Explorers House Holiday Makers/ Pvt Centre
Travel Blogs from Montreal
... city in Vermont, but still less than 100,000 population. Burlington is right on Lake Champlain, and still retains some of its 19th C charm, especially with its three block long pedestrian Mall on Church Street, with pubs, coffee shops, clothing and outdoor supplies.
We are camped at the North Beach recreation area, about 3 miles north of town. Being a city operated site, the rates were ok at $35, and it is quiet and grassy. It is also just a stones ...
... Our evenings in Montreal were full on with an ice hockey game between Montreal and Colorado a highlight. With Glen providing coaching we were able to understand the rules and were entertained with a local win ( 3 to 2 in overtime). Hotdogs and beer reigned. We also went to a jazz club and joined locals at some local bars after top class dining each night. Teresa and Glen were fantastic hosts and even after the passage of time nothing ...
Had a bit of a lazy morning in the hotel, then a fabulous bad filling brunch, followed by an attempt to go to a huge outdoor market. Unfortunately, parking the Suburban around these cities hasn't been the easiest, so we skipped the market and got on the road to Quebec ...
... seemed to be colder than before... What was that again, 'It's not that cold actually?' I dare you to say that again now!!!
Having agreed only minutes earlier that our hands were the first part of the body to hurt the most from the cold, Jessy and I were now starting to feel the pain setting in slowly. It was only four blocks until home and we had managed fine on our way to the store. Why the sudden extreme pain then?!
The first ...
... were cold from the wind so went into McDonald’s to warm up and use their toilets.
Walked back to the Basilica still early so we went over to the modern Royal Bank to keep warm till the tour started. There was about a dozen people on the walking tour (lots of oldies like us). Met the Guide Catherine shed spent a year travelling around Australia so we has something to talk about. We spent near thirty minutes at the Notre-Dame Basilica of Montreal ...
Other places to stay in Montreal
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $192
- An anniversary getaway to remember!
- Couln't ask for more
- Chateau Champlain was wonderful!
420 Sherbrooke Street West, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $94
- We were very pleasantly surprised with the Holiday Inn Midtown
- Great place
- Not awful at all
Downtown, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $161
- Always stay here!
- The View? Cheers! The Staff? Jeers!
- Wonderful stay
Saint-Jacques, Montreal | 5 star hotelfrom $168
- Great Hotel
- There are better options in Montreal
- Rude service, dust on the curtains and mold in the bathroom
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $181
- Avoid this place if you can
- The Good and the Bad
- Excellent location and much more
Square Mile, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $183
- Great way to end our trip!
- Not a 4-star hotel
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $183
- Only tried the revolving restaurant
- A nice place for families
- Right in between St. Catherines and Vieux-Montreal
Saint-Laurent, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $110
Peter-McGill, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $172
- The best in Montreal
- Omini Mont Royal Just Right
- Great weekend getaway
Downtown, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $164
- We recommend this hotel
- A pleasant surprise
- Hotel was good enough for our stay
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $180
- Loved every moment
- Couldn't be better
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Best Location For Gay Village
- Tired Hotel
- Beautiful, Clean, Great service
Square Mile, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $140
- Nice, inexpensive hotel
- Gestapo at the front desk
- Cantlie ignorance
Square Mile, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $209
- Rather Impressed
- Beds to die for..
- Terrific French Hotel in the Quintessential French City
Saint-Laurent, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $120
Square Mile, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $138
- Small but servicable
- Small with Big Attitude
- Excellent location
Ville-Marie, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $138
- Good price, good location
- Pricy but worth it!!!
- Not a wonderful experience
Downtown, Montreal | 2 star hotelfrom $98
- Get what you pay for
- Tiny rooms filled up with smoke
- Tiny Room and Shower
Jeanne-Mance, Montreal | 5 star hotelfrom $167
Square Mile, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $142
- Would not stay at this hotel again.
- Very nice
- If you are looking for Peace and Relaxation. STAY AWAY from it
1155 rue Guy, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $65
- Not as bad as these reviews say...
- Not as advertised...
- Recommended to friends
Vieux-Montreal, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $169
- Great location and lovely suite
- Una excelente ubicación y una suite encantadora.
- Trčs bon emplacement et suite ravissante
Le Plateau-Mont-Royal, Montreal | 2 star hotelfrom $105
1005 Guy Street, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $86
7655 Decarie Blvd, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $107
155 Rene Levesque Boulevard East, Montreal | 2 star hotelfrom $119
- Highly Recommend!!
- Nice stay
- Great Stay!