TripAdvisor Reviews BandB Filiberto Rome
Travel Blogs from Rome
We are in Godfather Country! Big day yesterday, did nearly 10 hours walking around Rome. Feet are feeling it. Vatican and Sistine Chapel were must see's, the art and sculpture work are nothing you can explain, just have to be seen. The detail from the craftsmen is absorbing, we found ourselves studying them for ages. The enormity of the buildings would make a giant feel small. Don't know why the are so big, just to impress I guess. We got there early for ...
... gotten a table. Next stop....try gelato at a highly reviewed place, the Frigidarium. It was THE BEST! Better than any I had in any other city. You can get it dipped in delicious chocolate too. I'm sad I'm not eating it right now. To burn off our food we walked back and Taylor made me go through a tunnel I didn't want to. I pouted a bit but then discovered the marvelous acoustics and made the best of it with lots of whooping and ...
... 3000 years ago. The construction features "herringbone brick floors", windows between rooms, smoke vents in the ceiling and running water in the spring room. It is truly amazing what Roman architecture could construct in that time. Note: no photos from this church. Against the rules (as in some churches) except if you are a member of the German tour group ahead of us. They take photos at will, and we know you Germans can read picture ...
... very near to the Spanish steps and he dropped us in the square and gave us directions on walking to our hotels. He claimed he couldn't get any closer. The streets are very narrow but I am sure he was supposed to drop us right outside. Never mind they were easy to find. I am travelling with Christine and Peter and Evelyn is joining us in Malta in a few days time. In Rome we are staying in 2 different hotels which are very near each other. ...
We took a break from the very warm Rome day to eat our picnic lunch seated on the old steps and our backs against cool rough walls. We had time to ponder the activity that would have taken place with blood thirsty crowds pushing past on the steps, cheering at the entertainment of beast against beast, man against beast and man against man.
The days entertainment was planned by 'editors' much like directors of a show with different set ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82