Tegelbacken 6, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $172
- Smallish rooms with really soft beds
- Excellent Hotel
Ringvagen 98, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $149
- Swedish Meatballs??
- Cool and hip- not your parent's hotel!
- Good choice in Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $128
- Stylish, but not an architectural must-see.
- Simply great and very relaxing surroundings!
Sodra Blasieholmshamnen 8, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $314
- The grand dam of Scandinavia
- Amazing Location
- Overpriced establishment resting on its reputation
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $185
- Lovely modern hotel
- Acceptable but nothing special
- Would Not Stay Here Again
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $204
Slojdgatan 7, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $153
- Great hotel, central location, nice staff
- Clean and comfortable
- A Surprise
Enskede - Årsta - Vantör, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $139
Kungsgatan 47, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $159
- Clean, convenient, a little bit cramped
- Fantastic Hotel, Great Price
- Preiswert für Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $156
- Location Location Location and a great room!
- A very nice place to stay!
Brunkebergstorg 9 , Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $159
- First class hotel, one of the best!!
- Scandic Hotel mit besserer Qualität
- Gute Lage, Hotel war in Ordnung
Kungsholmsgatan 31, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Nice lobby
- Did you all stay in the same hotel as me?
- A good choice
Södermalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $115
Massvagen 2 , Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $117
Sodra Kajen 37, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $102
Humlegardsgatan 23, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $153
Ekgardsvagen 2, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $111
St Eriksgatan 115, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $112
- Nice hotel, great breakfast/service
- Elite is the chain...not this hotel!
- Not Elite... But a very good Hotel.
Södermalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $165
- Wonderful view and great location
- Great location, Great Hotel
Nybrogatan 53, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $162
- Great hotel, great city
- Romantic atmosphere in the heart of Stocholm
- Loved the mornington hotel
Omonia Square, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $130
- Nice stay, good package
- Great little hotel
- Get a suite
Kungenskurva - Oxholmsgrand 2, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $124
Wallingatan 15, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $136
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $200
- Value for money garanteed
- Found the light disappointing.
- Excellent Location but.... not what we expected!
Katarinavagen 26, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $118
Karlavagen 43, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $147