TripAdvisor Reviews Esplanade New York City
Travel Blogs from New York City
... lunch at the cafe there, I had chicken tenders a banana and pinballs and Jake had a hot dog , we then had a walk around the is.and, it really small there isn't anything to do except eat and look at the statue so you only need the morning to do the trip.Also if you go around 9 it's not to busy. oh and they do full airport screening to get on the ferry even take your shoes off. They security is so high on all the ...
... run down on when we needed to clap and what to do etc- and then the band came on and stared playing. Letterman came out before the show to talk to the audience which was cool! You could ask him questions and he made jokes which he then used in the show. There's a upper and lower section, we were on the ground lower section to the left of stage. The guests were jake Gyllenhaal, nico and vance (music group) and a ...
... to and from the plane at each end. It was raining heavily in Barcelona with lightening. The flight to Munich was about two hours and we dozed the whole way which was good. By the time we got through passport control, which didn't take long, we only had 1 1/4 hours to wait for the flight to New York - flying back in the direction we'd come from. The Lufthansa flight to New York was 8 hours and 30 minutes and was uneventful as would be hoped. Our ...
... of the guards agreed that was the best way if you have a bad knee. We then returned to the museum section in the base of the statue which was quite interesting and informative.
After that we joined the queue for the ferry to Ellis Island which is where immigrants were processed before entering the USA. On arrival we grabbed a quick lunch at the island's cafe. The main building now houses a museum about USA immigration and we also found this ...
... side, we were interested to see the Domino Sugar Refinery which was once the largest in the world, processing 3 million pounds of sugar a day. There were old and new hospitals including the modern Bellevue Hospital and New York University Hospital and ruins of old smallpox and mental hospitals. All in all, a very different and enjoyable way of seeing Manhattan and surrounds. We then decided to do ...
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!