Travel Blogs from Copenhagen
... see which bus we should catch to get back home. Before going home we checked the Netto grocery store for some things that I could bring home. I didn't end up buying anything though. We then went back outside and got on the 350S to take us back to where our bikes are. Once we got to the bus station we grabbed our bikes and biked home. We arrived home around 5:45pm. Once we got home we showed Anders and Vicki all the pictures we had taken from today. Dan and Anders were ...
... I desperately wish we had at home! It’s such a Seattle thing, I’m sure it’s only a matter of time (right??) Fresh produce outside, specialty shops (spices, wine, cheese, chocolate) and take-out restaurants inside. All very open air, market-stall style, but with more permanent walls, kitchens, etc. Clean and classy and everything you could want to choose from… plus the ability to drink ...
... a member of the EU, have decided they do not want to adopt the Euro and have their Kroner instead. Yeah OK a number of EU countries have done that but seriously, they all wanted the Kroner but their own versions … sigh. So A Danish Kroner is no good in Sweden and vice versa and Norwegian Kroner, yep you guessed it, no good in either as well as the other way around. So getting our euro converted and then changed again, although easy ...
... when to cross and how to make left and right turns but we survived with only a bit of a sore butt.
There is a wheel lock and key on the bike. You just lock it, park it and off you go. ...
... Edward himself took a great interest in the Church. and on the opening day, European royalty from Prince and Princess of Wales, King Christian IX and Queen Consort Louise of Denmarl, Tsar Alexander III and Tsarina Maria of Russia and George I and Olga of Greece all came.
It was a really beautiful Church, and a lovely little stop on our way.
We walked to Amalienborg, the official residence of the Royal family. It is made up of four almost ...
Other places to stay in Copenhagen
Nyrops, Copenhagen | 5 star hotelfrom $223
- Great location but some improvements required
- Couldn't ask for better
Mejlgårdens, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $174
Frederiksstaden, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $161
Fisketorvets, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $161
- Terrible service at the Copenhagen Island Hotel
- Best shower, worst service
- Could do a lot better!
Christianshavn, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $145
- Overpriced middle class hotel
- Great breakfast, flash gym equipment but smallish rooms and very expensive
- Do not under any circumstance stay here
Abel Cathrines, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $171
- Great Location
- Need look no further a Gem of a Hotel
- Excellent Hotel, Excellent Service
Tivolis, Copenhagen | 2 star hotelfrom $117
- Great they have got it right
- Too uncomfortable for me
Nyrops, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $193
- Very good hotel in a convenient central location
- Not even up to Scandic Standards
- Not worth it.
Frederiksstaden, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $206
- Fantastic - highly recommended
- Great staff, fab for foodies!
- City Break
Indre By, Copenhagen | 5 star hotelfrom $272
- Lovely hotel
Tivolis, Copenhagen | 5 star hotelfrom $300
- Excellent Stay
- Great Hotel
- Great Hotel - Not just a guest factory
Reventlows, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $127
- A stroll from the central train station
- For train travellers
- Ein sch÷ner Ort zum ▄bernachten
Indre By, Copenhagen | 5 star hotelfrom $217
- Worst Hotel in Europe
- Una pÚsima experiencia
- Sleep on a park bench, instead of staying here!!!
Sydhavnens, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $144
Vesterbro - Kongens Enghave, Copenhagen | 2 star hotelfrom $114
Nyrops, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Modern Hotel in a Good Location
- Stylish Scandinavian
- Hip to be Square!
Helgolands, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $169
Kalvebodernes, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $162
- Excellent Hotel!!
- Excellent Location
- Perfect for a short break in copenhagen
Backers, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $157
Vesterbro - Kongens Enghave, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $114
Helgolands, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $104
- Pleasant hotel - very central
- Business Class Wannabe
- Very, Good and Central
Gammelholms, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $160
- Nice quiet hotel on the perfect spot
- Avoid this one!
Indre By, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $125
Nyrops, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Lovely Hotel
- Great Location if you want to be able to walk to everything
- Generally positive experience!
Nyrops, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $154
- Insgesamt ein gro▀artiges Erlebnis
- Overall great experience
- Not convinced