TripAdvisor Reviews Friendship Hotel San Diego
Travel Blogs from San Diego
Final tour which involved the beaches of La Jolla, Pacific Beach and Mission Beach on the trolley bus!
Cloudy morning,or as the locals would say, it's the San Diego gloom! , so we joined Rick on his bus and he took us for a tour!
looking down on La Jolla is a memorial dedicated to people, living and dead, who had/ have served the people of La Jolla and San Diego as well as ...
... a getaway for many Hollywood golden year actors and actresses. Marilyn Momroe filmed Some Like It Hot here, and Ronald Reagan hosted an election campaign function from its ballroom. The hotel is magnificent and houses the 61st in the world electronic elevator, it's an old style elevator that has an employee take people up and down its three floors. The hotel also was the first hotel with electricity, in fact Thomas Edison flicked its switches. Frank L Baum wrote many a novel here, ...
Today Tuesday April 7 I think we are going to San Diego zoo. Shuttle pick up is 8.15am and its a beautiful sunny day. We pick up some others on the way before being processed and loaded onto appropriate buses and off the San Diego. Its is a 1 hour 50 minute ride down the 8 lane freeway Route 5. Light traffic at first then crawling long for 15 minutes then back full speed 55 mh again.
We go thru tickets booth at the zoo and get ...
... girls, Kayla and Jane, travelling together and both from Washington State (so the other end of the Amtrak!). We then went out for an ice cream together down the street and my flip flop ended up breaking on the way back, so I had to walk with just the one flip flop on and my other foot bare on the pavement... LOVELY... well the girls found it funny! We then arranged to go for dinner the following evening together at a good Mexican restaurant ...
... ft wide - 18 decks - equivalent of a 20 story building - 156 pound weight of each anchors chain link - 4.02 acre flight deck It was built during WWII, surprisingly taking only 17 months to build, but wasn't commissioned until 1 week post-WWII ending. It was used in the Cold War, Vietnam War (was pivotal in rescuing 3,000 refugees in the fall of Saigon), Operation Desert Storm (warfare response to the Iraqi seizure of Kuwait), and was lastly involved in ...
Other places to stay in San Diego
Core-Columbia, San Diego | 3 star hotelfrom $141
- It was a holiday inn....
- Holiday Inn - never again!
- Good experience in September
Old Town/Hotel Circle, San Diego | 4 star hotelfrom $196
- Not my choice
- Wonderful Staff, Excellent Hotel
- Not worth the PRice
Horton Plaza, San Diego | 5 star hotelfrom $218
- Beautifully restored hotel.
- Truly 5 Star experience
- One of the Nicest Hotels We have Stayed at!
Core-Columbia, San Diego | 4 star hotelfrom $160
- Very poor customer communication
- Great location and service
- Poor Customer Service!
Old Town/Hotel Circle, San Diego | 3 star hotelfrom $81
- Shuttles are great
- Not What Expected
- Disgusted with treatment of military personal
411 Hotel Circle South, San Diego | 3 star hotelfrom $89
- Very small room
- Ok at best
- Best Western 7 Seas is an excellent choice
La Jolla, San Diego | 5 star hotelfrom $178
- Decent stay, but could use a little updating
- Wasn't that bad
- Investment needed
Midway District, San Diego | 3 star hotelfrom $156
- Paradise Found at the West Tower
- $14.00 parking fee for overnight guests???
- Bad attutude Manager named Dave
Mission Beach/Pacific Beach, San Diego | 4 star hotelfrom $197
- Absolutely not worth the money
- Good Hotel
- Overpriced - don't recommend
Carmel Valley, San Diego | 3 star hotelfrom $155
- Great Hotel!
- Great hotel- near I-5
- Great Hotel
University City, San Diego | 3 star hotelfrom $175
- Great Hotel!
- Our New San Diego Area Hotel
- I expected more.
Old Town/Hotel Circle, San Diego | 3 star hotelfrom $142
- Great Family Vacation!
- Bad room assignments
- Great Rom and Friendly Staff
Barrio Logan, San Diego | 4 star hotelfrom $181
Old Town/Hotel Circle, San Diego | 3 star hotelfrom $151
- Spacious room, lacking service
- Pricey but OK
- Great stay at the Sheraton Suites San Diego!
Central San Diego, San Diego | 5 star hotelfrom $198
- Beautiful Hotel, Beautifully Managed
- An Enjoyable Stay
- You can't go wrong.
Core-Columbia, San Diego | 4 star hotelfrom $194
- !Never Stay There Again!
- Stay maybe...eat...no way...
- Not worth it
Old Town/Hotel Circle, San Diego | 3 star hotelfrom $126
- A big thumbs-up on this hotel--I would definitely stay again.
- Pretty good
- Not glamorous
Mission Valley East, San Diego | 3 star hotelfrom $154
- Beautiful hotel, Very Helpful staff.
- You will not believe this
- Loved this Doubletree!
Old Town/Hotel Circle, San Diego | 3 star hotelfrom $89
- Pleasantly surprised
- A Disappointing experience
- Great Vacation- would return again
Old Town/Hotel Circle, San Diego | 3 star hotelfrom $148
Western San Diego, San Diego | 3 star hotelfrom $147
Old Town/Hotel Circle, San Diego | 3 star hotelfrom $77
- Loved the Town and Country
- Definitely stay again
- Good Value for the $$$
Marina, San Diego | 3 star hotelfrom $199
- A wonderful place to stay
- Wonderful and Relaxing Getaway
- Great value
Mission Valley East, San Diego | 3 star hotelfrom $142
- Great deal at the Del Mar Hilton
- Very nice!
- We will return !
Rancho Bernardo, San Diego | 5 star hotelfrom $196
- Not a 4 or 5 star at all!!
- Nice place for the price
- Distinctly average
East Village, San Diego | 5 star hotelfrom $187
- Don't stay at the lower level or bring an ear plug
- Two thumbs up!
- Great Room, Great Rate