Explorers House Holiday Makers/ Pvt Centre
Travel Blogs from Montreal
... I mastered the Metro. I knew what day it was better to get a $10 day ticket (with all the trips I did it turned out to be $2 a trip) and when to get a return $5.50 or a single $3. I knew my station, which direction it was to and from the location I was endeavouring to get to. I was thoroughly impressed by the ease and simplicity of the system.
Here in Montreal I also had my first try of poutine, a traditional Canadian dish. I cannot believe it isn't available ...
... With day becoming night around 4:30 ish I was able to get photo's of day & night @ the shrine. Then it was time to head back in the dark. I had to get the bus to the Metro station. The only problem is I'm not sure where it is, and it's dark so may not be able to see the M sign. I was concerned that I might of missed my stop, but over heard someone talking about what metro line they were getting. So when they got off, I did too. Was the right move. When I ...
today we got up very early for our tour to Ottawa which is a 3.5 hour trip from Montreal, Was a very beatiful fall day 65 degrees sunny sky's , no wind, they said it was really exceptionally warm for them. All the way down were colorful fall trees , farmland, 10000 geeses fattening up in the fields of corn for there up coming journey south, Saw lots of watch for moose signs but ...
... good fun, everyone just chills out, drinks or get stoned! Next stop Quebec City - we found the cheapest way there and that was to get a car share! We're getting good at finding cheaper alternatives these days... Watch out Martin Lewis, there just may be some new money saving experts in town!!! I have a new mission as well!! ..... To get Sam to actually write something on this blog before we get back into the US! Peace out!! ...
... in the last half hour of the five hour trip. Mainly I played Suduko. I slept for about half an hour. We stopped off at a pitstop to fill the car up with petrol and eat the pre-made lunches I made this morning.
All in all, it was an easy five-and-a-half-hour drive that went smoothly and without any real incidents to report. The weather was over cast, but did not rain. Not too hot, and not too cold.
We arrived ...
Other places to stay in Montreal
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $192
- An anniversary getaway to remember!
- Couln't ask for more
- Chateau Champlain was wonderful!
Jeanne-Mance, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $127
- We were very pleasantly surprised with the Holiday Inn Midtown
- Great place
- Not awful at all
Downtown, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $161
- Always stay here!
- The View? Cheers! The Staff? Jeers!
- Wonderful stay
Saint-Jacques, Montreal | 5 star hotelfrom $168
- Great Hotel
- There are better options in Montreal
- Rude service, dust on the curtains and mold in the bathroom
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $181
- Avoid this place if you can
- The Good and the Bad
- Excellent location and much more
Square Mile, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $183
- Great way to end our trip!
- Not a 4-star hotel
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $183
- Only tried the revolving restaurant
- A nice place for families
- Right in between St. Catherines and Vieux-Montreal
Saint-Laurent, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $110
Peter-McGill, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $172
- The best in Montreal
- Omini Mont Royal Just Right
- Great weekend getaway
Downtown, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $164
- We recommend this hotel
- A pleasant surprise
- Hotel was good enough for our stay
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $180
- Loved every moment
- Couldn't be better
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Best Location For Gay Village
- Tired Hotel
- Beautiful, Clean, Great service
Square Mile, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $140
- Nice, inexpensive hotel
- Gestapo at the front desk
- Cantlie ignorance
Square Mile, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $209
- Rather Impressed
- Beds to die for..
- Terrific French Hotel in the Quintessential French City
Saint-Laurent, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $120
Square Mile, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $138
- Small but servicable
- Small with Big Attitude
- Excellent location
Ville-Marie, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $138
- Good price, good location
- Pricy but worth it!!!
- Not a wonderful experience
Downtown, Montreal | 2 star hotelfrom $98
- Get what you pay for
- Tiny rooms filled up with smoke
- Tiny Room and Shower
Jeanne-Mance, Montreal | 5 star hotelfrom $167
Square Mile, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $142
- Would not stay at this hotel again.
- Very nice
- If you are looking for Peace and Relaxation. STAY AWAY from it
Square Mile, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $109
- Not as bad as these reviews say...
- Not as advertised...
- Recommended to friends
Vieux-Montreal, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $169
- Great location and lovely suite
- Una excelente ubicación y una suite encantadora.
- Trčs bon emplacement et suite ravissante
Le Plateau-Mont-Royal, Montreal | 2 star hotelfrom $105
Peter-McGill, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $117
Cote-des-Neiges-Notre-Dame-de-Grace, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $151
Quartier Latin, Montreal | 2 star hotelfrom $138
- Highly Recommend!!
- Nice stay
- Great Stay!