Travel Blogs from London
... three years to learn hundreds of runs (routes) and thousands of landmarks you must know to gain the coveted license. He owns his own "Black Cab" and his is black even though many are painted in various ways now. New York cab drivers are shamed by these guys.
Two minutes after we had locked the door of room 412 behind us, an ear splitting siren sounded a false fire alarm. After a day of civilized British culture, the alarm was the only intrusion into ...
... had a quick lunch and set about getting ready for the wedding. We also discovered that the historic hotel had an amazing stair case which was actually featured in Harry Potter and Spice world! I didn't see the second one though. Maybe Avi did ;) The wedding was held at the Royal Institute of British Architects which, as you'd expect, was a lovely building. The service was non religious but very nice. Although no airconditioning ...
... homes lined the streets and coloured homes dotted the street market area near Portobello Road, which is home to a lot of street stalls. The stalls sold lots of real vintage goods, antiques, new items, fresh fruits and vegetables, crepes, waffles...the list goes on! It was a very long street and there was a lot of very unique things to look ...
... also change the design of the pictures on the table top. Drinks are also ordered the same way. Just point, and tap with your finger and it opens up all sorts of menus. Very cool. Lots of fun and we managed to order an enjoyable meal without over ordering and without crashing the system, which was a plus!
We cabbed it home. London cabs are so prevalent, so cheap and friendly Englishmen to chat to and catch up on what’s happening around town as we ...
... to counter balance the calorie intake! (Not so good for Allan though he needs a rest from walking and is looking forward to taking it easier in Scotland. He keeps feeling guilty for slowing everyone down but we are grateful for what we are able to see & do...) ...
Other places to stay in London
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $133
- Well worth the stay
- Different Hotel?
- Perfect location
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotel
- Potential at Park Plaza County Hall
- Poor value
- Great Anniversary Stay
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $191
- Great hotel! We'll definitely go again
- Exceeded my already high expectations
- Beautiful hotel with lots of problems
Fulham, London | 3 star hotelfrom $190
Clerkenwell, London | 3 star hotelfrom $160
- Great place
- Comfortable Clean and Friendly (and that's only the reviewer)
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotel
- A magical experience
- Close to perfection.
- Thanks debbie for showing us the real london
London East, London | 4 star hotelfrom $118
- One Star Service, Four Star Price
- Absolutely Brilliant
- Fab Hotel in a Fab location!
West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $339
- Overrated and Expensive
- Simply fantastic
- Errrrr... 5*s? I think not.
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $284
- Loved the Millenium Mayfair Hotel
- Great Location...Fine Hotel!
- Very nice hotel
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $247
- Unreliability - unlike British
- Warning: This hotel may be harmful to your vacation!
- Fantastic location and bath
Islington/Angel/King's Cross, London | 5 star hotelfrom $233
- Good, but not a place for an early night!
- Sleepless nights, noisy plumbing
- Great hotel - but I wasn't paying
Earls Court, London | 4 star hotelfrom $69
- I was pleasantly surprised
- Decent hotel, Copthorne Tara Kensington
- Priceline deal
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $228
- Excellent Stay
- Very good hotel
- Nice, modern hotel
Vincent Square, London | 4 star hotelfrom $178
- Clean, fresh and modern
- Enjoy your stay in London!
- Excellent Facilities, Staff Seem Eager to Please
Knightsbridge/Earl's Court/Kensington, London | 4 star hotel$361 average
- Recommend highly...
- Great Hotel - In an Excellent area.
- Great room, fabulous price, wonderful location!
Victoria, London | 4 star hotelfrom $200
- Beware of "standard room"
- Great location, friendly staff.
Holborn, London | 5 star hotelfrom $314
- A perfect stay at a great rate
- Fantastic and Five-Star Fabulousness
- Classy hotel at a good price
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $184
- Lovely honeymoon
- Surprisingly good hotel
- Awful, Awful, Awful
Clerkenwell, London | 2 star hotelfrom $178
- Clean and friendly
- Good value for money hotel - but poor food
- Not Bad At All
Marylebone High Street, London | 4 star hotelfrom $154
- Best hotel of my business trip
- Good Hotel!
- Really good hotel, but could be pricey
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Ignore the other quite ridiculous reviews !
- This is not a 4 star hotel
- Very Impressed
Hyde Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $276
- Wonderful Views
- 5 STAR HOTEL
- Tiny room
Northwest/Regent Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $217
- Our Best Stay in Europe
- Okay as expected
- Very impressed
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $210
- Was better than I expected.
- Style and Luxury ! The best room I ever had in my life !
- Don't judge a Hotel by its exterior!
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $339
- Rude, prejudice and unhelpful.
- Nice rooms, decent price, polite staff
- Quite pleased
Westminster/Belgravia, London | 4 star hotelfrom $208
- Pleasent stay
- Very pleased!
- Great Experience