No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
Travel Blogs from London
... the tourists..
In the 1st world war the tower was used to recruit and train the soldiers.. It is only fitting that this year the tower moat was filled with ceramic red poppies .. Over 880,000.. One for every British fatality during the war. These have since been sold off at £25 each for charity.. What a display it was!
There is so much to see here that a couple of hours is barely enough ...
... movies, so we couldn't resist going on the Warner Brothers Harry Potter Studio Tour, in Watford Junction. It's a fun visit for any Potterhead and you leave with full appreciation for the magnitude and detail that went in to making the Harry Potter movies! Besides, you get to walk the real Diagon Alley and drink butter beer!
... and games in the amusement rooms on the pier. It was late in the Afternoon by now and we only had time to swing past the Pavillion, which has an interesting genesis that goes back to the prince regent who had some exotic and extravagant tastes in architecture and decor. The outside of the pavilion is Indian while the interior is in colourful Chinese reds and yellows.
our evening ended with a beautifully done lasagne that Julie cooked, the first real meal in a week so far.
Last night was our last dinner and night out as a group and we had the best time. After dinner we had an all you can drink canal cruise which I'm sure you can imagine got pretty messy! After that we went to a few more bars and I think I crawled into bed at about 4 only to wake up at 6 for the final leg back to London. There were a few tears after breakfast as we said goodbye to those who we're staying on in Amsterdam (20 ...
... Big Ben is actually the nickname for the Great Bell of the clock at the north end of the Palace of Westminster, and not the structure that we tourists all call "Big Ben". It is apparently, the biggest 4 face chiming clock in the world and was erected in 1858....so Bob suggests that it can be classed as a big erection!
We stop off for a coffee at the nearest place we can find......just to get warm! The pub was so close to Parliament that it even had ...
Other places to stay in London
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $332
- Well worth the stay
- Different Hotel?
- Perfect location
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $282
- Potential at Park Plaza County Hall
- Poor value
- Great Anniversary Stay
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $223
- Great hotel! We'll definitely go again
- Exceeded my already high expectations
- Beautiful hotel with lots of problems
Fulham, London | 3 star hotelfrom $184
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $736
- A magical experience
- Close to perfection.
- Thanks debbie for showing us the real london
Clerkenwell, London | 4 star hotelfrom $188
- Great place
- Comfortable Clean and Friendly (and that's only the reviewer)
London East, London | 4 star hotelfrom $151
- One Star Service, Four Star Price
- Absolutely Brilliant
- Fab Hotel in a Fab location!
West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $490
- Overrated and Expensive
- Simply fantastic
- Errrrr... 5*s? I think not.
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $302
- Loved the Millenium Mayfair Hotel
- Great Location...Fine Hotel!
- Very nice hotel
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $326
- Unreliability - unlike British
- Warning: This hotel may be harmful to your vacation!
- Fantastic location and bath
Islington/Angel/King's Cross, London | 5 star hotelfrom $289
- Good, but not a place for an early night!
- Sleepless nights, noisy plumbing
- Great hotel - but I wasn't paying
Earls Court, London | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- I was pleasantly surprised
- Decent hotel, Copthorne Tara Kensington
- Priceline deal
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $229
- Excellent Stay
- Very good hotel
- Nice, modern hotel
Vincent Square, London | 4 star hotelfrom $239
- Clean, fresh and modern
- Enjoy your stay in London!
- Excellent Facilities, Staff Seem Eager to Please
Knightsbridge/Earl's Court/Kensington, London | 4 star hotelfrom $188
- Recommend highly...
- Great Hotel - In an Excellent area.
- Great room, fabulous price, wonderful location!
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $205
- Lovely honeymoon
- Surprisingly good hotel
- Awful, Awful, Awful
Clerkenwell, London | 2 star hotelfrom $195
- Clean and friendly
- Good value for money hotel - but poor food
- Not Bad At All
Marylebone High Street, London | 4 star hotelfrom $188
- Best hotel of my business trip
- Good Hotel!
- Really good hotel, but could be pricey
Victoria, London | 4 star hotelfrom $262
- Beware of "standard room"
- Great location, friendly staff.
Holborn, London | 5 star hotelfrom $443
- A perfect stay at a great rate
- Fantastic and Five-Star Fabulousness
- Classy hotel at a good price
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $302
- Ignore the other quite ridiculous reviews !
- This is not a 4 star hotel
- Very Impressed
Hyde Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $327
- Wonderful Views
- 5 STAR HOTEL
- Tiny room
Northwest/Regent Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $267
- Our Best Stay in Europe
- Okay as expected
- Very impressed
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $244
- Was better than I expected.
- Style and Luxury ! The best room I ever had in my life !
- Don't judge a Hotel by its exterior!
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $424
- Rude, prejudice and unhelpful.
- Nice rooms, decent price, polite staff
- Quite pleased
Westminster/Belgravia, London | 4 star hotelfrom $253
- Pleasent stay
- Very pleased!
- Great Experience