TripAdvisor Reviews Esplanade New York City
Travel Blogs from New York City
The New York sky line is just beautiful. And, as the city appeared before us, our excitement increased ten-fold. Our arrival in Times Square was a slight culture shock. There were people everywhere!
We went upstairs to our hotel, and were greeted at reception by a very friendly guy called Michael. He offered us all warm chocolate chip cookies, and told the girls to come back to reception any time ...
... search of the Reservoir which is apparently the place to run around. We fend off the many hawkers trying to sell you a bike to ride around the park and they were sucking in plenty of people, but not us, prefer the feet on the pavement.
We walked around the initial part to where we decided to start the hit out. Leeshs shins were feeling a touch better today so she set the speed to ensure she had no issues. We cruised around for a god 15-20 minutes before we decided to have a ...
After the long day of our arrival in NYC, CIndy and I were slow to get started on day two. Even Chris and Steph were late rolling out, taking the ferry across to the WTC about 10:30 AM. Cindy and I started our trip to Ellis Island and Liberty Island about one o'clock, and we *finally* boarded a ferry about three o'clock.
Ellis Island is amazing. The main building has been converted to a great museum, and ...
... ordered some steamed rice, with Beef with Mango and Avocado, and Fried Noodles with Vegetables. Dessert was so yummy – Mango with Sago and Pomelo. A very satisfying meal.
John was really wilting by this time, and was desperate to go to bed. He’d had absolutely no sleep on our 14 hour odyssey. I was feeling quite lively, so sat on the bed all propped up with those feather pillows, laptop on my legs, all set to do lots of ...
... and asked if they could be in a musical and of course they said YES!!!!! Then we went to the 9/11 museum and learned about the attack of September 11 2001 Then we went to dinner my parents had a salad and Luke and I had a pretzel After that we got on the night tour and saw all the lights and learned some history Well the tour guide gave me homework so...bye bye for ...
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
811 7th Avenue on 52nd Street, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Very rude owner
- Dolores Alba
- Best bargain i had in years
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
111 East 48th Street, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $92
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
301 Park Avenue, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $216
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
234 West 48th Street, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $55
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Clinton, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $293
- Great stay
- Problems with Cleanliness of Rooms
- Nasty, not worth the $$$