Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach
No prices found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
How has this hotel rated in the past?
Photos of Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach
TravelPod Member ReviewsFour Points by Sheraton Miami Beach
OVERALL: Great place to stay in Miami Beach - good location on the beach, friendly international staff, clean, attractive common areas, comfortable beds, super beach view, perfect for a relaxing beach stay! We will return.
LOCATION - great
· easy to get to and from Miami via nearby Rt 112 causeway, situated around mid-Miami Beach, it is about 15 minutes by car to both ritzy Bal Harbour to the north and the trendy South Beach area
· right on the beach - a minute walk from the lovely pool area through the keyed access gate in the back takes you to the boardwalk and beach
· beautiful ocean view from our room and balcony
CHECK-IN and CHECK-OUT - both were easy and fast, with friendly service
· complimentary apples available all day
· free coffee, tea all day near lobby
ROOM - comfortable and clean
· Comfortable beds and pillows - not too hard, not too soft - just right!
· Clean bathroom - sink and bathtub were spotless
· Linens -the bath towels were the softest ever
· large walk-in closet with small safe, iron and ironing board
· 2 bottles of water - free and replenished daily
· Free wi-fi, good internet service
VALET SERVICE - very good; They ask that you call the valet office 15 minutes before you want your car - we never had to wait for it. $29/day plus tax
FOOD - great!
· Enjoyed the $16 BREAKFAST BUFFET - SUNGRASS CAFÉ, served 8-11am in main dining area - good selection of fresh pastries, bread and rolls, bacon and sausage, scrambled eggs, pancakes and waffles, fruit, cheese, yogurt, and hot and cold cereal. NOTE: specialty eggs are made to order and delivered to your table - omelets were great.
· Ordered drinks and sandwiches at the TIKI BAR by the pool to enjoy on the beach - turkey club sandwich and tomato flatbread (like pizza) were delicious!
· No mini-fridge in the room and the ice machines are on every other floor
· The concierge staff is friendly but did not seem that knowledgeable. They did make dinner reservations for us one night, but we made our own during the rest of our 6 night stay. They did not have any suggestions for a sunset boat cruise around Miami but there are quite a few brochures available next to the desk and of course, the internet is probably the best bet for tour and restaurant information and reservations.
· Lounge chairs and umbrellas on the beach can be rented from an independent company for $10 each cash, no credit and available until 5pm- their hut with blue umbrellas is to the right once you enter the beach from the boardwalk. (The Soho Beach House's blue and white chairs are to the left.)
· Lime green beach towels are available at the poolside cart - no problems getting them. (no sign out necessary)
· We were on the 7th floor, which had a wonderful ocean view. Lower floors may have an obscured view from bushes and trees, so you may want to ask for a higher floor when booking an ocean view room.
· There is only one restaurant in the Sheraton, but the hotel is very close to other hotels with more food options. We ate at the Fontainebleu twice - Scarpetta's and Blade (Sushi) were both quite good.
· Be aware -at the Sheraton and other Miami Beach restaurants, a gratuity (15% to 18%) is included on the check.
· For parking options, there is a garage across from the hotel. I think it is $25/day but not sure if that includes unlimited in and out. We went for the valet parking - convenient in and out service - $29/day plus tax.
· There is a CitiBike bicycle stand (bicycles that can be rented from one location and returned at another of the 100 locations) a couple of minutes walk from the hotel.
· Yoga on the beach at 3rd Street- 7am sunrise class and 6pm sunset class by the lifeguard stand; free parking on Ocean Drive and 3rd Street (meters start at 9am) - walk through Marjory Stoneman Douglas Ocean Beach Park to the beach. We went to the 7am class. If you can get up early enough, go for it! Don't forget to bring a large towel. The instructor Ben had a calm, helpful demeanor; beautiful view, relaxing, perfect start to the day!
· Try the famous Joe's Stone Crab, established in 1913 - at the southern tip of Miami Beach - popular and tasty...many of the wait staff have been working there for over 25 years!
· For Portuguese food, Old Lisbon (on Sunset in South Miami was perfect with a good array of bacalhau (cod) and pasteis de nata (iconic Portuguese custard tart).
· Oggi's (on the 79th St. Causeway) was also a lovely, but out of the way spot, for a good Italian dinner and attentive service.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TravelPod member and not of TravelPod.com.
TripAdvisor Reviews Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach
Travel Blogs from Miami Beach
Thu 11 Aug
I just had breakfast at the Rain Forest Café and soon we are going to drive down to Miami.
Miami is a very busy city with lots of tall buildings. We went over a long bridge to get to Miami beach and saw all the super expensive houses on the left hand side - they make Sandbanks houses look small!
Our hotel is on …
... area and we missed out. Drat. But the site of the hundreds of Sea Lions crowding the beach nearby was worth the trip, and made up for it.
Wednesday 27 May was a massive day of driving, but it was worth it because we were headed to Vegas, baby!! What a fun and exciting place, unlike anywhere I’ve been before. Even as someone who very rarely gambles, and didn’t at ...
... of the year is coming – Thanksgiving. It’s our time to pause and remember with warm feelings of gratefulness, our blessings and the special people in our lives.
May the spirit of this season be with you!
And many thanks for joining us on our sojourn to the White Mountains of New Hampshire during this 2014 fall foliage season.
... US, Miami does not seem to be affected. Toorak is looking rather dull and like one of the poorer suburbs in comparison.The hop on hop off bus was the feature of day 3 in Miami. Great value and a tour of all the sites both in south beach and downtown Miami. Traffic was slightly chaotic due to a scheduled 24 hour music festival but viewing the music fans provided entertainment as we waited.
We loved Miami and it vibrance. Tomorrow morning we head to Vegas.
... if you are in a posh restaurant. On the plus side you pay for dinner but you have enough for lunch the next day too. 2. Cars are huge too and 4x4´s are much more common than cars like BMW's. They are also almost exclusively automatic. Also traffic lights are suspended from above rather than supported by a pole on the ground. Good for bad drivers. 3. The majority of American TV adverts are about medicine. All short of drugs from simple analgesics ...