Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach
How has this hotel rated in the past?
TravelPod Member ReviewsFour Points by Sheraton Miami Beach
OVERALL: Great place to stay in Miami Beach - good location on the beach, friendly international staff, clean, attractive common areas, comfortable beds, super beach view, perfect for a relaxing beach stay! We will return.
LOCATION - great
· easy to get to and from Miami via nearby Rt 112 causeway, situated around mid-Miami Beach, it is about 15 minutes by car to both ritzy Bal Harbour to the north and the trendy South Beach area
· right on the beach - a minute walk from the lovely pool area through the keyed access gate in the back takes you to the boardwalk and beach
· beautiful ocean view from our room and balcony
CHECK-IN and CHECK-OUT - both were easy and fast, with friendly service
· complimentary apples available all day
· free coffee, tea all day near lobby
ROOM - comfortable and clean
· Comfortable beds and pillows - not too hard, not too soft - just right!
· Clean bathroom - sink and bathtub were spotless
· Linens -the bath towels were the softest ever
· large walk-in closet with small safe, iron and ironing board
· 2 bottles of water - free and replenished daily
· Free wi-fi, good internet service
VALET SERVICE - very good; They ask that you call the valet office 15 minutes before you want your car - we never had to wait for it. $29/day plus tax
FOOD - great!
· Enjoyed the $16 BREAKFAST BUFFET - SUNGRASS CAFÉ, served 8-11am in main dining area - good selection of fresh pastries, bread and rolls, bacon and sausage, scrambled eggs, pancakes and waffles, fruit, cheese, yogurt, and hot and cold cereal. NOTE: specialty eggs are made to order and delivered to your table - omelets were great.
· Ordered drinks and sandwiches at the TIKI BAR by the pool to enjoy on the beach - turkey club sandwich and tomato flatbread (like pizza) were delicious!
· No mini-fridge in the room and the ice machines are on every other floor
· The concierge staff is friendly but did not seem that knowledgeable. They did make dinner reservations for us one night, but we made our own during the rest of our 6 night stay. They did not have any suggestions for a sunset boat cruise around Miami but there are quite a few brochures available next to the desk and of course, the internet is probably the best bet for tour and restaurant information and reservations.
· Lounge chairs and umbrellas on the beach can be rented from an independent company for $10 each cash, no credit and available until 5pm- their hut with blue umbrellas is to the right once you enter the beach from the boardwalk. (The Soho Beach House's blue and white chairs are to the left.)
· Lime green beach towels are available at the poolside cart - no problems getting them. (no sign out necessary)
· We were on the 7th floor, which had a wonderful ocean view. Lower floors may have an obscured view from bushes and trees, so you may want to ask for a higher floor when booking an ocean view room.
· There is only one restaurant in the Sheraton, but the hotel is very close to other hotels with more food options. We ate at the Fontainebleu twice - Scarpetta's and Blade (Sushi) were both quite good.
· Be aware -at the Sheraton and other Miami Beach restaurants, a gratuity (15% to 18%) is included on the check.
· For parking options, there is a garage across from the hotel. I think it is $25/day but not sure if that includes unlimited in and out. We went for the valet parking - convenient in and out service - $29/day plus tax.
· There is a CitiBike bicycle stand (bicycles that can be rented from one location and returned at another of the 100 locations) a couple of minutes walk from the hotel.
· Yoga on the beach at 3rd Street- 7am sunrise class and 6pm sunset class by the lifeguard stand; free parking on Ocean Drive and 3rd Street (meters start at 9am) - walk through Marjory Stoneman Douglas Ocean Beach Park to the beach. We went to the 7am class. If you can get up early enough, go for it! Don't forget to bring a large towel. The instructor Ben had a calm, helpful demeanor; beautiful view, relaxing, perfect start to the day!
· Try the famous Joe's Stone Crab, established in 1913 - at the southern tip of Miami Beach - popular and tasty...many of the wait staff have been working there for over 25 years!
· For Portuguese food, Old Lisbon (on Sunset in South Miami was perfect with a good array of bacalhau (cod) and pasteis de nata (iconic Portuguese custard tart).
· Oggi's (on the 79th St. Causeway) was also a lovely, but out of the way spot, for a good Italian dinner and attentive service.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TravelPod member and not of TravelPod.com.
Historical Traveler Reviews Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach
Hotel was reasonable but the overall service was disappointing!
Although my stay in Miami was wonderful I have to say that I was disappointed with the service at the Four Points Hotel. Almost everyone at the hotel seemed annoyed whenever we asked for the slightest thing.
Hospitality is not their speciality! Food at the restaurant was not to be consumed unless you're really drunk. To add insult to injury....it was very expensive. Probably the nicest department in the entire hotel was the housekeeping department. One housekeeper in particular, Sally, did a wonderful job with our room. The pool boy, Mystery, was also very helpful and friendly. Overall, the hotel was not horrible for the price you pay but the bad service made it a reason we will not go back there.
A smile goes a long way!
Very nice hotel
My friends and I stayed at the Four points in Miami in the month of July. The service was excellent the staff was very friendly and our room was situated in a nice location. This hotel is located at 43rd st.
so if you want to go to the Art Deco area you will need to take a cab which will cost you around $8.00. The hotel is in a good location because you can choose to go swimming at the two pools in the hotel or go to the beach which is right behind the hotel. You will have to pay $23.00 if you want to rent chairs on the beach. The towels are free so you don't have to worry about bringing your own. I would definitely stay here again because the location is not too far or too close to all the hub bub that Miami has to offer!
Assistant Manager horrible
The hotel room was filled with ants, and the manager has a huge temper
JUST Ok once everything got cleared up
Let me summarize lest I bore the readers.: May 26- Jun 1 1. We weren't allowed to check in till 5pm (luckily we had a car to drive around Miami in) 2. They misplaced our bags 3. They charged my credit card three times then said it didnt go through (I called the card company...they said the card had been charged so much that it was overdrawn!) 4. They switched our rooms and made us carry our bags there 5. After all of that they offered a free breakfast and a free drink! We declined and checked out the Fountainebleu next door! 6. We booked rooms at Fountainebleu for our conference we were attending we told Sheraton management 7. The manager at Sheraton called us and offered us Executive suites overlooking the ocean, free breakfast every morning, and one night free. We accepted and after that all went very well for us at Sheraton. We appreciate the way they accomodated us after all that happened
I stayed there over the memorial weekend. If you want to be able to sleep this hotel is in the right location. It is just far enough north to keep you away from all the loud noise. I had friends staying in about 10 different hotels further south all had noise problems. Due to large traffic crowds all the hotels between 6th and 20 th street were terrible about 4 minutes per block in traffic. If you are staying at the four points its on the 4300 block you can circumvent the traffic. This was a nice location but get the ocean side view, if not you will be looking at the city street with a parking lot. (they call it the bay view)
Just Right for us
The location was great it provided easy access to south beach and other attractions. Hotel was clean staff were helpful and friendly but parking cost an additional $15 a day. Beach and pool area were nice but beach chairs cost $10 a day.
Okay hotel (w/ nice lobby)
The hotel seemed pretty cool the first night we got there, (because it was dark out!) Seemed to have nice pool and cool that it was on the boardwalk and so close to the water. Excellent lobby. But then we left for a cruise on Royal Caribbean's Navigator Of The Seas. The day we got back from the cruise, we realized how skank it was for how much you payed. The elevators were small with gross mirrors surrounding you. The lobby was still really neat, but the rooms are gross. And like another review says, "a nice hotel, but with moldy rooms," and that's exactly what it was. OVERALL: Find some place else like a hotel a couple hotels down the boardwalk that looked wonderful, i can't remember what it was called, but it was something Brothers. That looked awesome and very entertaining.
Very nice hotel
four Points Sheraton miami Beach - just returned today 11th march 2003 Clean nicely furnished room. Hotel staff very friendly and very helpful. Pool area lovely and well kept. Hotel is on a fabulous beach. Food very good. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff at this hotel, we couldnt fault anything, except perhaps a mini bar in the room would have been nice, but we only had a standard room, other rooms may have had one. Not really within walking distance to south beach where all the shops, bars etc are, so need to get taxis but lots around and not too expensive. We would recommend this hotel and would definately go back.
Nice hotel with moldy rooms
The Four Points Hotel by Sheraton is located in a VERY busy area on Miami Beach. If you don't like to drive in traffic, be aware of this. They only have valet parking that they charge you $15.00 a day for. It was irritating because you really can't walk to the shopping and eating areas. The hotel lobby, restaurant and pool areas were very nice. The pool was quite cold though. Our room was not so nice! When we first entered, I did notice a very musty smell, then I noticed that one entire wall was just covered with black mold. A lot of mold! When I brought this to their attention they offered to move us to a different room,but since we were only there for one night, and we had already unpacked, we agreed on a free breakfast in exchange for sleeping in a mold infested room.
Not Very Good
The lobby is nice, but the rooms are below average. The carpet was very worn and had coffee stains. The furniture is not modern.
TripAdvisor Reviews Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach
Travel Blogs from Miami Beach
Gracenotes stayed here on Mar 8, 2015 during their trip titled: Miami Beach Getaway.
... area and we missed out. Drat. But the site of the hundreds of Sea Lions crowding the beach nearby was worth the trip, and made up for it.
Wednesday 27 May was a massive day of driving, but it was worth it because we were headed to Vegas, baby!! What a fun and exciting place, unlike anywhere I’ve been before. Even as someone who very rarely gambles, and didn’t at ...
... of the year is coming – Thanksgiving. It’s our time to pause and remember with warm feelings of gratefulness, our blessings and the special people in our lives.
May the spirit of this season be with you!
And many thanks for joining us on our sojourn to the White Mountains of New Hampshire during this 2014 fall foliage season.
... US, Miami does not seem to be affected. Toorak is looking rather dull and like one of the poorer suburbs in comparison.The hop on hop off bus was the feature of day 3 in Miami. Great value and a tour of all the sites both in south beach and downtown Miami. Traffic was slightly chaotic due to a scheduled 24 hour music festival but viewing the music fans provided entertainment as we waited.
We loved Miami and it vibrance. Tomorrow morning we head to Vegas.
... if you are in a posh restaurant. On the plus side you pay for dinner but you have enough for lunch the next day too. 2. Cars are huge too and 4x4´s are much more common than cars like BMW's. They are also almost exclusively automatic. Also traffic lights are suspended from above rather than supported by a pole on the ground. Good for bad drivers. 3. The majority of American TV adverts are about medicine. All short of drugs from simple analgesics ...