Eur Lake Bed and Breakfast
Travel Blogs from Rome
... by the Pantheon. The staff were delighted to show us that the Pete and Jenny's bed rises up and exposes a spa bath and our bed is suspended in the air with the spa bath under the couch! What! In the evening we had a Coliseum tour, quite spooky with all those dead Gladiators ...
We started our day with a coffee from a little bar around the corner which Frederico had recommended. He'd mentioned the elderly owners but even so, we were surprised to find a man about 300 years old behind the counter. He set about making our coffees with a well practised skill made shaky with age. A woman we took to be his daughter swooped in at the last minute to save him from spilled milk which a burst of compassion made me want to cry over. None the ...
... faith. Stopped at nearby church, lit a candle for our little sweetie. Time to head home, a stroll down Via Nazionale to the Piazza Delia Repubblica, hang a left, and home past the American embassy at the Palazzo Margherita, this time a photo, the guards are a tad touchy. Day 4 down, 5 hours of walking, time for a traditional pizza and a cold one - local of course. The best pizza I have ever had, a big call, simple, but ...
... I got my fill and left the crazy crowded Coliseum for the Spanish Steps. Little did I understand, that ALL of Rome is crowded.
To get to the Spanish Steps, I took the Metro. From this experience, I discovered that Rome has an awful Metro system with only two lines that don’t really go through the center of town. It’s comparable to Atlanta’s awful MARTA system. By the "Spanish Steps," I was expecting the fairy tale version I remembered from ...
... a taxi rather than risking the bus. We had pre-ordered our tickets for the Vatican Museum and were especially glad we had done so when we saw the line of people without ticket vouchers. It was huge and was not moving at all. The museum just goes on and on, filled with wonders collected for ages. The ceilings are especially beautiful. After long halls of tapestries, old maps, broken penises, and fig leaves, we quietly entered the Sistine Chapel. We ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Eur Lake Bed and Breakfast Rome
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $117
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $254
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $356
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $199
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $91
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $95
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $144
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $105
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $173
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $306
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $66
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $71
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $84
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $119
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $89
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $88
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $166
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $87
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72