Travel Blogs from London
Today me and Alex had sorted out most of the day. First we went to Harrods I had a look at the electronics and the coolest thing in there were speakers that looked like a ball but popped out into an all out stereo system. I then went and had a look at the millionaire section and made a mental note to come back there when I became a millionaire. I then found the rest of my family in the toy section and I had a go at a video game on the ...
... just be one of the many thousands of people who moan and push their way to work every day. It’s amazing how much better I feel arriving at work nowadays than when I was just another miserable commuter - I’ve managed it for a month so far, and really think I can keep it up! I don’t think I’ve ever been a selfish person but I know I have a habit of being a bit short at times and I want to change that and extend more kindness to people so ...
... so it's never really black at all. More like a orangy-yellowy dark grey. I'm so tired this is going to need serious editing in the morning. We're currently getting ready for bed in the Nurses Quarters of the Royal Brompton Hospital, which is our home for theft five days. It's in a VERY posh area and so close to everything we'll have no trouble getting around if we don't get lost... Will keep you posted every time we hit free wifi! Lots of love to everyone ...
... back to kings cross but I got so lost lol it was the best day afternoon. I think I was in Holborn and I found a bus that went to kings cross and as I got on I realised that my oyster ticket fell out of my pocket whilst I was riding. So I walked up to Holborn underground and bought a new one. I realised that there was bus stop across the road from the tube station that was for ...
So we really did try to do it all. Walked to Westminster Abbey (about 2 miles), where we caught the boat down the Thames to the Tower of London. We took the one hour guided tour of the Tower, then saw the Crown Jewels. Jim and I took the hop on hop off bus back, while Carrie and Jay headed back for Carrie to get in a little retail therapy (very little it turns out). Then off to dinner at a restaurant we passed by earlier in ...
Other places to stay in London
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $332
- Well worth the stay
- Different Hotel?
- Perfect location
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $282
- Potential at Park Plaza County Hall
- Poor value
- Great Anniversary Stay
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $223
- Great hotel! We'll definitely go again
- Exceeded my already high expectations
- Beautiful hotel with lots of problems
Fulham, Jacksonville | 2 star hotelfrom $184
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $736
- A magical experience
- Close to perfection.
- Thanks debbie for showing us the real london
Clerkenwell, London | 4 star hotelfrom $188
- Great place
- Comfortable Clean and Friendly (and that's only the reviewer)
London East, London | 4 star hotelfrom $151
- One Star Service, Four Star Price
- Absolutely Brilliant
- Fab Hotel in a Fab location!
West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $490
- Overrated and Expensive
- Simply fantastic
- Errrrr... 5*s? I think not.
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $302
- Loved the Millenium Mayfair Hotel
- Great Location...Fine Hotel!
- Very nice hotel
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $326
- Unreliability - unlike British
- Warning: This hotel may be harmful to your vacation!
- Fantastic location and bath
Islington/Angel/King's Cross, London | 5 star hotelfrom $289
- Good, but not a place for an early night!
- Sleepless nights, noisy plumbing
- Great hotel - but I wasn't paying
Earls Court, London | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- I was pleasantly surprised
- Decent hotel, Copthorne Tara Kensington
- Priceline deal
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $229
- Excellent Stay
- Very good hotel
- Nice, modern hotel
Vincent Square, London | 4 star hotelfrom $239
- Clean, fresh and modern
- Enjoy your stay in London!
- Excellent Facilities, Staff Seem Eager to Please
Knightsbridge/Earl's Court/Kensington, London | 4 star hotelfrom $188
- Recommend highly...
- Great Hotel - In an Excellent area.
- Great room, fabulous price, wonderful location!
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $205
- Lovely honeymoon
- Surprisingly good hotel
- Awful, Awful, Awful
Clerkenwell, London | 2 star hotelfrom $195
- Clean and friendly
- Good value for money hotel - but poor food
- Not Bad At All
Marylebone High Street, London | 4 star hotelfrom $188
- Best hotel of my business trip
- Good Hotel!
- Really good hotel, but could be pricey
Victoria, London | 4 star hotelfrom $262
- Beware of "standard room"
- Great location, friendly staff.
Holborn, London | 5 star hotelfrom $443
- A perfect stay at a great rate
- Fantastic and Five-Star Fabulousness
- Classy hotel at a good price
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $302
- Ignore the other quite ridiculous reviews !
- This is not a 4 star hotel
- Very Impressed
Hyde Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $327
- Wonderful Views
- 5 STAR HOTEL
- Tiny room
Northwest/Regent Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $267
- Our Best Stay in Europe
- Okay as expected
- Very impressed
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $244
- Was better than I expected.
- Style and Luxury ! The best room I ever had in my life !
- Don't judge a Hotel by its exterior!
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $424
- Rude, prejudice and unhelpful.
- Nice rooms, decent price, polite staff
- Quite pleased
Westminster/Belgravia, London | 4 star hotelfrom $253
- Pleasent stay
- Very pleased!
- Great Experience