Extended Stay America Gaithersburg
No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
TripAdvisor Reviews Extended Stay America Gaithersburg Washington DC
Travel Blogs from Washington DC
... throw, horse pulling , crafts, food, games, old working machinery demonstrations, chickens and goats, pig scrambles, music....but our favourite thing was the bean baking. First off...the beans are locally grown. Then they soak them in a cast-iron 20 gallon African pot overnight. They add: molasses, mustard, salt, pepper, brown sugar, salt pork and onions. Then...a hole is dug in the ground and rocks are placed in the hole to sort of line it.Then a fire is burned for ...
What an amazing day! We started with complimentary breakfast for everyone at our hotel, had a quick stop at the hotel tour desk, grabbed a map and some information and headed out to explore the town! The weather was a lovely 21 degrees and not humid. I think Washington was being nice to us for our first day here. Tuesday is supposed to be quite warm and humid. I'll look forward to that . . . . (or maybe not!)
Our hotel is only two short blocks, about ...
... in this memorial really get you thinking. I found they helped me better understand the founding of the United Nations or at least the passion behind it.
- The Thomas Jefferson Memorial is a large dome building with the 'all men are created equal' quote inside.
- The National Space and Air Museum. What interested me most was the space suits and trying to figure out how they used the toilet. I don't think my brain is big enough to comprehend ...
... 14 and after that they learn their trades on the farm or within the farmhouse.
Life is centred around agriculture and weddings will only take place in October or November as everyone is too busy to attend a ceremony at other times of the year. The Amish will not use modern technology as they believe in doing things the hard way with traditional methods, so everything takes longer. A slight change in ...
... underwhelming. However with its rolling grounds and placed in context with the surrounding buildings, including several important official's offices, we left our first stop happy with our first experience of the city. This was capped with a quick history lesson of the building, including its burning down in 1814 by those pesky British. Also the less interesting origin of the building's name simply coming from George Washington labeling it, "This White House" ...
Other places to stay in Washington DC
Georgetown, Washington DC | 3 star hotelfrom $122
- Great Hotel
- Watch out for the aptly named room 101
- Clean, quiet and convenient. What more can ya ask for?
Dupont Circle, Washington DC | 4 star hotelfrom $174
- Great location and a fine hotel
- Loved Jurys
- DC has better hotels
Foggy Bottom, Washington DC | 4 star hotel
- Great room - sloppy management
- Fabulous Stay at the Watergate
- Fourth of July Weekend 2003
Downtown - Penn Quarter - Chinatown, Washington DC | 4 star hotelfrom $151
- Good hotel in great location
- Magnífico alojamiento rápido
- Great Quick Stay
Downtown - Penn Quarter - Chinatown, Washington DC | 5 star hotelfrom $224
- The finest!
- Loved the Willard
- LOVED the Willard
Southwest Employment Area, Washington DC | 3 star hotelfrom $225
- Pros and cons to our stay!
- New hotel needs improving
- Great neighborhood by day, not by night
Downtown - Penn Quarter - Chinatown, Washington DC | 3 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect For Us
- Elegant hotel at a reasonable price
SW, Washington DC | 4 star hotelfrom $160
- This hotel is worn out
- Not a 4 star hotel
- Suprised at remarks - great location....
Downtown - Penn Quarter - Chinatown, Washington DC | 4 star hotelfrom $229
SW, Washington DC | 5 star hotelfrom $333
- Nice but not 5 star
- Five Star property with a two star staff
- Over rated, and we really wanted to love it!
Adams Morgan, Washington DC | 4 star hotelfrom $133
- Not what I hoped for..
- Fine hotel, great location
Southwest Employment Area, Washington DC | 3 star hotelfrom $135
- Love the location
- Holiday Inn breakfast delay
- Ideal location, great value
Downtown - Penn Quarter - Chinatown, Washington DC | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- Roaches Anyone?
- Rough Around The Edges
- Just Ok
Downtown/West of Capitol Hill, Washington DC | 3 star hotelfrom $132
- Grand place
- What a dump
- Good if you just want a place to crash...
Downtown/West of Capitol Hill, Washington DC | 3 star hotelfrom $142
- Good location but substandard rooms and shabby housekeeping
- Have an open-mind
- Surpassed Expectations
Dupont Circle, Washington DC | 5 star hotelfrom $145
- A hotel who forgot the meaning of Service
- Anxious to see renovation
- Location was A-Plus
Dupont Circle, Washington DC | 3 star hotelfrom $141
- Staff was insufferable
- Wyndham City Center - Okay if you can get a discount rate
- Okay, but not the greatest
Foggy Bottom, Washington DC | 4 star hotelfrom $143
- Above average
- A very average hotel in a city of above-average hotels
- Do not arrive at 2 a.m.
Foggy Bottom, Washington DC | 4 star hotelfrom $303
- Not what you expect from a 5 star hotel with this name
- Good hotel
- Very Nice
Downtown/West of Capitol Hill, Washington DC | 3 star hotelfrom $166
- Recommend highly!!
- Great Value, Great Location
- Hilton Garden mis-managed
Northwest Washington, Washington DC | 3 star hotelfrom $180
- Liked this hotel very much
- A good hotel in a great neighborhood
Downtown - Penn Quarter - Chinatown, Washington DC | 4 star hotelfrom $150
- Great Location - Great Hotel - Affinia Hotels will make it better!!!
- Good stay
- Still a Holiday Inn
Dupont Circle, Washington DC | 4 star hotelfrom $158
- Bad service, poor location, stinky smells
- An excellent hotel
- Good value, customer service not great
Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End, Washington DC | 4 star hotelfrom $172
- This is a dump
- The Westin Grand, Washington D.C.
- 'Grand' once upon a time?
Downtown - Penn Quarter - Chinatown, Washington DC | 5 star hotelfrom $147
- Good location for DC family vacation home base
- Unauthorized/Excessive credit card charges and auth codes
Dupont Circle, Washington DC | 4 star hotelfrom $172
- Loved It & Travel A Lot!!
- Not as bad as all that
- Not ready for guests. period.