Explorers House Holiday Makers/ Pvt Centre
Travel Blogs from Montreal
... to wear my new stuff today, which was just my hat and my new white Adidas top (a random purchase I know but I've also brought a really dark lip stain and clear glasses haha who am I turning into. I haven't worn the glasses I just brought them one day and the lip colour was accidental but I like it). We walked outside and **** a duck it was freezing the wind was like a knife ripping though my t-shirt, a jacket and my leather jacket!! But it was alright once we got walking but ...
... to read french. But we made it! The weather was miserable and we had a steady stream of light rain the whole time. It did take away from the visit and we didn't get around to seeing everything if the sun had been out.
We are looking forward to moving on to Quebec City! Should be a great time!
We'd heard a lot before getting to Montreal about a city of gourmands and the high class food we’d find there. Unfortunately this time round we weren’t quite able to stretch to the 5 star cuisine we’d seen on Anthony Bourdain’s 'Quebecois’. However Montreal did keep us well fed.
Since arriving in Canada we’d been eager to find some good poutine and had been left a little underwhelmed by the offering we’d found ...
... of Gothic Revival architecture built between 1824 and 1829. The magnificent interior in wood and the bold modern design of the Notre-Dame-du-Sacre-Coeur Chapel captivates hundred of thousands of visitors each year. Paintings, sculptures and stained-glass windows illustrate biblical passages as well as 350 years of parish history. It is a pity my photos of inside didn't turn out as the interior is really spectacular.
Outside in front of the Basilica is ...
... fact that my contact in the alumni office that helped me with the India project had left Babson. Hence I waited a little too long to get contact information on alums in the area which delayed the visa application of my friend since he needed references from Brazil. This coupled with the fact that the embassy realized that we were making a film in the country led to a very hectic pre-departure in terms of logistics. Fortunately everything worked ...
Other places to stay in Montreal
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $192
- An anniversary getaway to remember!
- Couln't ask for more
- Chateau Champlain was wonderful!
Jeanne-Mance, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $127
- We were very pleasantly surprised with the Holiday Inn Midtown
- Great place
- Not awful at all
Downtown, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $161
- Always stay here!
- The View? Cheers! The Staff? Jeers!
- Wonderful stay
Saint-Jacques, Montreal | 5 star hotelfrom $168
- Great Hotel
- There are better options in Montreal
- Rude service, dust on the curtains and mold in the bathroom
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $181
- Avoid this place if you can
- The Good and the Bad
- Excellent location and much more
Square Mile, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $183
- Great way to end our trip!
- Not a 4-star hotel
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $183
- Only tried the revolving restaurant
- A nice place for families
- Right in between St. Catherines and Vieux-Montreal
Saint-Laurent, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $110
Peter-McGill, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $172
- The best in Montreal
- Omini Mont Royal Just Right
- Great weekend getaway
Downtown, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $164
- We recommend this hotel
- A pleasant surprise
- Hotel was good enough for our stay
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $180
- Loved every moment
- Couldn't be better
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Best Location For Gay Village
- Tired Hotel
- Beautiful, Clean, Great service
Square Mile, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $140
- Nice, inexpensive hotel
- Gestapo at the front desk
- Cantlie ignorance
Square Mile, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $209
- Rather Impressed
- Beds to die for..
- Terrific French Hotel in the Quintessential French City
Saint-Laurent, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $120
Square Mile, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $138
- Small but servicable
- Small with Big Attitude
- Excellent location
Ville-Marie, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $138
- Good price, good location
- Pricy but worth it!!!
- Not a wonderful experience
Downtown, Montreal | 2 star hotelfrom $98
- Get what you pay for
- Tiny rooms filled up with smoke
- Tiny Room and Shower
Jeanne-Mance, Montreal | 5 star hotelfrom $167
Square Mile, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $142
- Would not stay at this hotel again.
- Very nice
- If you are looking for Peace and Relaxation. STAY AWAY from it
Square Mile, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $109
- Not as bad as these reviews say...
- Not as advertised...
- Recommended to friends
Vieux-Montreal, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $169
- Great location and lovely suite
- Una excelente ubicación y una suite encantadora.
- Trčs bon emplacement et suite ravissante
Le Plateau-Mont-Royal, Montreal | 2 star hotelfrom $105
Peter-McGill, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $117
Cote-des-Neiges-Notre-Dame-de-Grace, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $151
Quartier Latin, Montreal | 2 star hotelfrom $138
- Highly Recommend!!
- Nice stay
- Great Stay!