Travel Blogs from London
... National Army Museum which is
closed for two years for remodeling, the London Eye or some other high
elevation viewpoint…). Consequently I left without claiming a refund of my
transit card and with a pile of cash since these will needed on my next visit.
I probably won’t be there physically on November 11, 2018, when a massive
celebration of the 100th anniversary of the end of World War I will
take place, but I will certainly be there in spirit.
... silk scarf. On the way home, Sarah discovered that she had lost her Tube pass. She had to pay the equivalent of 15GBP each for Sunday and Monday - big time bummer! We then took the Tube to the Tower of London stop to a Medieval Banquet. The Banquet was a hoot. There were jesters, jugglers, singers, acrobats, saucy serving wenches, and sword fighters. It was loud, boisterous, and fun. We'd recommend it to anyone going to ...
Woke about 8:15am to parakeets and other birds flying in the trees and other larger, (fatter) birds wandering around the garden, pecking breakfast off the grass . One is so fat i think it might be. a hen. Lynne's status an hour ago says "Birds are singing outside my window and I'm getting married today! Smiles." Mrinmoy and i drive to Herbert Road for hair cuts. Most places are shut but eventually a ...
... about London, but as I told the gentleman who is our tour guide now that we are out of the city, we found out we didn't really know anything.
So back to Damian and the first evening out in London. By the way, ALL of our guides have been an amazing nonstop fount of knowledge. We took a meandering tour of the city (you don't go anywhere fast in London) and found ourselves at The Butcher's Hook and Cleaver. This is an authentic English Pub! It got ...
Got a tube pass and took it to Tower bridge and the Tower of London and spent a few hours there. Then headed west to see Big Ben, the Parliament, Westminster Abbey and Buckingham Palace. We grabbed some lunch at a grocery store and took it to St James park to eat. After lunch we walked around Hyde park, then took the tube to Piccadilly Circus. We had some supper and hopped around to a few bars, met some stranger and then home. -Weather ...
Other places to stay in London
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $332
- Well worth the stay
- Different Hotel?
- Perfect location
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $282
- Potential at Park Plaza County Hall
- Poor value
- Great Anniversary Stay
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $223
- Great hotel! We'll definitely go again
- Exceeded my already high expectations
- Beautiful hotel with lots of problems
Fulham, London | 3 star hotelfrom $184
Clerkenwell, London | 3 star hotelfrom $188
- Great place
- Comfortable Clean and Friendly (and that's only the reviewer)
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $736
- A magical experience
- Close to perfection.
- Thanks debbie for showing us the real london
London East, London | 4 star hotelfrom $151
- One Star Service, Four Star Price
- Absolutely Brilliant
- Fab Hotel in a Fab location!
West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $490
- Overrated and Expensive
- Simply fantastic
- Errrrr... 5*s? I think not.
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $302
- Loved the Millenium Mayfair Hotel
- Great Location...Fine Hotel!
- Very nice hotel
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $326
- Unreliability - unlike British
- Warning: This hotel may be harmful to your vacation!
- Fantastic location and bath
Islington/Angel/King's Cross, London | 5 star hotelfrom $289
- Good, but not a place for an early night!
- Sleepless nights, noisy plumbing
- Great hotel - but I wasn't paying
Earls Court, London | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- I was pleasantly surprised
- Decent hotel, Copthorne Tara Kensington
- Priceline deal
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $229
- Excellent Stay
- Very good hotel
- Nice, modern hotel
Vincent Square, London | 4 star hotelfrom $239
- Clean, fresh and modern
- Enjoy your stay in London!
- Excellent Facilities, Staff Seem Eager to Please
Knightsbridge/Earl's Court/Kensington, London | 4 star hotelfrom $188
- Recommend highly...
- Great Hotel - In an Excellent area.
- Great room, fabulous price, wonderful location!
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $205
- Lovely honeymoon
- Surprisingly good hotel
- Awful, Awful, Awful
Clerkenwell, London | 2 star hotelfrom $195
- Clean and friendly
- Good value for money hotel - but poor food
- Not Bad At All
Marylebone High Street, London | 4 star hotelfrom $188
- Best hotel of my business trip
- Good Hotel!
- Really good hotel, but could be pricey
Victoria, London | 4 star hotelfrom $262
- Beware of "standard room"
- Great location, friendly staff.
Holborn, London | 5 star hotelfrom $443
- A perfect stay at a great rate
- Fantastic and Five-Star Fabulousness
- Classy hotel at a good price
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $302
- Ignore the other quite ridiculous reviews !
- This is not a 4 star hotel
- Very Impressed
Hyde Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $327
- Wonderful Views
- 5 STAR HOTEL
- Tiny room
Northwest/Regent Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $267
- Our Best Stay in Europe
- Okay as expected
- Very impressed
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $244
- Was better than I expected.
- Style and Luxury ! The best room I ever had in my life !
- Don't judge a Hotel by its exterior!
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $424
- Rude, prejudice and unhelpful.
- Nice rooms, decent price, polite staff
- Quite pleased
Westminster/Belgravia, London | 4 star hotelfrom $253
- Pleasent stay
- Very pleased!
- Great Experience